R2, P51: Anthony Miller, WR - Memphis

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderators: wab, RING4CHI, Pagan

User avatar
Sugashane
Journeyman
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:35 am

Re: R2, P51: Anthony Miller, WR - Memphis

Wed May 02, 2018 8:48 am

Adipost wrote:Anthony Miller

VS

Jarvis Landry

Image
I'll take Miller. Even if they would be identical, Landry is averaging like $15 mil, I'll take the rookie with a low cap hit for the empty stats please.
Image
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 14715
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: R2, P51: Anthony Miller, WR - Memphis

Wed May 02, 2018 10:47 am

I'm seeing Landry and OBJ comps being thrown around on these here interwebs... I think the brakes should be pumped, albeit slightly.
Image

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy
User avatar
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer
Location: Berwyn, IL
Posts: 7497
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:06 am

Re: R2, P51: Anthony Miller, WR - Memphis

Fri May 04, 2018 9:18 am

I am watching more and more video of this kid, and I can't figure out why in the HOLY HELL he wasn't taken in the first round, or at the very least early second. He is a fantastic route runner, with amazing hands and body control. WOW!
User avatar
Mikefive
Head Coach
Location: Valparaiso, IN, USA
Posts: 3060
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: R2, P51: Anthony Miller, WR - Memphis

Fri May 04, 2018 9:40 am

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:I am watching more and more video of this kid, and I can't figure out why in the HOLY HELL he wasn't taken in the first round, or at the very least early second. He is a fantastic route runner, with amazing hands and body control. WOW!
He's the Baker Mayfield of this WR class. Sure, he's productive and dominating and all. But he's only 5'11"!
Mikefive's theory: The only time you KNOW that a sports team player, coach or management member is being 100% honest is when they're NOT reciting "the company line".

Go back to leather helmets, NFL.
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 14715
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: R2, P51: Anthony Miller, WR - Memphis

Fri May 04, 2018 9:42 am

Hot damn did you guys read this? This kid quickly might become my favorite Bear (behind the QB, because G08).
Image

"I don't care about numbers, I care about letters" -- Matt Nagy
User avatar
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer
Location: Berwyn, IL
Posts: 7497
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:06 am

Re: R2, P51: Anthony Miller, WR - Memphis

Fri May 04, 2018 7:33 pm

Mikefive wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:I am watching more and more video of this kid, and I can't figure out why in the HOLY HELL he wasn't taken in the first round, or at the very least early second. He is a fantastic route runner, with amazing hands and body control. WOW!
He's the Baker Mayfield of this WR class. Sure, he's productive and dominating and all. But he's only 5'11"!
So are Antonio Brown and Jarvis Landry. They seem to do alright.
User avatar
malk
Head Coach
Posts: 2375
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:10 am

Re: R2, P51: Anthony Miller, WR - Memphis

Mon May 07, 2018 4:29 pm

G08 wrote:Hot damn did you guys read this? This kid quickly might become my favorite Bear (behind the QB, because G08).
Full speed. Everything is full speed.
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.
BR0D1E86
MVP
Posts: 1252
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:50 am

R2, P51: Anthony Miller, WR - Memphis

Sun May 27, 2018 10:14 pm

Some numbers on the % of targets caught for some of the top receivers (sorry for the source)...

https://sportsmockery.com/2018/05/antho ... lete-myth/
User avatar
The Marshall Plan
MVP
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:47 am

Re: R2, P51: Anthony Miller, WR - Memphis

Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:16 am

Image
EricTighe
Pro Bowler
Posts: 487
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: R2, P51: Anthony Miller, WR - Memphis

Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:10 pm

A flippin BEAST. Enough said.

Screw the slot let this kid start already. Let Taylor Gabriel play the slot.

Bye the way is it just me or did the Bears kill this draft with Nagy here? Pace has always said he takes the head coaches suggestions very serious. I know supposedly Fox knew nothing of the Trubisky love.
User avatar
alexwilkins
Assistant Coach
Location: North Pole, AK
Posts: 505
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:00 am

Re: R2, P51: Anthony Miller, WR - Memphis

Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:37 pm

Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:
Mikefive wrote:
Bears Whiskey Nut wrote:I am watching more and more video of this kid, and I can't figure out why in the HOLY HELL he wasn't taken in the first round, or at the very least early second. He is a fantastic route runner, with amazing hands and body control. WOW!
He's the Baker Mayfield of this WR class. Sure, he's productive and dominating and all. But he's only 5'11"!
So are Antonio Brown and Jarvis Landry. They seem to do alright.
Isaac Bruce 6ft tall. Tim Brown 6ft. tall. Marvin and Reggie 6ft. tall. Steve Smith Sr. 5'9". All top-10 in receiving. It ain't about the size of the dog in the fight, my man.
User avatar
The Marshall Plan
MVP
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:47 am

Re: R2, P51: Anthony Miller, WR - Memphis

Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:27 am

In my opinion, WR height is more a safety blanket for the QB to play jump ball. I'd rather have a guy who has great hands, can get seperation and can jump good enough for contested balls.
Image
User avatar
crueltyabc
Head Coach
Location: New Orleans LA
Posts: 3280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: R2, P51: Anthony Miller, WR - Memphis

Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:24 pm

I saw a bunch of drops in Miller's tape so I had him as the #6 WR in the draft. He was the sixth receiver drafted so I feel pretty smug :evilgrin: He's otherwise shown what I liked about him - agility, long speed, scrappiness blocking. He's a great mid-round pick so far
EricTighe
Pro Bowler
Posts: 487
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: R2, P51: Anthony Miller, WR - Memphis

Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:48 am

He was taken in the second round. That is an early pick not mid rounder.

By the end of the year I can see him being our Number 1 receiver. Pace hit gold on this one.
46Blitz
Assistant Coach
Posts: 545
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:40 pm

Re: R2, P51: Anthony Miller, WR - Memphis

Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:03 am

EricTighe wrote:He was taken in the second round. That is an early pick not mid rounder.

By the end of the year I can see him being our Number 1 receiver. Pace hit gold on this one.
Really like his game. Looking forward to seeing what he can do this year. Pretty sure the ball is going to be spread around quite a bit. But I could really seeing Miller lead the team in receptions, catching 80 balls.
User avatar
The Marshall Plan
MVP
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:47 am

Re: R2, P51: Anthony Miller, WR - Memphis

Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:17 am

Very informative article about my guy AM1700. All The Hits All The Time.

http://sportsmockery.com/2019/07/anthon ... rs-in-nfl/

Note the middle part of the article in bold. He did that while injured a lot last year too.

There is no stopping him.
Image

Return to “The War Room”