Safety Prospect Talk: Amani Hooker

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

IotaNet
MVP

I'm not much of a tape-watcher but I've seen a couple of stories that peg Amani Hooker (Iowa) to us in the third round. apparently, the kid has size, football IQ, and ability to play free safety, strong safety or (aha!) slot corner.

Here's his info:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/amani-hoo ... eda13809f8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BearsWire.com wrote:"Amani Hooker projects favorably as a modern age Strong Safety. While Hooker lacks the initial burst and range to play in single high, he’s strong in Cover-2 and in shallow zones thanks to terrific football IQ, clean footwork for sudden transitions and good ball skills. Effective block shedding from the slot to blow up screens and impact the run. Hooker should be a starter who can be a true asset both vs. the run and pass. Should transition quickly thanks to football IQ."
Thoughts?
“Never let your ego get so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego falls with it.”

- Colin Powell
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Hooker is a notch below what I think the Bears like athletically. It's hard to see tehm going to him on Day 2.

That said: he's one of the handful of guys I really like despite the athletic measurables. I'd be fine with him in Round 4.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked: