View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:09 am 
Rookie

Mikefive wrote:
I find the trade interesting... If we suck and it's a top 10 #2, that's a bad deal because we'll obviously NEED that top 40 pick to get better. If we're a playoff team, good deal for us and we'll be able to live without it. It's like Ryan Pace is betting on ourselves here. And Anthony Miller MUST be a part of it.

Pace once again proves that right or wrong, he doesn't lack for cajones.

Part of it is the gamble that we won't be a top 10 pick. But there's also the Trubisky factor. He has to be good as soon as possible to keep the confidence growing in the organisation and more than that his own confidence. They've already invested so much in Mitch but another 4th rounder to make sure he has everything he needs, sure why not?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:25 pm 
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
46Blitz wrote:
wab wrote:
46Blitz wrote:
Z Bear wrote:
Dam, cancelling my Bennie Fowler jersey order.

Well, at least wait till after training camp.... White might fracture his leg stretching in warmups....

How come?

Oh, I guess he’s been hurt. I didn’t realize that. Thanks for bringing it up.

Eye roll..... don't be a douche, your better than that.

Don’t make lazy posts. Your better than that.

Clearly neither of you are better than that.

#you're

When the defense allowed 20 pts or fewer the Cutler-led Bears were 36-7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:09 pm 
Head Coach

Yup, longterm i love the move. Taylor Gabriel is a 4 year deal, but we can get out with minimal cap hit after two.
AR12 is a 3 year deal but the same, we can cut him after two with minimal cap hit. There's a very real chance that this is White's last year with the Bear's.

Having a young ascending talent in the pipeline means we have way more options down the line, and dont have a gun to our head to draft WR high or sign a pricey free agent.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:28 pm 
MVP

RustyTrubisky wrote:
Yup, longterm i love the move. Taylor Gabriel is a 4 year deal, but we can get out with minimal cap hit after two.
AR12 is a 3 year deal but the same, we can cut him after two with minimal cap hit. There's a very real chance that this is White's last year with the Bear's.

Having a young ascending talent in the pipeline means we have way more options down the line, and dont have a gun to our head to draft WR high or sign a pricey free agent.

Or not get in a situation where 2 people get injured and all of a sudden you have 3 UDFA WR's starting.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:30 pm 
Head Coach

Millers pre-draft letter to NFL GMs. Gotta love it. :thumbsup:

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:09 am 
MVP

cblaz11 wrote:
Miller reminds me so much of Jarvis Landry..with better deep play ability.

I watched the UCF, UCLA, and Iowa state games. It’s scary how similar he looks to Landry. The quick cuts out of his routes, the huge hands, the catch radius and body positioning to catch inaccurate passes, the sideline screen passes turned fearlessly into the middle of the field, the always falling forward for extra yards as he’s being tackled, the massive chip on his shoulder, the fire he shows on the field that wears down the defense.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:45 am 
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
This pick admittedly makes me dislike the Gabriel signing a bit.

They're different dudes... as of right now it looks like Robinson is our X, Gabriel our Z/Ze, and Miller our slot/Ze.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:08 am 
Mod

G08 wrote:
wab wrote:
This pick admittedly makes me dislike the Gabriel signing a bit.

They're different dudes... as of right now it looks like Robinson is our X, Gabriel our Z/Ze, and Miller our slot/Ze.

In fairness, I've disliked the Gabriel signing since it happened because he doesn't do anything Cohen can't. Drafting Miller just sealed it for me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:14 am 
Head Coach

The only thing I didn't like about the Gabriel signing was the cost. $7M/year is excessive for any uncertain starter. But otherwise, I sure don't see anything wrong with having 2 guys who can outrun the defense. I know there's only one football, but that sure gives opposing safeties a lot to think about and will create a lot of space underneath. That's a very good thing.

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:20 am 
Hall of Famer

I think Nagy wanted to find his "Tyreek Hill" player for this offense and he saw it in Gabriel.

When you have this bad of an offense and whiffs on players like Kevin White, you're going to pay for it on the back-end in FA. I don't love what we paid him but it is what it is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next