My Boy: Tommy Stevens

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

Hoog
Pro Bowler

I really don't get the James Morgan love. I have seen him play for BG many times and was never impressed. Heck, one year he had a 45.6% completion rate. He is also in the negatives for rushing. He isn't what you want in a development prospect. He is where he is already and I don't see better success ahead.

Tommy Stevens on the other hand is my boy! This kid is huge 6'5" 250lbs. and at his pro day put up a 4.5 forty and 7.09 three cone. He is athletic and just doesn't have the reps yet because he was stuck behind McSorley at Penn State and McSorley was the golden boy of the coaching staff there. What he did at Penn St was take advantage and get on the field when he could. He played RB, FB, TE, WR, and a bit of QB as well. He was a gadget guy but a successful one. (Tysome Hill Light) Running the ball he had over 500 yards on 76 carries (6.6 yards per) and 8 TD's. As a receiver he caught 14 passes and had 2 TD's. His senior year, his OC left to take the Miss St job and Stevens followed him so he could play more QB.

At Miss St. he finally got some QB reps and did pretty good. He had 11 TD/4 INT while keeping a 60% completion rate. He also ran the ball from QB a lot amassing 4.6 yards per carry and 4 TD running. He has done well at all the workouts and post games he has attended. His upside is way up there. He would be a great 6th round find for us and could sit and develop but also as he did at Penn St, get on the field as a TE, WR, and FB.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Sounds interesting, but I can't find a site that's confident he'll even get a UDFA camp invite.

I could possibly be talked into bringing him to camp, though.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Not a Stevens fan myself. I'd rather take a flyer on Steven Montez or Tyler Huntley instead.

But that's just, like, my opinion, man.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
circlecitybear
Practice Squad

The Indy star did an article on him today. He is wanting to play and as you pointed out he is big and fast. They did show his injury background and he has a hard time staying on the field. I would bring him in but not sure about using a draft choice.
wulfy
MVP

I like Anthony Gordon's quick release and accuracy .... doesn't have a cannon, but not a noodle arm either. Many people thought he should have been starting two years ago at WashSt over Minshew. Should be there in the 5th.