Terrell and Tremaine Edmunds first brothers drafted in 1st

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Terrell and Tremaine Edmunds are first brothers drafted in first round
Safety Terrell Edmunds and linebacker Tremaine Edmunds of Virginia Tech were drafted Thursday night, marking the first time brothers have been taken in the first round of the same draft.

The feat, confirmed by Elias Sports Bureau, came to fruition with Terrell's selection by the Pittsburgh Steelers as the 28th pick. He was taken 12 picks after the Buffalo Bills chose his younger brother with the 16th selection.

"It's a blessing for my family overall," said Terrell Edmunds, whose father, Ferrell, made the Pro Bowl twice during his six-year NFL career as a tight end for Miami and Seattle. "It didn't matter where [Tremaine] went and I went.

"I'm thankful to everyone for supporting us all the way."

Terrell Edmunds said he didn't expect to hear his name called during the first round.

"I was surprised, honestly" to be picked, he said. "I'm ready. I'm telling you I'm ready."

The brothers' selections gave Virginia Tech a set of first-round picks for only the second time in the common draft era. In 2004, DeAngelo Hall (eighth) and Kevin Jones (30th) were drafted by Atlanta and Detroit, respectively.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin