Offensive Linemen Talk

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

cblaz11
MVP

EricTighe wrote:As far as RRH goes I can bring up a few examples but already have. In a 3-4 defense never shoe tie a guy to one position. Hicks has the fattest ass on this team and plays DE not NT as should be the case. Houston, McPhee and Willie Young were all over two were 6'3" and 2 were over 270 one being under 270 and 6'5".

I am not saying he isn't solely a DE I am just saying don't horse tie to that one spot.

It's not just the size that places people into their positions, it's also their skill sets.
wab
Mod

Roy Robertson Harris weighs almost 300lbs now. He’s unequivocally NOT a linebacker. They said when they signed him that they saw him as an athletic 5T.

Floyd has shown flashes, but not enough and it’s getting high time for that breakout season we keep hearing about.

Acho is a good special teams guy and a rotational LB.

Jones is a fringe player with some athletic ability.

Lynch...I happen to sort of agree with you. I don’t see pro bowl but if he’s right in the head he’s an 8-10 sack guy. But this is pretty much his last shot in the league.

The Bears need to draft a pass rusher and another defensive lineman. There’s just no getting around it.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:Roy Robertson Harris weighs almost 300lbs now. He’s unequivocally NOT a linebacker. They said when they signed him that they saw him as an athletic 5T.
and redshirted him an entire year to gain that weight and learn how to play 5T.