Biggs 10 RB Prospects

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderators: wab, RING4CHI, Pagan

User avatar
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran
Posts: 925
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:44 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:59 pm

Knuckles wrote:
DaSuperfan wrote:Both Nagy and Pace were asked about RB's today at the combine and both mentioned vision as the primary trait they look for. Looking at the type of RB's that have the chance to be available at the end of R3 that have great vision to me are:

Devin Singletary - I think he has some of the best vision in the entire class
David Montgomery - I'm not a huge fan of his because the lack of top end speed, but his vision is outstanding
Miles Sanders - I think he's got underrated vision and cutting ability
Darrell Henderson - Probably not as good of vision as the others, but very solid and is surprisingly elusive


Sanders reminds me of Barry Sanders (the cuts and balance)... My fav running back so far in this draft. I love the way he runs and makes defenders look stupid. He's so fun to watch. He might have messed up though in his combine interview. He was asked what teams he spoke to and he brought up the Bears and sort of stumbled over the next sentence saying ‘‘They told me, maybe if I’m available, they might take a ... they’re going to take a ... they might take a running back,’’ he said. ‘‘Because I don’t know the situation with Jordan Howard.’’ He might have given too much away and if there's another team interested they will certainly leapfrog us now.

For a second option what if they kept Howard this year and picked up Love (assuming he drops because of the injury)? That would give him a year to get back into the swing of things after the ACL. His timeframe for returning looks to be somewhat similar to Robinsons last year (from what I gather). But, if they keep Howard then they can bring him along slowly. Love is the other RB I like he's so fast if he returns to form he would be an excellent back for us as well and might drop (he was considered a 1st or 2nd round pick before injury).

If the Bears get either of those two I'd be happy. The other RBs I've watched film on just don't do it for me. Either they have great vision but are slow - or - fast but have a thin build or run too upright for my liking or are just not exciting to watch. There's a ton of average RBs that would work but the two I mentioned are IMHO the most fun to watch and shifty/speedy in their own ways. Sanders though man, he carried an entire D for 10 yards on top of being shifty and able to take it to the house any play. That's the type of back that screams Chicago.
Henderson and Sanders are my two top choices for Nagy's offense. Like them both a lot.
Never Die Easy
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 15100
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:19 pm

David Montgomery (Iowa State) ran in the 4.6's at the combine... may knock him down to round 3.

My guy Miles Sanders ran a 4.5... don't know if he'll still be around when we pick

#kneejerkreactions
Image

First 38 starts in NFL (updated weekly):

Drew Brees: 61.17% | 7850 yards | 49 TDs | 34 INTs | 6.57 YPA | 82.2 rating

Mitch Trubisky: 63.8% | 7856 yards | 47 TDs | 27 INTs | 6.8 YPA | 87.4 rating
User avatar
wab
Mod
Posts: 19835
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:31 pm

DaSuperfan wrote:
mmmc_35 wrote:
DaSuperfan wrote:Both Nagy and Pace were asked about RB's today at the combine and both mentioned vision as the primary trait they look for. Looking at the type of RB's that have the chance to be available at the end of R3 that have great vision to me are:
Well Jordan Howard has excellent vision. Laugh.
Laugh all you want. I'm just telling you what I heard. Howard has good vision but he's simply not a dual threat in the passing game. Nagy and Pace won't publicly admit that, but I have a gut feeling the type of RB Nagy wants is a guy that has good vision and good speed that can get big chunks of yards in a hurry - but not just on the ground, through the air as well. Howard hasn't shown that he can be a matchup mismatch in the passing game.
He actually said speed and vision and that one isn't really good without the other.
User avatar
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran
Posts: 925
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:44 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:07 pm

wab wrote:
DaSuperfan wrote:
mmmc_35 wrote:
DaSuperfan wrote:Both Nagy and Pace were asked about RB's today at the combine and both mentioned vision as the primary trait they look for. Looking at the type of RB's that have the chance to be available at the end of R3 that have great vision to me are:
Well Jordan Howard has excellent vision. Laugh.
Laugh all you want. I'm just telling you what I heard. Howard has good vision but he's simply not a dual threat in the passing game. Nagy and Pace won't publicly admit that, but I have a gut feeling the type of RB Nagy wants is a guy that has good vision and good speed that can get big chunks of yards in a hurry - but not just on the ground, through the air as well. Howard hasn't shown that he can be a matchup mismatch in the passing game.
He actually said speed and vision and that one isn't really good without the other.
Well then, that proves my point further. Thanks for the clarification.
Never Die Easy
User avatar
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran
Posts: 925
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:44 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:19 pm

Greg Gabriel said on Twitter he thinks Miles Sanders will be the 1st or 2nd RB off the board. He's had him as his top RB in the class for 3-4 weeks now. Not sure if that'll happen but that'll certainly be disappointing for the Bears.

Henderson looks like he ran himself into a R2 pick with his 40.

Singletary had some pretty slow times for a back of his size. He might be around when the Bears pick. He's definitely more quick than fast though.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Bears tried to sneak up into R2 by offering up one of their two 2020 R2 picks if one of their RB's fall - sort of how they did last year with Anthony Miller. Seems like Pace's MO to go after his guy.
Never Die Easy
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 15100
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:02 pm

DaSuperfan wrote:Greg Gabriel said on Twitter he thinks Miles Sanders will be the 1st or 2nd RB off the board. He's had him as his top RB in the class for 3-4 weeks now. Not sure if that'll happen but that'll certainly be disappointing for the Bears.

Henderson looks like he ran himself into a R2 pick with his 40.

Singletary had some pretty slow times for a back of his size. He might be around when the Bears pick. He's definitely more quick than fast though.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Bears tried to sneak up into R2 by offering up one of their two 2020 R2 picks if one of their RB's fall - sort of how they did last year with Anthony Miller. Seems like Pace's MO to go after his guy.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO leave my guy alone!!!
Image

First 38 starts in NFL (updated weekly):

Drew Brees: 61.17% | 7850 yards | 49 TDs | 34 INTs | 6.57 YPA | 82.2 rating

Mitch Trubisky: 63.8% | 7856 yards | 47 TDs | 27 INTs | 6.8 YPA | 87.4 rating
User avatar
Knuckles
Player of the Month
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 1:49 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:31 am

G08 wrote:David Montgomery (Iowa State) ran in the 4.6's at the combine... may knock him down to round 3.

My guy Miles Sanders ran a 4.5... don't know if he'll still be around when we pick

#kneejerkreactions

I have a feeling that if Pace decides to trade Howard and he feels Sanders is the guy he wants he will go get him. And, I believe they will move into the second this year. (if they resign Amos and Calahan) there are only 2 positions I believe they would move up for RB and pass rusher.

If they can't resign Calahan then Slot would probably be that pick. If Amos is gone I think what I said above still holds true and they find a S in the 4th+ or FA.
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
EricTighe
Assistant Coach
Posts: 518
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:54 pm

Barry Sanders wouldn't run a 4.5 40 backward.
Let us leave that comparison alone now shall we?

Good back but not even close to Barry.
User avatar
Knuckles
Player of the Month
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 1:49 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:53 pm

EricTighe wrote:Barry Sanders wouldn't run a 4.5 40 backward.
Let us leave that comparison alone now shall we?

Good back but not even close to Barry.
Said his run style and balance reminded me of Barry never said he will be like Barry. Chill out...
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
User avatar
Knuckles
Player of the Month
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 1:49 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:12 pm

[quote="EricTighe"]Barry Sanders wouldn't run a 4.5 40 backward.
Let us leave that comparison alone now shall we?

Good back but not even close to Barry.[/quote


Again I'm not saying he will have the successful career that Barry had but when you watch his film you sort of see the same sort of cuts and balance. One play he sidestepped a defender and immediately went into a spin move that made the D look stupid. That's the comparison. That's how Barry was but I will never say Miles will be Barry I have enough respect for Barry to know better...

Just thought I'd add to what I said earlier. My fav two Rbs of all time (that I've seen personally) is Bary and Walter and it's not even close. No one's come close to those two. It was almost on a roman hero type of time for the two of our teams.
”Damn -- Khalil Mack had another strip sack?” Gruden asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the Oakland Raiders assistant coaches in his midst. “Are you ... kidding me?”
User avatar
wab
Mod
Posts: 19835
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:17 am

Knuckles wrote:Just thought I'd add to what I said earlier. My fav two Rbs of all time (that I've seen personally) is Bary and Walter and it's not even close. No one's come close to those two. It was almost on a roman hero type of time for the two of our teams.
Barry Sanders was the best player I've ever seen play in real life.
User avatar
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran
Posts: 925
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:44 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:26 pm

What are everyone's thoughts on Rodney Anderson? If he were healthy, from a talent standpoint - where does he stack up?
Never Die Easy
User avatar
mmmc_35
Head Coach
Posts: 4726
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:25 am

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:57 pm

DaSuperfan wrote:What are everyone's thoughts on Rodney Anderson? If he were healthy, from a talent standpoint - where does he stack up?
He is fantastic. Great vision, good vision and quick feet. Good inside runner with quickness. Injuries though will be the question. If healthy top 5 in this class.
DoubleDoink
Rookie
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:47 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:59 pm

I want Miles Sanders really bad.
User avatar
thunderspirit
Crafty Veteran
Location: Greater Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 871
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:51 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:47 pm

Devine Ozigbo please.
KFFL refugee.

This space for rent.
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 15100
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:47 pm

thunderspirit wrote:Devine Ozigbo please.
He had a solid Pro Day today and his RAS is bordering elite. Intriguing kid to say the least!
Image

First 38 starts in NFL (updated weekly):

Drew Brees: 61.17% | 7850 yards | 49 TDs | 34 INTs | 6.57 YPA | 82.2 rating

Mitch Trubisky: 63.8% | 7856 yards | 47 TDs | 27 INTs | 6.8 YPA | 87.4 rating
User avatar
thunderspirit
Crafty Veteran
Location: Greater Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 871
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:51 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:00 pm

G08 wrote:
thunderspirit wrote:Devine Ozigbo please.
He had a solid Pro Day today and his RAS is bordering elite. Intriguing kid to say the least!
Yeah, after today's showing he probably doens't make it much past pick 75 or so. Ah well.
KFFL refugee.

This space for rent.
User avatar
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran
Posts: 925
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:44 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:42 pm

Reports were the Bears were meeting with Ozigbo and Singletary - probably doesn't mean a whole lot but it's something.
Never Die Easy
User avatar
Atkins&Rebel
MVP
Posts: 1132
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:56 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:54 am

With Davis, Cohen and Patterson working in a true committee, I doubt we take a RB before day 3 at this point.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 15100
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:57 pm

Some more good stuff here on RBs:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/f ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image

First 38 starts in NFL (updated weekly):

Drew Brees: 61.17% | 7850 yards | 49 TDs | 34 INTs | 6.57 YPA | 82.2 rating

Mitch Trubisky: 63.8% | 7856 yards | 47 TDs | 27 INTs | 6.8 YPA | 87.4 rating
User avatar
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran
Posts: 925
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:44 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:40 pm

G08 wrote:Some more good stuff here on RBs:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/f ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good stuff indeed. Based off of that, it seems like it's Darrell Henderson in a trade up or wait until the later rounds and take your chances on a Rodney Anderson or Bryce Love (even though he wasn't listed). The other RB prospects to me are very similar and don't seem like they would elevate the offense all that much in its current form. Basically none of them outside of Henderson, Sanders, Anderson or Love really excite me all that much.
Never Die Easy
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 15100
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:00 pm

If Anderson has clean medicals with us, I'd take him in the 5th.
Image

First 38 starts in NFL (updated weekly):

Drew Brees: 61.17% | 7850 yards | 49 TDs | 34 INTs | 6.57 YPA | 82.2 rating

Mitch Trubisky: 63.8% | 7856 yards | 47 TDs | 27 INTs | 6.8 YPA | 87.4 rating
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 15100
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:32 pm

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us ... -nfl-draft" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


I'm rooting hard for this kid
Image

First 38 starts in NFL (updated weekly):

Drew Brees: 61.17% | 7850 yards | 49 TDs | 34 INTs | 6.57 YPA | 82.2 rating

Mitch Trubisky: 63.8% | 7856 yards | 47 TDs | 27 INTs | 6.8 YPA | 87.4 rating
User avatar
wab
Mod
Posts: 19835
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:49 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:50 am

G08 wrote:https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us ... -nfl-draft


I'm rooting hard for this kid
Same. I would not hate him in the 3rd.
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 15100
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:41 am

wab wrote:
G08 wrote:https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us ... -nfl-draft


I'm rooting hard for this kid
Same. I would not hate him in the 3rd.
The knee stiffness bothers me but that's what the team has medicals for, flag him or clear him.

He's everything we need in a RB... quick/explosive, can run routes, can pass block, you name it. Has been healthy until he tore his ACL in his last collegiate game ever. Played though a tough, tough high ankle sprain last season and didn't want to come off the field.

Pace says he likes his backs right now? Great... get this kid in the building and PUP him.
Image

First 38 starts in NFL (updated weekly):

Drew Brees: 61.17% | 7850 yards | 49 TDs | 34 INTs | 6.57 YPA | 82.2 rating

Mitch Trubisky: 63.8% | 7856 yards | 47 TDs | 27 INTs | 6.8 YPA | 87.4 rating
User avatar
IotaNet
Crafty Veteran
Location: Minneapolis (Chicago Native)
Posts: 830
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:04 am

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:10 am

Did anyone notice one of the OTHER "Letters to NFL GM's?"

None other than our very own Anthony Miller: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us ... ony-miller" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
Moriarty
MVP
Posts: 1387
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:22 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:29 pm

G08 wrote:https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us ... -nfl-draft


I'm rooting hard for this kid

I loved him as a choice when there was no pressing need until 2020.

Giving Howard away kind of wrecked that plan, though.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 15100
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:32 pm

Moriarty wrote:
G08 wrote:https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us ... -nfl-draft


I'm rooting hard for this kid

I loved him as a choice when there was no pressing need until 2020.

Giving Howard away kind of wrecked that plan, though.
Pace ostensibly replaced Howard (upgraded, in his mind apparently) with Davis. We could dump him for $1M after this season. I think it would be a brilliant move, again, if he's got clean medicals.

Still, I have a hunch we are taking a corner. I'm becoming a fan of David Long; I think Chuck Pagano is going to pound the table for this kid.
Image

First 38 starts in NFL (updated weekly):

Drew Brees: 61.17% | 7850 yards | 49 TDs | 34 INTs | 6.57 YPA | 82.2 rating

Mitch Trubisky: 63.8% | 7856 yards | 47 TDs | 27 INTs | 6.8 YPA | 87.4 rating
User avatar
Moriarty
MVP
Posts: 1387
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:22 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:41 pm

G08 wrote:
Moriarty wrote:
G08 wrote:https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us ... -nfl-draft


I'm rooting hard for this kid

I loved him as a choice when there was no pressing need until 2020.

Giving Howard away kind of wrecked that plan, though.
Pace ostensibly replaced Howard (upgraded, in his mind apparently) with Davis. We could dump him for $1M after this season. I think it would be a brilliant move, again, if he's got clean medicals.
Sure, but who's the #3 (aka real backup, since Cohen is a gadget/gimmick back) with Cunningham gone?
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
User avatar
G08
Hall of Famer
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
Posts: 15100
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Biggs 10 RB Prospects

Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:46 pm

Moriarty wrote:
G08 wrote:
Moriarty wrote:
G08 wrote:https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us ... -nfl-draft


I'm rooting hard for this kid

I loved him as a choice when there was no pressing need until 2020.

Giving Howard away kind of wrecked that plan, though.
Pace ostensibly replaced Howard (upgraded, in his mind apparently) with Davis. We could dump him for $1M after this season. I think it would be a brilliant move, again, if he's got clean medicals.
Sure, but who's the #3 (aka real backup, since Cohen is a gadget/gimmick back) with Cunningham gone?
In 2020? You can keep Davis at $4M or address the position again in the 2020 draft if need be.
Image

First 38 starts in NFL (updated weekly):

Drew Brees: 61.17% | 7850 yards | 49 TDs | 34 INTs | 6.57 YPA | 82.2 rating

Mitch Trubisky: 63.8% | 7856 yards | 47 TDs | 27 INTs | 6.8 YPA | 87.4 rating

Return to “The War Room”