This years QB draft class....

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

46Blitz
Assistant Coach

Is it me, or does anyone else think this class is overrated? Just thinking about last year when it "wasn't " a good class coming out. Personally I think it will end up being a good group of QBs(last year)..... I just have a gut feeling this class will disappoint. Yet teams are tripping all over them. Well......idk
cblaz11
MVP

When it's all said and done, I think Rosen will be the best.

I hear ya, but everyone said the same thing about last years QBs.
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

Come on! Somebody trade for Rosen! Bears on clock!
docc
Head Coach

As a AZ Wildcat guy..(Illini Alum..but we don't play football ugh)..
Ive seem a lot of Rosen. Not a top tier but maybe in this QB poor draft.. Saw all his games
AZ Wildcats with 7 freshman on D..
beat UCLA 47-30
Rosen 20/34 with 3 ints..
Not impressive when under pressure..makes poor decisions..

We'll see..
What the fuck do I know ?
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

I think this class is HIGHLY overrated. Darnold has the best potential, and he really slipped in 2017 compared to his 2016 season.

I really think, once again, that the Browns got this wrong. Baker Mayfield is going to run into a real issue when he gets humbled a few times. His ego is going to hit a wall, and throw him sideways. He's not Manziel bust level, but he is not going to be the savior in the Mistake by the Lake.
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:I think this class is HIGHLY overrated. Darnold has the best potential, and he really slipped in 2017 compared to his 2016 season.

I really think, once again, that the Browns got this wrong. Baker Mayfield is going to run into a real issue when he gets humbled a few times. His ego is going to hit a wall, and throw him sideways. He's not Manziel bust level, but he is not going to be the savior in the Mistake by the Lake.
Headlines I have seen so far, says.... "Browns blew it again!" Lol
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

46Blitz wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:I think this class is HIGHLY overrated. Darnold has the best potential, and he really slipped in 2017 compared to his 2016 season.

Headlines I have seen so far, says.... "Browns blew it again!" Lol
They always do, and this doesn't look any different.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Sugashane
Player of the Month

46Blitz wrote:Is it me, or does anyone else think this class is overrated? Just thinking about last year when it "wasn't " a good class coming out. Personally I think it will end up being a good group of QBs(last year)..... I just have a gut feeling this class will disappoint. Yet teams are tripping all over them. Well......idk
I got into some big arguments about the class being overrated before last year's draft.

I said and maintain I'd take Tru, Watson, and Mahomes all before any of the QBs in this class.
46Blitz
Assistant Coach

Sugashane wrote:
46Blitz wrote:Is it me, or does anyone else think this class is overrated? Just thinking about last year when it "wasn't " a good class coming out. Personally I think it will end up being a good group of QBs(last year)..... I just have a gut feeling this class will disappoint. Yet teams are tripping all over them. Well......idk
I got into some big arguments about the class being overrated before last year's draft.

I said and maintain I'd take Tru, Watson, and Mahomes all before any of the QBs in this class.
We could be wrong but agree.... strongly.
VA_Mountain_Bear
Crafty Veteran

This year's QB class is stupidly over-rated. I'd take Trubisky or Watson over any of the top 5 QBs
BR0D1E86
MVP

46Blitz wrote:
Sugashane wrote:

We could be wrong but agree.... strongly.
Thirded. Or whatever the term is for that. I feel like the hype for this class is based on a couple years ago and their play not living up to the hype hasn’t changed the narrative he way it should have.