Mid/Late round RB Prospects

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Bryce Love would be a steal. Love that kid's speed and athleticism.
Never Die Easy
G08
Hall of Famer

Love is very intriguing but he needs to have pristine medicals and even still I don't think I'd feel comfortable burning a 3rd or even a 4th on him. In the 5th or later he's solid value (assuming he returns to pre-injury form).
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Right now, my guys at RB are:

1. Bryce Love, Stanford - I'd take him in R3 if his medicals clear out and he's available - just so no one else can get him. If he was healthy he'd be a borderline R1 back - definitely R2. Can catch the ball and is electric when he's in open space, don't know many that can catch him. Our R3 pick this year is 87th which is at the end of the R3 - basically a 4th rounder anyways. Pace has shown if he really believes in a guy, he'll take him. Don't know if it will happen but if it were me, I'd take him.

2. Darrell Henderson, Memphis - Really like this kid's explosiveness and knack for hitting a homerun. He's got sneaky elusiveness and has really good football speed. Underrated hands, didn't get a lot of passes thrown his way at Memphis but when he did, made the most of them.

3. Devin Singletary, FAU - Great vision, balance and above-average speed. Can catch the ball really well and and really seems like he could be a great fit with Nagy.

These are backs that I like but I don't think are great fits for what Nagy wants (basically, they're similar players to Howard IMO):

1. David Montgomery, Iowa State - He's got more cutting ability and has more wiggle to his game than Howard but he lacks top end speed. I wouldn't be surprised to see him run a 4.6. Nagy wants guys that can get bigger chunks of yards on less carries and not be a grind it out type IMO.

2. Benny Snell Jr., Kentucky - Same as Montgomery in the sense that he doesn't have the top end speed - he's a big back 225 or so - again, he's not the most agile of backs, relies more on power and one cut ability. I will say he looks a little faster than Montgomery but doesn't have the feet, vision and elusiveness that Montgomery does.
Never Die Easy
G08
Hall of Famer

I like those names and would throw in Elijah Holyfield and Miles Sanders as well (curious to see how these two perform at the combine/their Pro Days).
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"