R4, P24: WR Riley Ridley, WR - Georgia

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

VA_Mountain_Bear wrote:It was not a position I thought we needed to focus on, so it left me scratching my head. I like what I see on tape, and I love a big guy with wide catch radius that runs good routes. In the end a team is always benefited by a good possession WR like that. When he gets to contribute is murky to me.

Of those of you mentioning the possibility of Wims moving to TE, is he physically capable of handling a move like that in your opinions?
Physically, I think so. He'd ostensibly be the backup to Burton as the "move" TE. He's 6'4 and basically 15lbs away from being a TE in this offense anyway. I don't know if the Bears would move him though. Raymond is a natural TE and probably a better player at the position.
G08
Hall of Famer

FWIW Pace said that he can see the Bears keeping 6 WRs if needed.

My guess?

Locks:
Robinson
Gabriel
Miller
Patterson
Ridley

After that? It's a toss-up between, IMO, Wims and Hall.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

G08 wrote:FWIW Pace said that he can see the Bears keeping 6 WRs if needed.

My guess?

Locks:
Robinson
Gabriel
Miller
Patterson
Ridley

After that? It's a toss-up between, IMO, Wims and Hall.
The knock on Hall is that he's injury prone. I predict he has an "injury" this year that puts him on IR. Then he competes with Gabriel for a spot in 2020. I actually thought he was hurt already and would be PUPed this year. But it seems like he was healthy for the combine so I guess not.
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

I don't think Hall is hurt enough to be IR'd. It'll be an interesting battle for that last WR spot. I think Wims has the inside track because of the 1 year head start in the offense. But if Hall shows his athleticism and talent, maybe Wims could move to a U TE role like some have suggested? I'd hate to lose Wims, I like his game.
Never Die Easy
G08
Hall of Famer

DaSuperfan wrote:I don't think Hall is hurt enough to be IR'd. It'll be an interesting battle for that last WR spot. I think Wims has the inside track because of the 1 year head start in the offense. But if Hall shows his athleticism and talent, maybe Wims could move to a U TE role like some have suggested? I'd hate to lose Wims, I like his game.
It would be a wink wink deal I would think.

Shit, I'd love for him to make our team and immediately be put on IR!

DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

G08 wrote:
DaSuperfan wrote:I don't think Hall is hurt enough to be IR'd. It'll be an interesting battle for that last WR spot. I think Wims has the inside track because of the 1 year head start in the offense. But if Hall shows his athleticism and talent, maybe Wims could move to a U TE role like some have suggested? I'd hate to lose Wims, I like his game.
It would be a wink wink deal I would think.

Shit, I'd love for him to make our team and immediately be put on IR!
Could be but what if Hall is so impressive in camp that Nagy thinks he can contribute immediately? I know it's far-fetched, it'll make cutting someone like Wims pretty tough. We got a long way to go before the season starts, so we'll see.
Never Die Easy
G08
Hall of Famer

There's games to be played... if we want Hall over Wims, we can tell Wims hey we really like you but we don't have a spot for you right now. If you would rather be on our PS or try your luck elsewhere, let us know. Otherwise, get out there and pull a hammy.

Umbali
MVP

I wonder if the thought of moving Wims to TE has even been considered by Nagy or Pace? Is position changing mostly a pipe dream by fans or an actual consideration by the powers that be?
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Umbali wrote:I wonder if the thought of moving Wims to TE has even been considered by Nagy or Pace? Is position changing mostly a pipe dream by fans or an actual consideration by the powers that be?

Us fans don't know what Nagy and Pace think. At the end of the year watching Wims play it was clear he added noticeable size to his frame. He is not small. But he looked a good 10lbs heavier against the Vikings then Preseason. He definitely looked to be close in stature to Burton.

In college herw broke out his senior year. While having great hands he wasn't a corner or really athletic. Lower tier athleticism of a WR. As a TE upper l
UOK
Site Admin

Ridley in uniform.

G08
Hall of Famer

:shock: Jesus Christ...

UOK
Site Admin

Riley notes from camp:

- great route runner
- intelligent, great attention to detail
- GUAGI skills have shone
- working in Anthony Miller's spot in 11-on-11
napo
Rookie

Is Anthony Miller practicing. I thought he was still recovering from shoulder surgery.
UOK
Site Admin

napo wrote:Is Anthony Miller practicing. I thought he was still recovering from shoulder surgery.
Miller's not practicing, so I should update the wording. He's in Miller's spot in practice, I should say.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP