Reactions to the draft?

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

Mr.Irrelevant
Player of the Month

I was thrilled with the Montgomery pick. He was my guy and I'm even good with trading up for him. Our Superbowl window is now open, and the only starting position we needed to address was RB. (well, and kicker)

I was confused with the Ridley pick, as I felt come 2020 we're going to need a safety, a guard, maybe a TE, and probably a cornerback. It seemed like there were still players at those positions who, with a year of work, could take over those spots.

Still, we got a couple of those guys who I had as 4th/5th rounders as UDFA, so what do I know?
DaSuperfan
Crafty Veteran

Mr.Irrelevant wrote:I was thrilled with the Montgomery pick. He was my guy and I'm even good with trading up for him. Our Superbowl window is now open, and the only starting position we needed to address was RB. (well, and kicker)

I was confused with the Ridley pick, as I felt come 2020 we're going to need a safety, a guard, maybe a TE, and probably a cornerback. It seemed like there were still players at those positions who, with a year of work, could take over those spots.

Still, we got a couple of those guys who I had as 4th/5th rounders as UDFA, so what do I know?
It appears Pace just stayed trued to his board and went BPA. Why force a position if your evaluation has a higher grade on a different player/position? I thought our UDFA hall was really good, to the point where there are some positions that we addressed there that could be players on our 53 man roster in 2019 and potentially be starting in 2020.
Never Die Easy