View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Search for:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:36 pm 
MVP

mmmc_35 wrote:
PFF has him at 95 out of 134 in drop rate. (my quick counting maybe off a few numbers). Bottom quarter of those drafted. It's not a hands problem, from what I have seen it's concentration.

The worry with me comes in the fact that Allen Robinson had the same concentration drop problem in 2016.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:01 pm 
Hall of Famer

An analyst opined that it was because Miller often times was too worried about YAC before he even secured the catch. Still... maddening to see.

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:27 pm 
Head Coach

Until he starts dropping them with the bears, he will get the benefit of the doubt with me.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:59 pm 
Head Coach

Adipost wrote:
Hiphopopotamos wrote:
Adipost wrote:
G08 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
cblaz11 wrote:
Miller reminds me so much of Jarvis Landry..with better deep play ability.

I watched the UCF, UCLA, and Iowa state games. It’s scary how similar he looks to Landry. The quick cuts out of his routes, the huge hands, the catch radius and body positioning to catch inaccurate passes, the sideline screen passes turned fearlessly into the middle of the field, the always falling forward for extra yards as he’s being tackled, the massive chip on his shoulder, the fire he shows on the field that wears down the defense.

I'm starting to dig into each of these prospects today and I'm going to say that these drops are starting to piss me off.

Apparently 21 drops in the past 2 seasons.

On 191 catches.

So a 10% drop rate. I’m not sure how bad that is or if it’s even bad. :wheelchair:

Nope, we need to know the targets or better catchable balls. If his catch % is 60% then he had 318 targets and a drop % (to raw targets) of 6.6%. Still higher than you'd like but not as bad.

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:27 pm 
MVP

malk wrote:
Adipost wrote:
Hiphopopotamos wrote:
Adipost wrote:
G08 wrote:
Adipost wrote:

I watched the UCF, UCLA, and Iowa state games. It’s scary how similar he looks to Landry. The quick cuts out of his routes, the huge hands, the catch radius and body positioning to catch inaccurate passes, the sideline screen passes turned fearlessly into the middle of the field, the always falling forward for extra yards as he’s being tackled, the massive chip on his shoulder, the fire he shows on the field that wears down the defense.

I'm starting to dig into each of these prospects today and I'm going to say that these drops are starting to piss me off.

On 191 catches.

So a 10% drop rate. I’m not sure how bad that is or if it’s even bad. :wheelchair:

Nope, we need to know the targets or better catchable balls. If his catch % is 60% then he had 318 targets and a drop % (to raw targets) of 6.6%. Still higher than you'd like but not as bad.

191 catches + 21 drops = 212 catchable passes

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:36 pm 
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:
malk wrote:
Adipost wrote:
Hiphopopotamos wrote:
Adipost wrote:
G08 wrote:

On 191 catches.

You'll have to cite where you found these 21 drops brofessor

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:47 pm 
Journeyman

G08 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
malk wrote:
Adipost wrote:
Hiphopopotamos wrote:
Adipost wrote:

On 191 catches.

I found it here - likely a PFF total.

https://catcrave.com/2018/04/09/carolin ... ny-miller/
https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/4/19/17 ... s-seahawks

I'm not a brofessor, but I am Dr Sexy, M.D.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:02 am 
MVP

Anthony Miller

VS

Jarvis Landry

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:31 am 
Head Coach

G08 wrote:
Adipost wrote:
malk wrote:
Adipost wrote:
Hiphopopotamos wrote:
Adipost wrote:

On 191 catches.

Fair, though if I wanted to quibble, and I always do, we haven't specified whether it is drop rate per target or catchable pass. The latter would make more sense but drops/catchable passes is incredibly subjective. I'd bet that quite a few receptions come off non "catchable" passes too!

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:42 am 
Head Coach

Adipost wrote:

Jarvis Landry ran a 4.77 at the combine. Miller, with a foot injury, ran a 4.5 (4.46-4.52) at his pro day.

I mean, I hope Anthony Miller can become as productive as Landry - and while physically they do seem like clones - Miller does have that one additional element (speed) that Landry lacks.

In my former life I was known as FencikFanatic.

Oh, and if you were wondering - yes I'm real. And I'm fantastic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next