View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:57 pm 
Journeyman

Adipost wrote:
Hiphopopotamos wrote:
ramentaschen wrote:
You have to scratch your head and wonder if this guy, like many other of our picks this year would have been available later.

It was reported that Shaheen was the Broncos pick if he had been there 6 picks later. So, no, he wouldn't have been available later.

I don't know if I buy that. Anyway, Denver drafted Jake Butt 100 picks later.

100 picks later because he'll start the season on PUP and so won't play until October if he plays at all this season.

I live in Denver and they were definitely high on him. Local media people plugged into the team thought they were targeting him there. They were bummed when he went off the board.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:11 am 
Mod

A lot of Broncos fans I know thought they were going to take Shaheen in the first. So.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:12 am 
Site Admin

PACE: "Any small school player we watch, we really want to see him dominate the level of competition and this guy definitely did that. Great character, high football intelligence, strong work ethic, and you know what stands out, for a guy with his size, his athleticism jumps out. He's one of those guys, when you're watching tape, you have to keep looking down and go, 'Man, this guy's 6-6 1/2 and 278 pounds and he moves like that. Good route quickness, good ability to separate, natural hands, good body control, big catching radius. You can feel his basketball background, his ability to go up and highpoint balls in a crowd. Just a good combination of size and strength and speed after the catch."

Pace on the type of tight end Shaheen can play in the offense: "He's built like a Y TE, an in-line tight end but he has the route quickness to play what we call the F role, so it's really interesting because a guy that big, he's a difficult guy to defend in traffic because he's big, he can go attack the ball and he's got really good concentration so this is really interesting for us."

Pace on how Shaheen uses his basketball experience to catch passes in traffic: “He’s so strong. Guys will drape on him and he can still have the concentration to make the catch. But the point I want to get across with him is for a guy that’s as big as he is, he’s got good route quickness and good route savviness to set guys up. And I think that’s what really impressed us all. For as big as he is … is this guy really 6-6 ½ and 278 pounds because he doesn’t move like that. He moves like a more agile player than you would think for a guy with that kind of size.”

John Fox on what stood out about Shaheen: "With Adam, what was very impressive of his was – which is also very important in basketball, having dabbled in that at a young age – the body control for a big man. Guys that you watch in the NBA, they’re extremely… they have good hands and have to have very good body control to play the game of basketball at a high level. This guy brought that. He’s pretty impressive in what he can do in terms of adjusting and catching footballs.”

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:55 am 
Mod

Even at the possible expense of my guy, I'm probably most excited to see how this pick turns out.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:06 am 
Site Admin

wab wrote:
Even at the possible expense of my guy, I'm probably most excited to see how this pick turns out.

I hope he comes in and just fucks people up. I hope he says stupid shit to the media and becomes the swaggering, lumbering asshole that this team needs and fires the team up.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:37 am 
MVP

TheWorldBreaker wrote:
Adipost wrote:
Hiphopopotamos wrote:
ramentaschen wrote:
You have to scratch your head and wonder if this guy, like many other of our picks this year would have been available later.

It was reported that Shaheen was the Broncos pick if he had been there 6 picks later. So, no, he wouldn't have been available later.

I don't know if I buy that. Anyway, Denver drafted Jake Butt 100 picks later.

100 picks later because he'll start the season on PUP and so won't play until October if he plays at all this season.

I live in Denver and they were definitely high on him. Local media people plugged into the team thought they were targeting him there. They were bummed when he went off the board.

Yet he'll still probably get a start before Shaheen.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:13 am 
Site Admin

Adipost wrote:

Zach Miller - injured always, likely to be cut at some point soon
Dion Sims - primarily a blocker
Daniel Brown - depth, primarily special teams/2TE package guy
Ben Braunecker - roster bubble

Shaheen, a second round pick, is healthy and isn't going to fuck around waiting for his turn.

MEANWHILE IN DENVER

...the Broncos have, get ready for it, EIGHT (8) tight ends on their roster currently, and Jake Butt - a 5th round pick - is recovering from a December 30th ACL tear, and may not be ready to play in the preseason.

Let's take a look at the Broncos depth chart and see where Butt falls in there, shall we?Image

Oh, holy shit. Yeah that's an uphill climb.

So yeah, maybe just slow the roll a little bit, Adi.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:31 pm 
Journeyman

UOK wrote:
Adipost wrote:

Shaheen, a second round pick, is healthy and isn't going to fuck around waiting for his turn.

MEANWHILE IN DENVER

...the Broncos have, get ready for it, EIGHT (8) tight ends on their roster currently, and Jake Butt - a 5th round pick - is recovering from a December 30th ACL tear, and may not be ready to play in the preseason.

Let's take a look at the Broncos depth chart and see where Butt falls in there, shall we?Image

None of the Broncos TE's are very good and they haven't been happy with the position since Julius Thomas left. They were so unhappy with them they traded with the Patriots to get one and he did nothing.

But Butt seems unlikely to play before Shaheen with Butt coming off the injury and having to start out on PUP.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:07 pm 
Site Admin

TheWorldBreaker wrote:
UOK wrote:
Adipost wrote:

MEANWHILE IN DENVER

None of the Broncos TE's are very good and they haven't been happy with the position since Julius Thomas left. They were so unhappy with them they traded with the Patriots to get one and he did nothing.

But Butt seems unlikely to play before Shaheen with Butt coming off the injury and having to start out on PUP.

They also drafted a QB in round 1 last year but he got outplayed by a 7th rounder out of Northwestern, so never discount a surprise - this may work in favor of OR against my point about Butt.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:11 pm 
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:
wab wrote:

I hope he comes in and just fucks people up. I hope he says stupid shit to the media and becomes the swaggering, lumbering asshole that this team needs and fires the team up.

a Chicago style Gronk?

that would certainly be cool :thumbsup:

need to give him a WWE style nickname ....

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next