View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:46 am 
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:
cblaz11 wrote:
Miller reminds me so much of Jarvis Landry..with better deep play ability.

I watched the UCF, UCLA, and Iowa state games. It’s scary how similar he looks to Landry. The quick cuts out of his routes, the huge hands, the catch radius and body positioning to catch inaccurate passes, the sideline screen passes turned fearlessly into the middle of the field, the always falling forward for extra yards as he’s being tackled, the massive chip on his shoulder, the fire he shows on the field that wears down the defense.

I'm starting to dig into each of these prospects today and I'm going to say that these drops are starting to piss me off.

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:28 am 
Head Coach

G08 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
cblaz11 wrote:

I watched the UCF, UCLA, and Iowa state games. It’s scary how similar he looks to Landry. The quick cuts out of his routes, the huge hands, the catch radius and body positioning to catch inaccurate passes, the sideline screen passes turned fearlessly into the middle of the field, the always falling forward for extra yards as he’s being tackled, the massive chip on his shoulder, the fire he shows on the field that wears down the defense.

I'm starting to dig into each of these prospects today and I'm going to say that these drops are starting to piss me off.

And they're all on routine catches. Definitely has some focus issues they'll need to work on. Not sure how you coach that out of a guy - but he has way too good of hands to make those kinds of drops.

Despite the drops - I think this kid is going to kill it in thei KC/Philly/Oregon offense. His run-after-catch is fun to watch.

In my former life I was known as FencikFanatic.

Oh, and if you were wondering - yes I'm real. And I'm fantastic.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:58 am 
Hall of Famer

Hiphopopotamos wrote:
G08 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
cblaz11 wrote:

And they're all on routine catches. Definitely has some focus issues they'll need to work on. Not sure how you coach that out of a guy - but he has way too good of hands to make those kinds of drops.

Despite the drops - I think this kid is going to kill it in thei KC/Philly/Oregon offense. His run-after-catch is fun to watch.

For sure, he's got this ability which I haven't seen too much of where once he catches the ball he has this instantaneous burst to get him up the field, it's a blast to watch.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:28 pm 
Hall of Famer

phpBB [video]

This is how you run a fucking slant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:56 pm 
MVP

G08 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
cblaz11 wrote:

Apparently 21 drops in the past 2 seasons.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:46 pm 
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:
G08 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
cblaz11 wrote:

I'm curious about his number of targets

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:02 pm 
Head Coach

Adipost wrote:
G08 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
cblaz11 wrote:

On 191 catches.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:23 pm 
MVP

Hiphopopotamos wrote:
Adipost wrote:
G08 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
cblaz11 wrote:

On 191 catches.

So a 10% drop rate. I’m not sure how bad that is or if it’s even bad. :wheelchair:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:29 pm 
Head Coach

Adipost wrote:
Hiphopopotamos wrote:
Adipost wrote:
G08 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
cblaz11 wrote:

On 191 catches.

So a 10% drop rate. I’m not sure how bad that is or if it’s even bad. :wheelchair:

Peshek over at Rotoworld did an evaluation a few years back and found that 6-7% is the average drop% for college WRs.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:34 pm 
Head Coach

PFF has him at 95 out of 134 in drop rate. (my quick counting maybe off a few numbers). Bottom quarter of those drafted. It's not a hands problem, from what I have seen it's concentration.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next