2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderators: wab, RING4CHI, Pagan

User avatar
wab
Mod
Posts: 19660
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:37 pm

This should kick Cody out to LG.
User avatar
mmmc_35
Head Coach
Posts: 4684
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:25 am

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:39 pm

Yeah, it makes the line better. I still prefer Williams, but Daniels is pretty good and can get to second level.
User avatar
The Marshall Plan
MVP
Posts: 1500
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:47 am

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:41 pm

wab wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:A fking center.
Arguably the best one in the draft.
Is he a better center than Landry is a LB? (I honestly don't know.)
Image
User avatar
mmmc_35
Head Coach
Posts: 4684
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:25 am

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:43 pm

The Marshall Plan wrote:
wab wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:A fking center.
Arguably the best one in the draft.
Is he a better center than Landry is a LB? (I honestly don't know.)
I have to believe Landry and Williams medical flag is bad.
User avatar
UOK
Site Admin
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 20389
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:07 am

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:44 pm

Landry to the Titans via trade.
Image
User avatar
wab
Mod
Posts: 19660
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:44 pm

The Marshall Plan wrote:
wab wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:A fking center.
Arguably the best one in the draft.
Is he a better center than Landry is a LB? (I honestly don't know.)
I don’t know. I guess what’s more valuable, the best guy at one position or the 6th or 7th guy at another?
User avatar
mmmc_35
Head Coach
Posts: 4684
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:25 am

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:46 pm

Well Landry goes. If I where choosing I would have Landry before Daniels.
User avatar
The Marshall Plan
MVP
Posts: 1500
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:47 am

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:46 pm

wab wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:
wab wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:A fking center.
Arguably the best one in the draft.
Is he a better center than Landry is a LB? (I honestly don't know.)
I don’t know. I guess what’s more valuable, the best guy at one position or the 6th or 7th guy at another?
Odds are the best guy at one position. It's an "eat your vegetables" type pick for me. Don't like it, but its good for you.
Image
User avatar
mmmc_35
Head Coach
Posts: 4684
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:25 am

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:55 pm

Nate Burleson's , Axel Foley look is funny.
User avatar
RING4CHI
Mod
Location: Ames, IA
Posts: 5225
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:45 pm

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:23 pm

Hoge says Bears are trading up.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
User avatar
RING4CHI
Mod
Location: Ames, IA
Posts: 5225
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:45 pm

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:23 pm

Per @FieldYates, the Patriots traded pick 51 to the Bears for a 2019 second round pick and pick 105 in this year's draft.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
User avatar
wab
Mod
Posts: 19660
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:28 pm

Dang. That’s a decent deal.
User avatar
mmmc_35
Head Coach
Posts: 4684
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:25 am

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:28 pm

Well cam Meredith would have negated this.
User avatar
UOK
Site Admin
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 20389
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:07 am

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:29 pm

@Zack_Pearson

#Bears attempted to trade up for Alabama WR Calvin Ridley in the first round last night according to @RapSheet
Image
Hiphopopotamos
Head Coach
Posts: 3305
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:56 pm

2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:46 pm

mmmc_35 wrote:Well cam Meredith would have negated this.
Not if he’s on IR.
*^*Team Vita Vea*^*

In my former life I was known as FencikFanatic.

Oh, and if you were wondering - yes I'm real. And I'm fantastic.
User avatar
mmmc_35
Head Coach
Posts: 4684
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:25 am

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:47 pm

Hiphopopotamos wrote:
mmmc_35 wrote:Well cam Meredith would have negated this.
Not if he’s on IR.
Just angry
46Blitz
Assistant Coach
Posts: 545
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:40 pm

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:08 pm

RING4CHI wrote:Per @FieldYates, the Patriots traded pick 51 to the Bears for a 2019 second round pick and pick 105 in this year's draft.
Not a bad deal..... I expect the pick to be 10 picks later (or more) next draft....


For once, we are watching a draft that seems to make sense....
User avatar
mmmc_35
Head Coach
Posts: 4684
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:25 am

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:25 pm

46Blitz wrote:
RING4CHI wrote:Per @FieldYates, the Patriots traded pick 51 to the Bears for a 2019 second round pick and pick 105 in this year's draft.
Not a bad deal..... I expect the pick to be 10 picks later (or more) next draft....


For once, we are watching a draft that seems to make sense....
Realistically it's a solid draft.
46Blitz
Assistant Coach
Posts: 545
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:40 pm

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:55 pm

Fun fact: Smith and Miller both wore #3 ...

Also, the grades I have seen on each pick is either an A or A+..... I know this doesn't mean a whole lot (at least to me) but it is comforting.
Hiphopopotamos
Head Coach
Posts: 3305
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:56 pm

2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:13 pm

With the 4th round pick the Bears need to draft P Michael Dickson.

If you want to see a Punter single-footedly win a game, watch the Texas bowl game against Missouri. And he did that all year. Dickson would be an immediate impact rookie and would fit the mold of the previous three picks.

Don’t @ me.
*^*Team Vita Vea*^*

In my former life I was known as FencikFanatic.

Oh, and if you were wondering - yes I'm real. And I'm fantastic.
User avatar
wab
Mod
Posts: 19660
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:15 pm

I’d prefer pass rusher or DL. I don’t hate megapunt.
User avatar
Adipost
MVP
Posts: 1295
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:54 am

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:36 pm

Okoronkwo and Sweat still left at EDGE.

Image
User avatar
Mikefive
Head Coach
Location: Valparaiso, IN, USA
Posts: 3230
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:55 pm

I think I just want more good players wearing #3.
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
User avatar
Sugashane
Journeyman
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:35 am

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:28 pm

Has anyone been doing a real time draft? I've been doing them online on another forum for 3 years now and so far I have

1- Davenport - EDGE
2a - Landry - EDGE
2b - Daniels - C (asked and no one jumped that anyone between our picks would have taken him. Can sub CB- Oliver if you disagree)
I also would have matched on Meredith so there would be less of a need for WR.



My 2017 draft (I franchised Jeffery for a 2nd time in hopes of an extension or telling him to fuck himself as I was likely awarded a compensatory pick for the 2018 draft when he walked)

1) Mitchell Trubisky - QB
2) Quincy Wilson - CB
4- Switzer - WR/RET (accidentally picked Westbrook, didn't realize he had been drafted so I'm getting the next person who would fill the same roles)
*** Looking at it now I might have gone toward Carl Lawson for the potential duo with Floyd or Roderick Johnson/Connor McDermott as a potential replacement for Massie but I fucked up by not checking to see if he was gone ***
4 - Desmond King - CB/FS
5 - Caleb Brantley - NT


My 2016 Draft
So far I am at:
1 (9) – Myles Jack - SS
2 (56) – Jonathan Bullard – 5T/EDGE/nickel 3T
3 (72) - Kendall Fuller - CB
4 (113) – Andrew Billings - NT
4 (124) - Dak Prescott – QB
4 (127) - Scooby Wright III - ILB
5 (150) - Moritz Boehringer - WR/Flex TE
6 (185) - Jakeen Grant - WR/RET
7 (230) Keith Marshall - HB
Image
User avatar
Adipost
MVP
Posts: 1295
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:54 am

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:00 am

Sugashane wrote:Has anyone been doing a real time draft? I've been doing them online on another forum for 3 years now and so far I have

1- Davenport - EDGE
2a - Landry - EDGE
2b - Daniels - C (asked and no one jumped that anyone between our picks would have taken him. Can sub CB- Oliver if you disagree)
I also would have matched on Meredith so there would be less of a need for WR.



My 2017 draft (I franchised Jeffery for a 2nd time in hopes of an extension or telling him to fuck himself as I was likely awarded a compensatory pick for the 2018 draft when he walked)

1) Mitchell Trubisky - QB
2) Quincy Wilson - CB
4- Switzer - WR/RET (accidentally picked Westbrook, didn't realize he had been drafted so I'm getting the next person who would fill the same roles)
*** Looking at it now I might have gone toward Carl Lawson for the potential duo with Floyd or Roderick Johnson/Connor McDermott as a potential replacement for Massie but I fucked up by not checking to see if he was gone ***
4 - Desmond King - CB/FS
5 - Caleb Brantley - NT


My 2016 Draft
So far I am at:
1 (9) – Myles Jack - SS
2 (56) – Jonathan Bullard – 5T/EDGE/nickel 3T
3 (72) - Kendall Fuller - CB
4 (113) – Andrew Billings - NT
4 (124) - Dak Prescott – QB
4 (127) - Scooby Wright III - ILB
5 (150) - Moritz Boehringer - WR/Flex TE
6 (185) - Jakeen Grant - WR/RET
7 (230) Keith Marshall - HB
Davenport paired with Landry would be scary AF.
User avatar
mmmc_35
Head Coach
Posts: 4684
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:25 am

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:50 am

I do it every year.

2018
Edmunds, Tremaine
Williams, Connor
Washington, James (almost went edge)

2017
3 Mahomes, Patrick QB
45 Chidobe Awuzie CB
67 Jordan Willis Edge
111 Bucky Hodges TE
117 Chad Hansen WR
119 Roderick Johnson OT
147 Desmond King S
197 Jeremiah Ledbetter 5T
221 Christopher Carson RB
UDFA Cole Hikutini TE
UDFA Carroll Phillips Edge

2016
9 *Laremy Tunsil
56 Carl Nassib
72 Jacoby Brissett
113 Kenneth Dixon
124 Deiondre' Hall
127 Connor McGovern
150 Jerell Adams
185 Jalen Mills
230 Eric Striker
UDFA Devon Cajuste
UDFA Paul McRoberts

2015
7 Beasley, Vic
39 McKinney, Benardrick
71 Odighizuwa, Owamagbe
106 Shaw, Josh
142 Hundley, Brett
183 Chickillo, Anthony
UDFA Finney, B.J.
UDFA Zenner, Zach
User avatar
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran
Posts: 921
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:44 pm

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:50 am

Would love Dorance Armstrong at pick 115 tomorrow.
Never Die Easy
User avatar
mmmc_35
Head Coach
Posts: 4684
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:25 am

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:21 am

Armstrong would be my pick too. I assume Sweat will be gone. Duke Ejifor might be another. Hand, Holmes, McIntosh are 5T to look at.
cblaz11
Pro Bowler
Posts: 456
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:02 pm

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:40 am

I'd take the OLB from Oklahoma over Armstrong or Sweat. Sweat is a freak, but he clearly has major medical issues.
User avatar
mmmc_35
Head Coach
Posts: 4684
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:25 am

Re: 2018 NFL Draft // Rolling Thread

Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:02 am

cblaz11 wrote:I'd take the OLB from Oklahoma over Armstrong or Sweat. Sweat is a freak, but he clearly has major medical issues.
We maybe over looking him as a possibility because he is just a tad under the prototype. However realistically it's only a quarter inch in arm length, and less then an inch in height.

Return to “The War Room”