View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:18 pm 
Mod

Overall I’m a big fan of how it played out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:55 pm 
Player of the Month

Me too. I think Pace has done an outstanding job in the main. I confess to being a bit nervous about our lack of pass rush though. But I wonder whether they might try to bring back Houston or Young on a 1 year deal and then address edge rusher properly in FA or the draft next year. I'd certainly ask Young to go fishin' again for us in a heartbeat, 32 yrs old or not.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:27 pm 
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
Fitts was a top 10 reqruit. I’d say he has potential.

If we want to be lazy we can say Kylie Fitts, when compared to Harold Landry:

Taller
Heavier
MUCH stronger
similar 10 yard split
exact same shuttle
exact same cone

Key to this dude is staying healthy, but shit I'll roll the dice on someone like this in round 6 every single time.

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:09 am 
Journeyman

I posted my drafts earlier in the thread, here is what I ended up with.

1. OLB - Marcus Davenort

2a. OLB - Harold Landry

2b. C - James Daniels

4. RT - Will Richardson (needs work but with HH he should be able to compete for RT next year when Massie is gone)

Traded our 5th No. 156 and No. 226 from the Broncos

5. [156] - WR - Equanimeous St Brown (physical mismatch that gets to work on getting bigger/stronger to take full advantage of his physical gifts)

6. QB - Alex McGough (physically very similar to Tru, I have a 4th grade on him. I think he gets to work and if Tru gets hurt in 2019 or beyond we get to keep basically the same offense for him to hold the fort down)

7a. WR Marcell Ateman (another big body WR, I see a guy who is pretty similar to Allen Robinson and can play the X in time.)
7b. [226] - OL - Jordan Mailata (6'8", 345 pounds, and ATHLETIC frame. Dude has almost no bad weight and ran the 40 in something like a 5.09 or something, showed good movement in the mirror drill.I put him in as a blocking TE if we get a big lead to protect Shaheen and Burton (fuck Sims), a goal line FB, PATs, and let HH develop a physical freak for a year or two. This guy has LT traits and ability, and Jonathan Ogden size. Plus throw him in on trying to block PATs and FGs. Just get him on the field when his size is an advantage.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:11 am 
Journeyman

G08 wrote:
wab wrote:
Fitts was a top 10 reqruit. I’d say he has potential.

If we want to be lazy we can say Kylie Fitts, when compared to Harold Landry:

Taller
Heavier
MUCH stronger
similar 10 yard split
exact same shuttle
exact same cone

Key to this dude is staying healthy, but shit I'll roll the dice on someone like this in round 6 every single time.

His numbers are pretty similar to Soloman Thomas actually. Thomas was the superior athlete, but sure as hell doesn't just leave Fitts in the dust.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:21 am 
Head Coach

Love this draft. I didn't think Roquan would be there for us at 6 - he was one of the top 3 non-QB players in this draft and we got him.

I had Anthony Miller in most of my mock draft simulations. He's an excellent pickup and should be an immediate contributor.

Balil Nichols looks like an FCS steal. Everything I've found from his East/West performance says that he didn't look out of place at all despite the step up in competition. Huge kid with elite measureables.

Wasn't a fan of the Fitts pick just because of the injury history - but if they can figure out a way to keep him healthy... He could be a player.

In my former life I was known as FencikFanatic.

Oh, and if you were wondering - yes I'm real. And I'm fantastic.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:09 am 
Mod

IMO the Bears got three 1st round players with their first three picks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:01 am 
Head Coach

britbear wrote:
Me too. I think Pace has done an outstanding job in the main. I confess to being a bit nervous about our lack of pass rush though. But I wonder whether they might try to bring back Houston or Young on a 1 year deal and then address edge rusher properly in FA or the draft next year. I'd certainly ask Young to go fishin' again for us in a heartbeat, 32 yrs old or not.

Still want for McPhee to have restructured but I'll be disappointed if we don't get Houston back now.

Really happy with the draft in general though, only one head scratcher and I love the potential upside from Fitts and Wims in the 6th and 7th, why not swing for the fences.

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:27 pm 
Head Coach

wab wrote:

Then your high. Miller was a third rounder. You could make the case second, but this draft didn't have first round talent at WR like that.

Daniels was a second round talent and could be very good. He has a pretty big hole in his game with strength. As Grasu about that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:40 pm 
MVP

mmmc_35 wrote:
wab wrote:

Then your high. Miller was a third rounder. You could make the case second, but this draft didn't have first round talent at WR like that.

Daniels was a second round talent and could be very good. He has a pretty big hole in his game with strength. As Grasu about that.

Miller was pretty commonly considered a second rounder in mocks and player projections.

Daniels is stronger than Whitehair coming out of college. You’re hammering on that for no apparent reason.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next