2019 NFL Draft open discussion

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I don't think pace feels that way, I think that way. So does Wab and ring and probably others.

Remember the are 6 & 7 rounders. You're swinging the bat with Randy Johnson on the mound. You are lucky it's you make contact.
G08
Hall of Famer

mmmc_35 wrote:I don't think pace feels that way, I think that way. So does Wab and ring and probably others.

Remember the are 6 & 7 rounders. You're swinging the bat with Randy Johnson on the mound. You are lucky it's you make contact.
Valid. I don't think Denmark is a lock to make the 53, but I feel strongly that Whyte will and I dunno... just the way Pace spoke about Shelley makes it hard for me to think he'll cut him. Maybe he'll try to stash him on the 53 if the kid doesn't show promise.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

wab
Mod

I think Shelley has a chance to make the squad after hearing Pace say he's been watching him for a couple years. I think Denmark gets put on the PS. He's just too raw and limited right now to warrant a spot on an otherwise Super Bowl ready roster.

Whyte is 50/50 to me. It really depends on numbers at WR because Patterson is basically taking up a spot as a WR, RB, and returner all in one.
wab
Mod

Interesting nugget that I didn't realize before the draft. DK Metcalf is the son of former Bears OG/T Terrence Metcalf.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:Interesting nugget that I didn't realize before the draft. DK Metcalf is the son of former Bears OG/T Terrence Metcalf.
Jesus. If that doesn't make us all feel old.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton