WAB Post Combine/Free Agency 4 Round Mock Draft

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

Round 1
1. Cleveland : Baker Mayfield - QB - Oklahoma
Throw a dart, it could be any of the top 5 QB’s. But, Dorsey seems drawn to accurate guys with high Football IQ.

2. New York Giants : Bradley Chubb - DE - NC State
After trading away JPP, they need another rusher. Just so happens Chubb is a top 3 prospect.

3. New York Jets f/ Indianapolis : Sam Darnold - QB - USC
I think they are expecting Mayfield, but would be happy to see Darnold here. The Jets sent seemingly every employee they had to Darnold’s pro day.

4. Cleveland f/ Houston : Saquon Barkley - RB - Penn St.
Unless they trade down, it would be hard to pass up Barkley at 4.

5. Denver : Josh Allen - QB - Wyoming
They are saying all the right things about Keenum and they also have high hopes for Chad Kelly, but the chance at the next Carson Wentz could be too tempting.

6. Indianapolis f/ New York Jets : Minkah Fitzpatrick - CB - Alabama
The Colts could go any number of directions here, but Fitzpatrick is ecactly the type of defensive back their new Cover 2 style defense needs.

7. Buffalo f/ Tampa Bay : Lamar Jackson - QB - Louisville
I’m on record saying that Jackson will go higher than most people think. He just fits this offense so well. The Bills have plenty of picks, and by moving to 7 they can still keep their other 1st rounder.

8. Chicago : Quenton Nelson - OG - Notre Dame
Pass rusher is a clear need, and it’s the sexy pick. But the Bears have a glaring hole at LG (possibly RG too, depending on how healthy Kyle Long is). Nelson is a generational player at a boring position. I’ll take the chance at a elite prospect at guard over a boom or bust linebacker every time. I don’t know what else there is to say about Nelson that hasn’t already been said a hundred times.

9. San Francisco : Roquan Smith - LB - Georgia
Rueben Foster may never play another down in the NFL. Smith is a better prospect anyway.

10. Oakland : Derwin James - S - Florida St.
The Raiders loaded up at corner in free agency, but only Karl Joseph is a lock at safety. Last year’s second round pick, oversized safety Obi Melifonwu, may be a candidate to move to LB in Oakland’s new scheme.

11. Miami : Josh Rosen - QB - UCLA
Not a lot of people have Rosen falling out of the top 5, but I think teams will see that he may be as good as he’s going to get. He’s the best pure passer in the draft though, so he won’t fall far. He’s a great fit for Miami.

12. Tampa Bay f/ Buffalo (Cincinnati) : Denzel Ward - CB - Ohio St.
The Bucs can move down and still get Ward although I think they prefer James…but he’s gone in this scenario. They also pick up a 2nd and 3rd.

13. Washington : Vita Vea - DT - Washington
Vea is a massive man who can move extremely well for a man his size. He’s a 3 down player who can move all over the defensive line. He’s one of my favorite players in the draft.

14. Green Bay : Josh Jackson - CB - Iowa
The NFC North is suddenly full of talented QB’s and explosive passing offenses and the Packers don’t have nearly enough corners.

15. Arizona : Marcus Davenport - DE - UTSA
The Cardinals have a lot of needs and are in a clear rebuilding phase, but man…can you imagine trying to figure out how to block Chandler Jones and Marcus Davenport?

16. Baltimore : Tremaine Edmunds - LB - Va. Tech
I love Edmumds. I think he has a bright future in the NFL and could be long gone before this pick. But he’s so young and he has absolutely no idea what he’s doing out there half the time.

17. Los Angeles Chargers : Kolton Miller - OT - UCLA
At some point they have to start planning for the future at QB (Cardale Jones ain’t it) but Russell Okung is on the tail end of his career and Joseph Barksdale has been average and hurt.

18. Seattle : Jaire Alexander - CB - Louisville
Shaq Richardson is really the only starting caliber corner on the roster. Alexander is a tough defensive back with ball skills who doesn’t back down from contact.

19. Dallas : Courtland Sutton - WR - SMU
Dez Bryant desperately needs someone to take pressure off of him on the other side. Sutton is a similar player with better speed. And he lives right across town.

20. Detroit : James Daniels - C - Iowa
It seems like forever ago when Laken Tomlinson, Larry Warford, and Travis Swanson comprised one of the best interior lines in the NFL. Daniels is an athletic blocker who excels in pass protection.

21. Cincinnati f/ Buffalo : Connor Williams - OT - Texas
Picking up Cordy Glenn was a good start but they need another tackle. Jake Fisher isn’t healthy and Cedric Ogbuehi has been a disappointment. Williams’ stock is a little all over the place so he’s hard to project.

22. Buffalo f/ Kansas City : Calvin Ridley - WR - Alabama
Even before Zay Jones had his weird meltdown, they needed another WR. Ridley is the best route runner in the draft and is a great compliment to the bigger Benjamin.

23. Los Angeles Rams : Harold Landry - LB - Boston College
Landry Should have come out last year when he would have been a top 10 pick. He didn’t play as well, so he could slide to the bottom third of round one. The talent is still there though, and he’s a really good fit in the Rams defense.

24. Carolina : Isaiah Wynn - OG - Georgia
Losing Norwell has to sting, but Wynn is a solid replacement. He’s not as tall as you’d like but his stout, powerful build and mobility make him a perfect fit for what Carolina does along their offensive line.

25. Tennessee : Leighton Vander Esch - LB - Boise St.
The Titans lost Avery Williamson and whiffed on Kevin Dodd, so they are a little thin at LB. Vander Esch is a very similar player to what Mike Vrable used to be and he really improved his stock at the combine. He has the versatility to play in the middle or outside.

26. Atlanta : Da'Ron Payne - DT - Alabama
I’m not entirely sure that Payne will still be on the board here, but if he is the Falcons should run…not walk…to the podium. Alabama defensive linement have a habit of falling on draft day though.

27. New Orleans : Mason Rudolph - QB - Oklahoma St.
Taysom Hill is a nice story with his special teams play and all, but the Saints need to start planning for life after Drew Brees. Rudolph is vastly underrated and gets knocked for playing in a wide open offense that racked up yards against subpar defenses.

28. Pittsburgh : Derrius Guice - RB - LSU
I think they’d like to take Rudolph but he’s gone. They yearly dance with Le’veon Bell has to end at some point. Should they take Guice, Bell may become trade bait on draft day.

29. Jacksonville : Anthony Miller - WR - Memphis
Losing two all pro receivers and replacing them with Donte Moncrief isn’t ideal. Miller is undersized but would fill a big hole in the slot. Keelan Cole, Dede Westbrook, and Rashad Green have all been inconsistent to this point.

30. Minnesota : Billy Price - OG - Ohio St.
Currently the Vikings only have one guard on the roster, and he wasn’t very good as a rookie. Price hurt his pectoral during the bench press at the combine, but it shouldn’t drop him too far. He gives them flexibility at guard or center depending on what they do with Pat Elflein, Dany Isadora, and Nick Easton.

31. New England : Mike McGlinchey - OT - Notre Dame
The Pats weren’t super concerned about losing Nate Solder because they like Tony Garcia a lot. Still, they are pretty thin at tackle given the free agent status of Cameron Fleming and the health status of Marcus Cannon. McGlinchey is a similar player to Solder. I like him on the right side as an eventual replacement for Cannon.

32. Philadelphia : Justin Reid - S - Stanford
The Eagles don’t have a lot of holes, but have spent a lot of time with Reid. That makes sense given the age of their current group of safeties.

Round 2
33. Cleveland : Maurice Hurst - DT - Michigan
34. New York Giants : Rashaan Evans - LB - Alabama
35. Cleveland f/ Houston : Mike Hughes - CB - UCF
36. Indianapolis : Sony Michel - RB - Georgia
37. Indianapolis f/ New York Jets : Orlando Brown - OT - Oklahoma
38. Tampa Bay : Ronald Jones II - RB - USC

39. Chicago : Taven Bryan - DT - Florida
I like Bryan a lot. So much that should the Bears take him at 8 I wouldn’t be upset. At 6’5 290lbs, he has prototypical size for the 5T, but he’s as athletic as smaller quicker DE’s. The son of a former Navy Seal, he’s a straight laced and hardworking kid. His balance is suspect and he needs to work on his feet and develop a stronger base though. His production also didn't match his ability which is why he slides to round 2.

40. Denver : Will Hernandez - OG - UTEP
41. Oakland : Darius Leonard - LB - S.C. State
42. Miami : Mike Gesicki - TE - Penn St.
43. New England f/ San Francisco : Sam Hubbard - DE - Ohio St.
44. Washington : Isaiah Oliver - CB - Colorado
45. Green Bay : Michael Gallup - WR - Colorado St.
46. Cincinnati : Harrison Phillips - DT - Stanford
47. Arizona : Shaquem Griffin - LB - UCF
48. Los Angeles Chargers : Dorian O'Daniel - LB - Clemson
49. Indianapolis f/ New York Jets (Seattle) : Braden Smith - OG - Auburn
50. Dallas : M.J. Stewart - CB - N. Carolina
51. Detroit : Dallas Goedert - TE - S. Dak. St.
52. Baltimore : Mark Andrews - TE - Oklahoma
53. Tampa Bay f/ Buffalo : Donte Jackson - CB - LSU
54. Kansas City : Malik Jefferson - LB - Texas
55. Carolina : Nick Chubb - RB - Georgia
56. Buffalo f/ Los Angeles Rams : Christian Kirk - WR - Texas A&M
57. Tennessee : James Washington - WR - Oklahoma St.
58. Atlanta : Wyatt Teller - OG - Va. Tech
59. San Francisco f/ New Orleans : Marcell Ateman - WR - Oklahoma St.
60. Pittsburgh : DeShon Elliott - S - Texas
61. Jacksonville : Chukwuma Okorafor - OT - W. Michigan
62. Minnesota : D.J. Moore - WR - Maryland
63. New England : Mike White - QB - Western Ky.
64. Cleveland f/ Philadelphia : Josh Sweat - DE - Florida St.

Round 3
65. Buffalo f/ Cleveland : Bradley Bozeman - C - Alabama
66. New York Giants : Royce Freeman - RB - Oregon
67. Indianapolis : DJ Chark - WR - LSU
68. Houston : Brian O'Neill - OT - Pittsburgh
69. New York Giants f/ Tampa Bay : Duke Ejiofor - DE - Wake Forest
70. San Francisco f/ Chicago : Kameron Kelly - CB - San Diego St
71. Denver : Deontay Burnett - WR - USC
72. New York Jets : Martinas Rankin - OT - Miss. State
73. Miami : Tim Settle - DT - Va. Tech
74. San Francisco : Tyrell Crosby - OT - Oregon
75. Oakland : Arden Key - DE - LSU
76. Green Bay : Ronnie Harrison - S - Alabama
77. Cincinnati : Frank Ragnow - C - Arkansas
78. Kansas City f/ Washington : Kyzir White - S - W. Virginia
79. Arizona : Tarvarus McFadden - CB - Florida St.
80. Houston f/ Seattle : Nathan Shepherd - DT - Ft. Hayes
81. Dallas : Jeff Holland - DE - Auburn
82. Detroit : Auden Tate - WR - Florida St.
83. Baltimore : Kalen Ballage - RB - Arizona St.
84. Los Angeles Chargers : B.J. Hill - DT - NC State
85. Carolina f/ Buffalo : Cedrick Wilson - WR - Boise St.
86. Kansas City : Justin Lawler - DE - SMU
87. Los Angeles Rams : Oren Burks - LB - Vanderbilt
88. Carolina : Lorenzo Carter - DE - Georgia
89. Tennessee : Rasheem Green - DT - USC
90. Atlanta : Uchenna Nwosu - LB - USC
91. New Orleans : Levi Wallace - CB - Alabama
92. Pittsburgh : Will Clapp - C - LSU
93. Jacksonville : Kyle Lauletta - QB - Richmond
94. Minnesota : Isaac Yiadom - CB - Boston College
95. New England : Ogbonnia Okoronkwo - LB - Oklahoma
96. Tampa Bay f/ Buffalo (Philadelphia) : Tre'Quan Smith - WR - UCF
97. Arizona (comp) : Austin Corbett - C - Nevada
98. Houston (comp) : Armani Watts - S - Texas A&M
99. Denver (comp) : Will Richardson - OT - NC State
100. Cincinnati (comp) : Josey Jewell - LB - Iowa

Round 4
101. Green Bay f/ Cleveland : Alex Cappa - OT - Humboldt
102. Tampa Bay f/ New York Giants : Kemoko Turay - DE - Rutgers
103. Houston : Sam Jones - OG - Arizona St.
104. Indianapolis : Chad Thomas - DE - Miami (Fla.)

105. Chicago : Dorance Armstrong Jr. - LB - Kansas
Armstrong was ranked a lot higher early on in the process, so the Bears would be fortunate to find him still on the board here. He reminds me a lot of Mark Anderson…lean and athletic…kind of built like a shooting guard. His production was inconsistent because of what he was asked to do in college. His technique needs work and he’ll need good coaching to develop into a stand up rusher, but there is a lot to work with.

106. Denver : Brandon Facyson - CB - Va. Tech
107. New York Jets : Joseph Noteboom - OT - TCU
108. New York Giants f/ Tampa Bay : Jalyn Holmes - DE - Ohio St.
109. Denver f/ San Francisco : Logan Woodside - QB - Toledo
110. Oakland : DaeSean Hamilton - WR - Penn St.
111. Los Angeles Rams f/ Miami : Brian Allen - C - Michigan St.
112. Cincinnati : Tyquan Lewis - DE - Ohio St.
113. Washington : Mason Cole - C - Michigan
114. Cleveland f/ Green Bay : Poona Ford - DT - Texas

115. Chicago Bears f/ Arizona : Deon Cain - WR - Clemson
The Bears spent a lot of money on pass catchers in Free Agency, but in addition to the yearly injury issues with Kevin White there is also the chance that Cam Meredith signs elsewhere. Cain spent time with the Bears brass so the interest is there. He has a great combination of size and movement skills but needs to take the next step.

116. Dallas : Holton Hill - CB - Texas
117. Detroit : Christian Sam - LB - Arizona St.
118. Baltimore : Coleman Shelton - C - Washington
119. Los Angeles Chargers : Luke Falk - QB - Wash. State
120. Seattle : Derrick Nnadi - DT - Florida St.
121. Buffalo : Carlton Davis - CB - Auburn
122. Kansas City : Jamarco Jones - OT - Ohio St.
123. Miami f/ Cleveland (Carolina) : Skai Moore - LB - S. Carolina
124. Kansas City f/ Los Angeles Rams : Scott Quessenberry - C - UCLA
125. Tennessee : Davin Bellamy - LB - Georgia
126. Atlanta : Greg Stroman - CB - Va. Tech
127. New Orleans : Trenton Thompson - DT - Georgia
128. San Francisco f/ Pittsburgh : Taylor Hearn - OG - Clemson
129. Jacksonville : Equanimeous St. Brown - WR - Notre Dame
130. Philadelphia f/ Minnesota : Kevin Toliver II - CB - LSU
131. Miami f/ New England (Philadelphia) : Ade Aruna - DE - Tulane
132. Philadelphia : Quenton Meeks - CB - Stanford
133. Green Bay (comp) : Matthew Thomas - LB - Florida St.
134. Arizona (comp) : Chase Litton - QB - Marshall
135. Los Angeles Rams f/ New York Giants (comp) : Andrew Brown - DE - Virginia
136. New England (comp) : Sean Welsh - OG - Iowa
137. Dallas (comp) : Ja'Von Rolland-Jones - LB - Arkansas St.

Bears R5
Micah Kiser – LB – Virgina
Kiser is limited athletically but he has great size at 6’2 245 and used is instincts, hustle, and powerful tackling to become one of the most productive linebackers in the country. If there ever was a LB for Vic Fangio to mold, Kiser is that guy. Solid both against the run and as a pass rusher, he fills a similar role as the recently departed Christian Jones.

Bears R6
Brandon Parker – OT – NC A&T
Ryan Pace dips back into the North Carolina A&T well from whence he plucked Tarik Cohen. Parker is a bit of a project who will need to continue to work on his technique but he has the length, feet, and power to give Harry Heistand the tingles.

Bears R7
Jalen Davis – CB – Utah State
Davis is the All American corner that no one talks about. He’s not very big, but he is tough as nails. Exceptional anticipation and closing speed. With the status of Callahan up in the air, the Bears could use a cover guy like Davis. I really really like this kid.

Random Note: If the Bears keep Meredith I’m not sure they take a WR. If that ends up being the case, I’d really like for the Bears to look at Justin Jackson. It’s a bit of a homer pick, but he’s a change of pace back that fits really well in the offense.
UOK
Site Admin

I've been watching tape on this QB class and Mayfield is easily my #1. If I had to pick from among any of them, I'd go Mayfield. He looks like a legit pro.

Allen is Cutler. Darnold looks excellent in his highlights but his lowlights reels are just as long. Rosen is just a guy. I've done no research on Jackson, admittedly.
Hematite
Player of the Month

Not excited about Nelson, but I get it. Bryan in the 2nd would be a steal IMO. Dorance Armstrong in the 4th would be highway robbery, so I'm good with that.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

You're considerably higher on Tavon Bryan than I am (particularly as a 5-technique), but that's quibbling.

I'd make different choices at the same spots if the board played out like this (I like Hubbard at 37, love Noteboom at 105, and am not a Deon Cain fan at all), but I frankly couldn't disagree with this draft for the Bears.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
BR0D1E86
MVP

I don't get the love for Jackson. He's inaccurate, and he's a running quarterback with a scary thin lower half. I think he's a two year project, minimum. Not a bad pick if you're willing to wait and develop him for the long haul, but I think he's scary unprepared to contribute.
SC Bear
Journeyman

Lots of good things need to happen for us for these players to be available. Time for you to move up to Bar Stool!
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Since you aren't doing trades, it's impossible to overcome the fact that teams are going to move up for sure to take at least one more QB in the top 4. Having only 2 out of the first 4 just isn't going to happen. It may end up being 4 out of 4.

Putting Mayfield first is pretty gutsy, since he's seemingly the consensus #4. Although like you, I love that kid. He's got moxie.

While I'm as much a Tremaine Edmunds guy at 8 as anyone else, Nelson is about as rock solid a can't miss proposition as you can hope to get there. I can see someone saying I'd rather have a, b or c for various reasons. But if you're Ryan Pace and need to make a solid hit with this pick, there's no arguing with QN there.

Interesting that you've been posting that you didn't think he'll last that far and now have him making it there in your mock. I guess you've changed your mind on that? (Observing, not editorializing.)
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

BR0D1E86 wrote:I don't get the love for Jackson. He's inaccurate, and he's a running quarterback with a scary thin lower half. I think he's a two year project, minimum. Not a bad pick if you're willing to wait and develop him for the long haul, but I think he's scary unprepared to contribute.
He's inconsistent, not inaccurate.
http://www.profootballfocus.com/news/dr ... ar-jackson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But now we've both derailed the thread. :toast:
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I have been all in on Nelson from the start. If he is there at #8, you have to take him. He solidifies the line for the next 6-8 years.
Adipost
MVP

Wow, 6 QB’s in the 1st round.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:Wow, 6 QB’s in the 1st round.
It might get a little crazy on draft day if a team thinks it's going to lose its QB. There are a lot of teams that need a new QB, and this class has some decent ones. The Bears MIGHT have the opportunity to trade down. But after watching Pace the last few years, that's not really his MO.