So which expert/ site do you pay most attn to pre draft

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

Umbali
MVP

I would have to assume that most of us form our opinions of all the different players based on scouts, pundits, or web sites opinions that we seem to value. I know some of us probably break down film and watch things most of us dont see.

That being said, which draft experts do you value most when they rank players by position?

I dont care as much about mocks because noone can predict what a team will do.

But for example when I look at G's i see Will Hernadez from Utep...some have him 2nd best G and some have him 4th.

Whos opinion matters most to you when you start hoping for certain players?
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
Umbali
MVP

btw if anyone says Kiper.....well....you should be banned lmao
Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

I have been following the ProFootball Weekly team of Buschbaum and Nawrocki for 26 years. To my great disappointment Nawrocki isn't doing a draft guide this year.

This year I'm using ProFootball Weekly's Greg Gabriel, The Lindy's Draft report, and Walterfootball.com. I've also ordered the Optimum Scouting guide this year; we'll see how that works out.
EricTighe
MVP

Mr.Irrelevant wrote:I have been following the ProFootball Weekly team of Buschbaum and Nawrocki for 26 years. To my great disappointment Nawrocki isn't doing a draft guide this year.

This year I'm using ProFootball Weekly's Greg Gabriel, The Lindy's Draft report, and Walterfootball.com. I've also ordered the Optimum Scouting guide this year; we'll see how that works out.
The same as well as CBS and NFL.com. Can never get to many opinions. Plus my notes from the season.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

I buy Lindy's, Optimum, Pro Football Weekly, NDT Scouting, Ourlads, and Dane Brugler every year.

I frequently check on the updates from Lance Zierlein (NFL.com), Luke Easterling (draftwire.usatoday.com), and Tony Pauline (draftanalyst.com).

...I may need an intervention.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
makaur
Pro Bowler

I can’t say I look at one site more than another...but I do admit that I’m a bit of a mock draft whore. If I see a mock draft, anywhere, I admit I’m all over it. I like to see where the “experts” think some players will land or what they think some teams need.
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

EricTighe :wink:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
EricTighe
MVP

I'm Honored Ole guy. Ty
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

I think Mike Mayock has been one of the most consistently competent talent evaluators for several years now and can be relied on for quality assessments

Umbali wrote:btw if anyone says Kiper.....well....you should be banned lmao
I am still trying to figure out who Kiper blackmailed to get his spot as an "expert"
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

I like Matt Miller. I follow him on Twitter and he puts in a lot of good work.
Never Die Easy
Umbali
MVP

Boris13c wrote:I think Mike Mayock has been one of the most consistently competent talent evaluators for several years now and can be relied on for quality assessments

Umbali wrote:btw if anyone says Kiper.....well....you should be banned lmao
I am still trying to figure out who Kiper blackmailed to get his spot as an "expert"
I am convinced that Kiper has pictures of someone with a sheep
Middleguard
MVP

Last year I looked at 13 boards to form my own consensus ranking. Before averaging I threw out each player's lowest and highest ranks. The three boards that accounted for most throwaways were:
rotoworld
predictpick
daniel jeremiah
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Middleguard wrote:Last year I looked at 13 boards to form my own consensus ranking. Before averaging I threw out each player's lowest and highest ranks. The three boards that accounted for most throwaways were:
rotoworld
predictpick
daniel jeremiah
I enjoy Rotoworld, with full knowledge that Josh Norris is marching to his own drummer. 8-)
KFFL refugee.

wab
Mod

I used to really love NFL Draft Countdown, but it's kind of slacked over the last few years. Walter Football is pretty good.
Draftek is nice because they have a lot of later round prospects that other site don't.

I don't pay too much attention to their prospect rankings since I kind of do that on my own.

NFL Draft Scout is one of my favorites for overall info.
Middleguard
MVP

Back to grading the 13 boards I consulted last year.
The worst at predicting the order of the first 4 QBs selected was a tie between Daniel Jeremiah (NFL) and Josh Norris (rotoworld). The best was draftanalyst followed closely by mmmc_35.

The worst at ordering the 29 non-QBs taken in the first round was Daniel Jeremiah, followed by predictpick. The best was walterfootball followed by mmmc_35.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I used to really love NFL Draft Countdown, but it's kind of slacked over the last few years. Walter Football is pretty good.
Draftek is nice because they have a lot of later round prospects that other site don't.

I don't pay too much attention to their prospect rankings since I kind of do that on my own.

Draft Countdown has really fallen off the map... I wonder if it coincides with when they dropped the 'NFL' part of their domain :lol:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

UOK
Site Admin

G08 wrote:
wab wrote:I used to really love NFL Draft Countdown, but it's kind of slacked over the last few years. Walter Football is pretty good.

Draft Countdown has really fallen off the map... I wonder if it coincides with when they dropped the 'NFL' part of their domain :lol:
Draft Countdown was a favorite of mine until probably 3 years ago when they simply stopped giving a shit. They wouldn't update anything between December and Draft Day, and based on their website they still don't really update anything.

WalterFootball is solid but their opinions often piss me off. The way they grade trades and stuff is all subjective as shit.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Middleguard wrote:Back to grading the 13 boards I consulted last year.
The worst at predicting the order of the first 4 QBs selected was a tie between Daniel Jeremiah (NFL) and Josh Norris (rotoworld). The best was draftanalyst followed closely by mmmc_35.

The worst at ordering the 29 non-QBs taken in the first round was Daniel Jeremiah, followed by predictpick. The best was walterfootball followed by mmmc_35.
Holy shit. Must have been a fluke, but glad to hear how amazing I am. Laugh. Hopefully this year I can stay close to the top. The huddle report does a top hundred list.

I like NFLDS like everyone. They are the best. Greg Gabriel while an add is always good for that real perspective. Tony Pauline at draft analyst is good. Matt Miller is a hack, but I think creates a good product.

This year I have been looking into PFF. I don't like a lot of their shit. Mainly because context is needed. Player A has 76 percent run stops on 3rd and short. Who fucking cares. However i think their film grade could add a good sense. I am waiting for there guide. My board should be done next week. I have to wait on a few others, reorder my grades, and do data entry.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

mmmc_35 wrote:I like NFLDS like everyone. They are the best. Greg Gabriel while an add is always good for that real perspective. Tony Pauline at draft analyst is good. Matt Miller is a hack, but I think creates a good product.
I don't think Miller is a hack, but I do frequently wonder if he's watching the same players I am. :)
KFFL refugee.

cblaz11
MVP

I like NDT Scouting a lot..they know their stuff.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

thunderspirit wrote:
mmmc_35 wrote:Matt Miller is a hack, but I think creates a good product.
I don't think Miller is a hack, but I do frequently wonder if he's watching the same players I am. :)
Hack maybe to strong. I just think a lot of his content is derived from others. I don't think that about everyone like NFLDS, or Greg Gabriel. I use him in my consensus. Why I do a consensus is similar to Miller. While I try/do watch almost everyone I can, and come to my conclusions I use others as a base.
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

I’m another here who gets the Lindy draft guides. I have become a hoarder with them as I don’t toss out issues from past years. I also listen a lot to NFL channel on sirius radio. I listen to many podcasts, among my favorites is Simms And Lefkoe.
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox