Combine participants

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

cblaz11
MVP

I've watched Edmunds tape, and I just don't see it. Show me something to convince me otherwise. The guy neglects his assignments constantly, he rarely rushed the passer, and he stood still a lot.

He's got the measurables, but at 8? Or anywhere in the 1st? No thanks
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

He's got a lot of good tape, a few plays each game that just says bleh, and 1-2 plays a game where he just misses his assignment. He's got the measurables, and he's going to be one of the youngest prospects to get drafted in a few years. That tells me that things aren't at the stage where he is pure instint yet and still thinks about what he's seeing some times instead of knowing. That will come by being in the film room more and being able to trust the guys around him to do their job so he can concentrate on his own.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
wab
Mod

McCblaz wrote:I've watched Edmunds tape, and I just don't see it. Show me something to convince me otherwise. The guy neglects his assignments constantly, he rarely rushed the passer, and he stood still a lot.

He's 19 freaking years old.
YOGABBA
Rookie

wab:

I was hoping you could answer some previous questions I asked.
YOGABBA
Rookie

malk:

I'm not sure I understand the reference.
wab
Mod

YOGABBA:

I think he's a top 10 pick. I don't see Pace trading back in the draft.
G08
Hall of Famer

McCblaz wrote:I've watched Edmunds tape, and I just don't see it. Show me something to convince me otherwise. The guy neglects his assignments constantly, he rarely rushed the passer, and he stood still a lot.

Cblaz, the athleticism and ridiculous range doesn't jump off the tape at you? That alone made me stop and rub my eyes. Then I look for things like how he is able to get from one hash to the sideline and up the field to cover a RB running a wheel route, or how he lines up in the slot to cover a WR and winds up breaking on a pass that he could have picked off.

He's a solid blitzer from the ILB position and he's got the bend and length I want in an OLB/EDGE rusher. This kid is a stud in that regard, but he IS a 19 year old ball of clay. I'd have zero issues -- none -- handing that over to Vic Fangio and telling him to make this kid a star.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS
YOGABBA
Rookie

Crazy to think that a 19 year old could be drafted so high.