UDFA Signings...

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

G08 wrote:Heard some things on Hall...

Mizzou was 7 and 0 when he played and 1 and 5 when he was limited or out.

His QB called him a safety blanket.

Inside the building at Mizzou there were rumblings that if he was banged up they felt he kind of took his sweet time coming back. I also heard some rumblings he may have an attitude problem but we can table that for right now.
Well, in fairness the kid did lose his dad in the middle of the season if I recall. I think that caused him to kinda fall apart a little. That reportedly led to him maybe not fighting through bumps and bruises and made him pretty standoff-ish about a lot of things (including the injuries).
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

AT least he came back from the injury instead of packing it in like some college players did, cough...Bosa....cough.

You can say Bosa had more to lose, sure, but Hall came back.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

G08 wrote:Inside the building at Mizzou there were rumblings that if he was banged up they felt he kind of took his sweet time coming back. I also heard some rumblings he may have an attitude problem but we can table that for right now.
I've read some of that too. Track mentality, body needs to be 100% to play, no return experience. He's never played a full season in the SEC, hard to see that changing in the NFL.

Mom was a track star at Tennessee. Had tragedy last year too, if I recall, with his dad passing.

His best case scenario is Willie Gault, except not as the #18 pick in the 1983 draft. You can't teach his speed.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:I hate doing this kind of comparison, but... for perspective, these are Mack's combine numbers.

Broad Jump: 128in
40-Yard Dash: 4.65
Short Shuttle: 4.18
3-Cone Drill: 7.08

Both 6'3 250
I went back and re-watched that highlight video... I understand he's whipping Canadian bums but this dude has some juice to his game. He can bend the edge, he's quick, I love his spin move, he knows to attack the football when he's coming at the QB unseen... if he's 75% of what he showed in these clips I don't see how Kylie Fitts has a job come September.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

UOK
Site Admin

G08 wrote:
wab wrote:I hate doing this kind of comparison, but... for perspective, these are Mack's combine numbers.

Broad Jump: 128in
40-Yard Dash: 4.65
Short Shuttle: 4.18
3-Cone Drill: 7.08

Both 6'3 250
I went back and re-watched that highlight video... I understand he's whipping Canadian bums but this dude has some juice to his game. He can bend the edge, he's quick, I love his spin move, he knows to attack the football when he's coming at the QB unseen... if he's 75% of what he showed in these clips I don't see how Kylie Fitts has a job come September.
Ideally iron sharpens iron and these two have a tooth-and-nail fight for the roster spot that leaves one of them a clear cut contributor. In a more realistic world they both amount to nothing.

I can't help but be excited about Betts, though. Then again I was momentarily drunk on Bednarski the backflipping place kicker before he was unceremoniously sent away, so what do I know?
Umbali
MVP

I hope at least one of them sticks and becomes a good player. Nothing better than an UDFA underdog success story.
Fantasy Team: Peanut Punchers
UOK
Site Admin

Alex Bars is participating in minicamp practices, so his knee must be doing better.
AZ_Bearfan
MVP

AZ_Bearfan
MVP

Good kid. I'm all in on the Raymond hype-train now.
G08
Hall of Famer

AZ_Bearfan wrote:Good kid. I'm all in on the Raymond hype-train now.
He's got the traits, can he stay healthy and take the next step is the question in my mind. Rooting for him!
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS