BFO Scouting WR

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

mmmc_35 wrote:Korey Robertson, WR, Southern Miss

- fighter is the word that comes to mind watching Robertson. He fights for extra years willing to go into traffic. He is fast and looks like he should be good in breaks. Once he puts his for into the ground he is off. Not shy to make contact. Really good balance. Double clutches done passes but hands seem good. I really like him as a prospect.
Korey Robertson was a surprise early entry into the 2018 draft class, but his athleticism, production and size stand out. At 6'1" and 210 pounds, he's expected to run in the low 4.4 range and has shown the physicality to fight for jump balls. Robertson posted 76 catches for 1,106 yards and 12 touchdowns this year. I currently have a third-round grade on him.
Complete 2017 Korey Robertson
Yeah, I like this kid.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/draftwire. ... eiver/amp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

That article makes me like him more.
G08
Hall of Famer

He was my sleeper :angry:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
thunderspirit
Head Coach

- fighter is the word that comes to mind watching Robertson. He fights for extra years willing to go into traffic. He is fast and looks like he should be good in breaks. Once he puts his for into the ground he is off. Not shy to make contact. Really good balance. Double clutches done passes but hands seem good. I really like him as a prospect.
Korey Robertson was a surprise early entry into the 2018 draft class, but his athleticism, production and size stand out. At 6'1" and 210 pounds, he's expected to run in the low 4.4 range and has shown the physicality to fight for jump balls. Robertson posted 76 catches for 1,106 yards and 12 touchdowns this year. I currently have a third-round grade on him.
Welcome aboard the wagon. I'll make room for ya.
:welcome:
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
MrPrettyBoyFancyLad
Journeyman

thunderspirit wrote:

Welcome aboard the wagon. I'll make room for ya.
:welcome:
move over, i'm jumping in. lol!!!
Adipost
MVP

Anybody watch tape on DJ Moore? Damn impressive.
G08
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:Anybody watch tape on DJ Moore? Damn impressive.
Wish he was bigger but love him in round 2.

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I will tonight. What's your opinion other than impressive.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

mmmc_35 wrote:
I will tonight. What's your opinion other than impressive.
I'm not Adi, but Moore's style has drawn comparisons to Doug Baldwin and Golden Tate. (I've also seen Stefon Diggs as a comp, which seems lazy -- Diggs is much more slight than Moore.) He's got size limitations, but speed and quickness to spare.

Moore is an enticing prospect with return and run-after-catch ability and the kind of football character coaches adore. The Bears would likely have to invest their second-rounder to land him.
KFFL refugee.

thunderspirit
Head Coach

This post has some very good data compiled for receiver traits in which Nagy will likely be interested. He's focused mostly on the Combine data, which frankly has sold Kendall Wright short on his speed; factor in his pro day numbers, even adjusted .04 on the 40 time to compensate for hand-timed measurements, and he comfortably hits the thresholds the author posits. I've warmed to the idea of bringing Wright back if it's not too expensive. (FWIW, I'm also with him on axing Markus Wheaton — don't let the door hit ya where Mother Nature split ya.)

I chose to make 2014 my cut-off point, which removed Jeremy Maclin and Da'Ron Brown from the data set, and then plugged the numbers into agility and twitch formulae I calculate every draft year to look for additional trends. Along with the thresholds given for 40-time (4.51s), vertical jump (35.5 inches) and broad jump (10.0 ft), a 3-cone time of 7.00s or under appears to be important. The sole exception to that time was Chris Conley, whose 4.35 speed on a 6-2, 215 lb frame appears to have largely made up for his lack of quickness changing direction.

Cam Meredith, Kevin White (yeah, yeah, I know), Josh Bellamy, and Kendall Wright all meet or exceed each of the four data points; Dontrelle Inman falls short on both the jumps.
KFFL refugee.

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

D.J. Chark

- Honestly I am not a big of fan. He has good height and length. Skinny. He can take the top off a defense. Doesn't run a wide variety of routes, but shows the agility to be able to. He likes to body catch and his hands are inconsistent. He has added value on the return game and could be better on the NFL do to QB play at LSU.

Scouting Report Fan Sided

Complete 2017
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

DJ Moore

- Well this dude is fantastic. He fits this year's shorter athletic playmaker mold. He is quick and can produce after the catch. He shows good hands, and ball tracking.
He won't be a 50/50 guy, or traditional deep threat. He is an advanced route runner. Scrappy as hell.

Scouting Report

Complete 2017
Last edited by mmmc_35 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Marcell Ateman

- He has the "prototypical" WR build. He can high point the the ball, with sure hands catching the ball away from him.

Scouting Report

2017 Highlights
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

So this is how I have the WR ranked currently.

RIDLEY, CALVIN
SUTTON, COURTLAND
WASHINGTON, JAMES
KIRK, CHRISTIAN
MOORE, D.J.
ST. BROWN, EQUANIMEOUS
MILLER, ANTHONY
PETTIS , DANTE
CAIN, DEON
ATEMAN, MARCELL
GALLUP, MICHAEL
LASLEY, JORDAN
COUTEE, KEKE
CALLAWAY, ANTONIO
CHARK, D.J.
Hiphopopotamos
Head Coach

FWIW - Seems draft twitter thinks Chark has secured himself a spot in the top 50.

Kirk time out in the 4.4’s and is a must take if he’s there for us in the second.
Holy Shit - We got Justin Fields!

In my former life I was known as FencikFanatic.

Oh, and if you were wondering - yes I'm real. And I'm fantastic.
G08
Hall of Famer

I loved Chark's 4.34 at roughly 6'3" 200 lbs.

I was hoping Kirk ran closer to a 4.40 than a 4.50, but that's alright.

Curious AF to see what DJ Moore runs.

G08
Hall of Famer

DJ Moore: 4.43 unofficial, 39.5" vertical

I'd love this dude in round 2.

EricTighe
MVP

I personally wouldn't take any of these WR in the first or second round.

I do like some but have none of them in my top 20 players in the draft.

Never draft for need!
Umbali
MVP

I personally doubt Pace picks a WR in round one after getting bit by the White pick. I think he goes edge rusher first or CB. How many times has the Patriots had a true number one WR? Yet....lots of SB appearances ..
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
alexwilkins
Crafty Veteran

Just finished the first group of wideouts and QBs at the combine, and man did Christian Kirk impress me. His footwork in the on-field drills was great. Catching the over-the-shoulder balls was nice, too. He’s short, but he’s thick-bodied. He never really played outside in school, but he’s got this toughness about him. I don’t think a Steve Smith, Sr. comparison is too far off. I wouldn’t hate him in the first round.

I’ll be watching the second group later tonight.
wab
Mod

I'd be all over Kirk in the 2nd, but I think he'll go somewhere in the late teens.
G08
Hall of Famer

Kirk/Moore/Chark... one of those dudes should be there at pick #39.

Then again if we somehow land Robinson and Wilson in FA, we don't need to look at WR on day 2.

wab
Mod

Am I the only one that is lukewarm on Robinson? Something about the Bears top 3 wideouts going into next season having only accounted for 2 games, 3 catches, and 23 yards in 2017...just bugs me.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:Am I the only one that is lukewarm on Robinson? Something about the Bears top 3 wideouts going into next season having only accounted for 2 games, 3 catches, and 23 yards in 2017...just bugs me.
It's not ideal, but ACL tears don't ruin careers like they used to (look at Todd Gurley as an example).

The "luxury" we have is that we should have depth as a hedge, plus Robinson and Meredith are only 24 and 25, respectively.

1. Robinson
2. Meredith
3. Wilson
4. White
5. Wheaton (or a draft pick, etc)
6. Generic depth

wab
Mod

G08 wrote:
wab wrote:Am I the only one that is lukewarm on Robinson? Something about the Bears top 3 wideouts going into next season having only accounted for 2 games, 3 catches, and 23 yards in 2017...just bugs me.
It's not ideal, but ACL tears don't ruin careers like they used to (look at Todd Gurley as an example).

The "luxury" we have is that we should have depth as a hedge, plus Robinson and Meredith are only 24 and 25, respectively.

1. Robinson
2. Meredith
3. Wilson
4. White
6. Generic depth
That's a lot of hurt players being counted on....4 out of 5...
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
G08 wrote:

1. Robinson
2. Meredith
3. Wilson
4. White
6. Generic depth
It is, but 3 of those 5 were injured very early last season and are projected to be ready to go by training camp (if not earlier). If that knocks a few bucks off the bottom line, I don't mind.

Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

G08 wrote:
wab wrote:
G08 wrote:

1. Robinson
2. Meredith
3. Wilson
4. White
6. Generic depth
It is, but 3 of those 5 were injured very early last season and are projected to be ready to go by training camp (if not earlier). If that knocks a few bucks off the bottom line, I don't mind.
I would be 100% ok with that, although I'm hoping that Inman sticks.
Adipost
MVP

It’s definitely a risk, especially since besides the ACL tear Robinson looked pretty bad in 2016. So he went from an epic season, to looking like a shell of his former self the next season, to the ACL this past season. All that being said, I’d definitely give him one of those Alshon Jeffery 14 mil prove it deals.
cblaz11
MVP

I really want Sammy Watkins. He could be very dangerous in Nagys offense. That being said, WHY IN GODS NAME would the Rams let him walk after giving up a 2nd for him a year ago.

Things like that get a GM fired...
G08
Hall of Famer

McCblaz wrote:I really want Sammy Watkins. He could be very dangerous in Nagys offense. That being said, WHY IN GODS NAME would the Rams let him walk after giving up a 2nd for him a year ago.

Things like that get a GM fired...
Why would they only target him 70 times in a season, too?

Makes you wonder... is he dumb? Did McVay not trust him?

Regardless, he's my #1 target if he hits FA. Turn on the Chiefs "tape" and focus on Tyreek Hill. Then imagine if that dude was 6'1" 205 lbs.