Hoog's Last Before the Draft

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

Hoog
Player of the Month

Here you go Fella's, my last attempt before the draft.

Pick #43 (R2)- Chase Claypool, WR, ND- He has been my number one target at this slot for a while now. Some people think he is an ARob clone so why draft him but he is so much different. First, I believe he has better hands. ARob's catch rate isn't as great as people think. This guy has great hands. He is also faster and more of a downfield threat and huge target radius. This kid opposite of what ARob brings with Miller mixed in is all kinds of good.

Pick #50- TRADE
Seattle gives us #63, 101, and 144 for #50 and 226

Pick #63 (R3)- Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia- Kid would have been one of the top CB taken in this draft had he not broke an ankle his SR. year. He had an incredible 21 PD's in 2018 and led the nation. He has interceptions and is a tough tackler. Great size and speed with long arms. He reminds me a lot of Tillman, long, lean, and good tackler.

Pick #101 (R3)- Ben Bredeson, OL, Michigan- great technique, versatile, and tough. This is a very smart and technical OL-man who could be a plug and play wherever you need him. Very solid pick in the late 3rd.

Pick #144 (R4)- K'von Wallace, S, Clemson- Very underrated player in this draft. Very smart and could come right in and start opposite Jackson. 72 tackles, 2 INT, and 10 pass defenses. Guy can do it all.

Pick #163 (R5)- Leki Fotu, DT, Utah- very big man. I have been wanting a guy this huge to plug in at NT for a while. I see him plugging up the run game but also offering a little pass rush as well. Good player right here.

Pick #196 (R6)- Mykal Walker, LB, Fresno St.- Very tough and active. Good speed and could play outside if needed. He should fill an immediate need at BU ILB and special teams but will be a starter some day.

Pick #200 (R6)- Oluwole Betiku JR, OLB/DE, Illinois- Very high upside. Don't know if he will ever amount to anything but has the potential to be a very nice player in the NFL.

Pick #233 (R7)- Victor Johnson, OL, App State- Guy has really long arms, is mobile, and has a lot of experience at LT. He has been training at OC and OG as well so he could fill a lot of holes. I see him actually taking the LT spot in a year or two. I think he's that good.
G08
Hall of Famer

Claypool has become 'my guy' for this draft. I think he is perfect for what our offense needs. Bredeson is a 'solid but unspectacular' player but I could see him locking down a position for the next 5-8 years.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
wab
Mod

I'd be happy with any of the following at 43 (in no particular order)
Chase Claypool
Ezra Cleveland
Harrison Bryant
Grant Delpit
John Simpson

There are others I'd be ok with too...but these guys are my faves.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:44 pm I'd be happy with any of the following at 43 (in no particular order)
Chase Claypool
Ezra Cleveland
Harrison Bryant
Grant Delpit
John Simpson

There are others I'd be ok with too...but these guys are my faves.
Harrison Bryant huh? I feel like he's going to fall a little bit.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

I'd buy Leki at 5, but I'll be surprised if he's not gone a round earlier than that
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
cblaz11
MVP

Well done!

There’s a video montage on twitter and it’s all of Claypools blocks and special team plays...Def made me a fan after watching
wulfy
MVP

Great job, per usual, Hooger.

Mykal Walker might be one of my favorite picks in your draft - tough, productive and much more upside than Joel Iggy.

I'd be quite pleased if Pace's day wound up like this.