My FINAL 2018 mock draft.

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

BR0D1E86
MVP

Z Bear wrote:I really think Vita Vea is in play at #8 more than we realize. I feel out D would be more benefited by Vea playing next to Goldman and Hicks more than Edmunds/Smith at LB or Landry/Davenpot at Edge.
I could live with that. Moreso if we traded down with Buffalo or Arizona.
wab
Mod

BR0D1E86 wrote:
Z Bear wrote:I really think Vita Vea is in play at #8 more than we realize. I feel out D would be more benefited by Vea playing next to Goldman and Hicks more than Edmunds/Smith at LB or Landry/Davenpot at Edge.
He's a top 12 pick. If the Bears want him they need to just do it at #8.
UOK
Site Admin

wab wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:

BUT DER'S NO VALUE DARE

GOTTA TRADE DOWNTA GET HIM AT 14 OR SOMETIN BECAUZ PACE WILL GET FLEECED AGAIN IF HET TAKES DIS GUY AT 8

I'LL HANGUP AND LISSEN TO YOUR ANSWERS
Mikefive
Hall of Famer

UOK wrote:
wab wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:

BUT DER'S NO VALUE DARE

GOTTA TRADE DOWNTA GET HIM AT 14 OR SOMETIN BECAUZ PACE WILL GET FLEECED AGAIN IF HET TAKES DIS GUY AT 8

Ass. :lol:
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
UOK
Site Admin

Mikefive wrote:
UOK wrote:
wab wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:

BUT DER'S NO VALUE DARE

Ass. :lol:

Haha, not a jab at you! Just saying that there's rarely a perfect solution for these things. It's been proven that if you have conviction on a guy, right or wrong, you kind of have to eat the value. Gambling to get that player later using some thrifty trades is always something I think we all crave, but that rarely works out.
Z Bear
MVP

Need vs BPA.... If you draft for need you tend to over-value a little. Is gambling on a mid-first round talent early in the first round a huge deal? Probably not. Pace has drafted for need in the first round the last two years, he jumped up for Floyd and Trubisky, giving up draft capital to do so for each of them, reaching a little. What is the difference between that and staying put and drafting a guy you like a little early?
UOK
Site Admin

Z Bear wrote:Need vs BPA.... If you draft for need you tend to over-value a little. Is gambling on a mid-first round talent early in the first round a huge deal? Probably not. Pace has drafted for need in the first round the last two years, he jumped up for Floyd and Trubisky, giving up draft capital to do so for each of them, reaching a little. What is the difference between that and staying put and drafting a guy you like a little early?

Pace would tell you he drafted for "conviction," but that's all semantics.

The trading up aspect is essentially insurance to guarantee the guys he doesn't want to slip away. Taking no chances. That obviously means you have to be 100%, and obviously the next couple years of Floyd and Trubisky's improvement will be telling as to if Ryan Pace's gut is worth trusting.

The Patriots interestingly talked recently about how drafting for need is the worst thing you can do.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I don't see two WR in the first four picks. It's a good draft, but I'm guessing that two of the first four are an EDGE, and OL.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

As much as the lack of depth at WR on the Bears roster scares me, I just don't seem them drafting two WRs in this draft, especially with back-to-back picks. I just don't see a scenario where the Bears draft two WRs, two defensive linemen and not a single guy along the offensive line.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton