What I see:
- great size
- pretty strong arm
- has some mobility
- small sample size
- needs to season for a year or two
wab
Mod

He's my favorite realistic option, probably over Trask. He was superb at Wake Forest. His deep ball is on par with Lawrence and Jones and he can really move. He's not Kyler Murray or Lamar Jackson, but he can run.
UOK
Site Admin

wab wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:08 pm He's my favorite realistic option, probably over Trask. He was superb at Wake Forest. His deep ball is on par with Lawrence and Jones and he can really move. He's not Kyler Murray or Lamar Jackson, but he can run.
Not sure if I like him more than Trask, but I like him a great deal. As I said in the other thread, he seems to be a poor man's McNabb. Similar frame and traits, maybe a bit less of an arm, definitely needs some time to finish cooking, but solid prospect.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

He's the most entertaining of the options so he's my current favorite. His mobility makes him very different from the other QBs in the discussion so it requires a little speculation regarding what Nagy is looking for.
xyt in the discord chats
wab
Mod

crueltyabc wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:51 pm He's the most entertaining of the options so he's my current favorite. His mobility makes him very different from the other QBs in the discussion so it requires a little speculation regarding what Nagy is looking for.
Newman isn’t a “run first” guy though. He’s a passer first, but one that can run.

Mitch was a run first QB when he came into the NFL and Nagy (wrongfully) coached it out of him in 2019.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

So do you think Nagy values that athleticism or would he rather have maximum accuracy and decision making? The fact that he likes Foles at all makes me think he doesn't care if a dude can run
xyt in the discord chats
wab
Mod

crueltyabc wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:28 pm So do you think Nagy values that athleticism or would he rather have maximum accuracy and decision making? The fact that he likes Foles at all makes me think he doesn't care if a dude can run
I think he does. He clearly likes RPO stuff.

But I think he wants a passer first who can execute designed runs.
G08
Hall of Famer

Watched a bunch of this kid tonight... he is THICK and has the athleticism I like in a QB.

Has a bit of a McNabb/Culpepper feel to me the way he delivers the ball and how thick he is as a QB. I saw him run over a corner like it was nothing which put a smile on my face.

I like this kid... not sure where he lands but if you can get him in round 2 in a trade down (or high in round 3) I'd pounce.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"