5 Round Mock Draft

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

cblaz11
MVP

G08 wrote:
cblaz11 wrote:I think Landry is an every down player..they all need to get stronger, but I don't see a reason why he wouldn't.
I don't think he is yet, gets stuck on blocks way too much for my liking. As much as people bag on Edmunds for mis-reading plays and giving up TDs, Landry does the same when he gets engulfed by an offensive lineman. He would be a liability at first.

That bend is elite, though.

It is..Imagine him and Floyd coming off the edge on 3rd and 10.
EricTighe
MVP

cblaz11 wrote:
G08 wrote:
cblaz11 wrote:I think Landry is an every down player..they all need to get stronger, but I don't see a reason why he wouldn't.
I don't think he is yet, gets stuck on blocks way too much for my liking. As much as people bag on Edmunds for mis-reading plays and giving up TDs, Landry does the same when he gets engulfed by an offensive lineman. He would be a liability at first.

That bend is elite, though.

It is..Imagine him and Floyd coming off the edge on 3rd and 10.
If we make it to third and ten? Who is going to stop the run on first and second down? We had that issue when VIc took this Defense over and god it was unBEARable to watch. Losing Mitch, McPhee and Houston is going to hurt our run defense.
cblaz11
MVP

We were a top 10 defense last year and we got very little from the 3 of them. Lynch is strong against the run, as is Goldman, Hicks, Trevaithan, Floyd, Kwiatkowski...

The sky isn't falling because we lost Mitch Unrein...if it is, we have much bigger problems. He's a good player, but replaceable. Also, we will still add players..
EricTighe
MVP

10.5 sacks - 3 TFL - 63 tackles

That is a little more then very little.

Never did I mention the sky was falling. Mitch was more liked by Vic then I thought possible. It is kinda of scary that Bullard was brought in to replace him and never could. We shall see.

If you bring up Lynch does that mean your first round pick is only going to play on third downs? If that is the case give me an OLB that has sub 4.4 speed, 20 reps at 225, had 18.5 sacks, 33.5 tackles for loss, 3 int's, 10 pass deflections, 4 fumble recoveries and 170 tackles in the last 2 years. He started out his college career as a DB.

Oh yeah he will be available in round 4.

Not to mention he should be a special teams demon from day 1.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/ ... id=2560035" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My must have player.
wab
Mod

EricTighe wrote:10.5 sacks - 3 TFL - 63 tackles

Never did I mention the sky was falling. Mitch was more liked by Vic then I thought possible. It is kinda of scary that Bullard was brought in to replace him and never could. We shall see.

If you bring up Lynch does that mean your first round pick is only going to play on third downs? If that is the case give me an OLB that has sub 4.4 speed, 20 reps at 225, had 18.5 sacks, 33.5 tackles for loss, 3 int's, 10 pass deflections, 4 fumble recoveries and 170 tackles in the last 2 years. He started out his college career as a DB.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/ ... id=2560035" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My must have player.
You’ve got a legendary boner for Griffin. He’s a great story, but he’s not a great fit for this defense. He’s not big enough to play outside and he’s going to get swallowed up by blockers inside.

He’s also not going to get by on pure speed in the NFL.
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

21: R1P21
DL TAVEN BRYAN
FLORIDA
39: R2P7
G BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE
46: R2P14
WR CHRISTIAN KIRK
TEXAS A&M
77: R3P13
CB ANTHONY AVERETT
ALABAMA
100: R3P36
EDGE LORENZO CARTER
GEORGIA
105: R4P5
EDGE DORANCE ARMSTRONG JR.
KANSAS
115: R4P15
OT SAM JONES
ARIZONA STATE
145: R5P8
LB JACK CICHY
WISCONSIN
181: R6P7
S TREY MARSHALL
FLORIDA STATE
224: R7P6
RB RYAN NALL
OREGON STATE
TEAM DRAFT ASSESMENT
EDGE
LORENZO CARTER
GEORGIA
G
BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE
OT
SAM JONES
ARIZONA STATE
S
TREY MARSHALL
FLORIDA STATE
WR
CHRISTIAN KIRK
TEXAS A&M
CB
ANTHONY AVERETT
ALABAMA
DL
TAVEN BRYAN
FLORIDA

If I could draft I'd try to go this way. Trade down. Nelson was gone but Chubb was there. So I grabbed highest offer. I feel DL is bigger need for higher draft spots and I like the edge guys in 3rd/4th took.
EricTighe
MVP

wab wrote:
EricTighe wrote:10.5 sacks - 3 TFL - 63 tackles

Actually have a bigger boner for Payne. Like I said give this kid two hands and he would be a top 20 pick.

My must have player.
You’ve got a legendary boner for Griffin. He’s a great story, but he’s not a great fit for this defense. He’s not big enough to play outside and he’s going to get swallowed up by blockers inside.

He’s also not going to get by on pure speed in the NFL.
Got a bigger boner for Payne. Like I said give this kid 2 hands and he would be a top 20 pick. Just cuz no one has ever played with one hand doesn't mean it can't be done. For a fourth rounder I would take a damn flier. Not because it is feel good story either.