View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Search for:
 Post subject: Chicago Bears Team Needs
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:40 pm 
Mod

Offense:
WR - I'm of the opinion that the Bears will be "OK" moving forward at WR and they will try and land a fairly big fish in FA that can immediately help Mitch Trubisky rather than try and wait for a rookie to develop. Meredith should be back, as well as Inman. They should count on White for nothing, but he's still there. So is Wheaton who needs to be better next year.

They should absolutely draft a guy, but as of right now I don't see a top 10 prospect out there. I'd look in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Top 5 FA Targets:
Jarvis Landry
Allen Robinson
Sammy Watkins
DeVante Adams
Paul Richardson

Top 5 Draft Targets:
Courtland Sutton, SMU
Calvin Ridley, Alabama
James Washington, OK State
Anthony Miller, Memphis
Christian Kirk, Texas A&M

OL - Injuries to Sitton and Long have cause inconsistency along the offensive line and I legitimately wonder how much Long has left. He'll be 29 tomorrow, and even though guards can play well into their 30's, he's seen an awful lot of injuries pile up on him the last two years.

The Bears have Jordan Morgan stashed away on IR as a developmental prospect, but they need another interior guy. They also have a decision to make at RT. Massie has quietly had a decent year, but is he worth what he's getting paid? I'd almost rather have Compton back as his replacement. A young swing tackle wouldn't hurt either.

It's not a great FA/Draft but there are guys out there like Marcus Martin, Ryan Jensen, and James Hurst. Some guys to look at outside of round one in the draft are Billy Price, Frank Ragnow, and Lester Cotton on the interior as well as David Bright, Martez Ivey, and Mitch Hyatt on the outside.

Defense:

CB - Currently the Bears starting corners are playing well, but they could all be playing well elsewhere next season. Amukamara, Fuller, and Callahan are FA's. So is ST ace Sherrick McManis. That leaves Cooper, LeBlanc, and Hall as the only players under contract next season. It's reasonable to assume that at least one of Amukamara or Fuller will be back, and very likely both. The Bears have put together a surprisingly talented secondary so it would be a shame to start over.

FA Targets: IMO, Fuller and Amukamara should be the Bears top FA targets.

Draft Targets:
Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama
Denzel Ward, Ohio State
Jaire Alexander, Louisville
Josh Jackson, Iowa
Tarvarus McFadden, FSU

OLB - This is assuming the next DC stays with the 3-4, which I assume they will. Floyd has been good, but still shows he needs to get bigger and stronger. And he needs to spend less time in coverage. McPhee, Young, and Houston will all likely be sent on their way after the season leaving a pretty big hole in the roster. Sam Acho plays hard and all, so there is probably a spot of the team for him. Howard Jones and Isaiah Irving are interesting young guys, but need to develop.

FA Targets:
DeMarcus Lawrence
Chris McCain
Shaq Barrett
Marcus Smith
Aaron Lynch

Draft Targets:
Arden Key, LSU
Austin Bryant, Clemson
Harold Landry, Boston College
Josh Sweat, FSU
Sam Hubbard, Ohio State

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:38 pm 
Assistant Coach

I think we've also got to consider OT. I know we signed Leno to a long term deal but Massie is replaceable and can be upgraded. Also our OT depth is pretty abysmal IMO, so an influx of talent there is needed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:39 pm 
Head Coach

OT, OG, WR, OLB, ILB, CB. Can pretty much put emphasis on any position as top need.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:48 pm 
MVP

Wait, so you’re keeping Wheaton?

Although, I must admit, Wheaton could be just a victim of the incompetent coaching staff. John Fox refuses to play him for whatever reason.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:15 am 
Mod

Adipost wrote:

Although, I must admit, Wheaton could be just a victim of the incompetent coaching staff. John Fox refuses to play him for whatever reason.

He’s under contract. So yeah, for the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:29 am 
Assistant Coach

1a) OT
1b) edge
2) WR
3) CB

One of the top two in Round 1.

This space for rent.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:32 am 
Mod

I'd say:
Edge
OL
WR
CB (this is assuming they resign Fuller/Amukamara...if not, this goes to the top)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:56 am 
MVP

wab wrote:
Adipost wrote:

He’s under contract. So yeah, for the moment.

Contracts are meaningless in the NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:59 am 
Site Admin

1: Head coach & coordinators that are not conservative, stubborn, and backwards

2: Complete re-evaluation & replacement of team nutrition, team facilities, physical wellness, training staff, and injury prevention

3. Two starting WRs that would be legit starting WRs on any other team in the NFL; not WRs that are good by Bears standards

4. New starters at LT/RT

5. Pass rush from anywhere, EDGE, LB, etc. Just get pass rushers and fucking rush them like madmen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:00 am 
Head Coach

i'm super confused at the idea of drafting an OT in the first. Ryan Pace repeatedly said, when we gave Leno his big contract, that he loved the dude. Everybody in the locker room loves Leno. It's not cheap to cut him next year.

Are we drafting an LT anyway, or are we taking a RT in the first?