Downes Mock 1.0

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

Mikefive
Hall of Famer

Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
Rusty Trombagent
Hall of Famer

I think what's morphed into the greatest subplot of the draft for me is where Josh Allen goes. I think that the hype he's getting is strongly media fueled, and he's just not going to go as high as most are saying.

I love this recent PFF mock with Josh going to the broncos in the second round:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/d ... mpaign=nfl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I 100% believe Baker Mayfield is going before Josh Allen, and the fact that every team is checking Josh out is just due diligence for his eventual plummet (which wont be an actual plummet since he's not going that high anyway!).
wab
Mod

I think the Giants or the Dolphins are about the best places Allen could hope for. He’s definitely not ready to play.
BR0D1E86
MVP

I only saw Allen play once last year, against Iowa. I was very underwhelmed. The team around him was obviously overmatched too, but if you didn’t tell me he was supposed to be a high draft pick I’d never have know it.
Decatur Staley
Rookie

RustyTrubisky wrote:I think what's morphed into the greatest subplot of the draft for me is where Josh Allen goes. I think that the hype he's getting is strongly media fueled, and he's just not going to go as high as most are saying.

I love this recent PFF mock with Josh going to the broncos in the second round:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/d ... mpaign=nfl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I 100% believe Baker Mayfield is going before Josh Allen, and the fact that every team is checking Josh out is just due diligence for his eventual plummet (which wont be an actual plummet since he's not going that high anyway!).
This is the "Bradley Chubb was caught drunk driving with a dead hooker in the trunk of his car the night before the draft" mock.

If Chubb is on the board and the Bears pass on him... :frustrated:
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

I don't get the Hurst hype. At all. Any game I watch with him playing I end up watching some other player instead. He obviously has great physical traits but his production too often depends on his teammates' disrupting or driving the ball carrier toward him. Can anyone recommend a game against good competition where he looks like a #4 pick?

EDIT: also second the criticism of Allen and love for Chubb.
xyt in the discord chats
wab
Mod

I firmly believe Mayfield should be the 1st pick. But what do I know.