QB Prospect Discussion: Trey Lance

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:47 am While I am not a fan of Lance's, that seemed a little harsh. It is like the guy tried overly hard to be negative to get his name out there as the anti Lance. If Lance does bust this guy can capitalize on it. I am a big fan of FCS football and enjoy watching it more than FBS football. Saw Lance play about 3 games and he can be impressive but I never looked at him as a sure 1st rd guy. But, I don't know shit either. Hell I never thought Aaron Stecker (fellow WIU alum) would have a 10 yr NFL career.
It's hard to really judge FCS players from a armchair QB prospective. Those player getting NFL attention are clearly the best guys on the field and it can disorient.

I do think that particular writer went hard in the paint against Lance.
EricTighe
MVP

After Lawrence and Fields i believe all the rest are in the same category. I just love Mills upside more then the rest.

My List.

Lawrence
Fields

Wilson
Mills
Newman
Trask
Lance
Jones
Mond
Franks
IE
Hall of Famer

I don't know where to put this. I don't think it deserves its own thread and actually do think it pertains to Lance.

Did that NDSU TE Noah Gindorff pop off the screen to anyone else like he did to me? He caught 6 of Lance's TD passes in '19 and seemed to always be in the narrative making play after play after play. Lance has his moments where he looks great. A lot of that was running. And then when he does passing more often than not the playmaker was the big lumbering TE (not that he's prohibitively slow). The guy is an effing smart football player. Great hands and like 6'6" 260. I want the Bears to draft that kid next year.

I'm not saying Lance is LeFevour and Gindorff is Antonio Brown, but....
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
wulfy
MVP

I think I did the same thing in the Davis Mills thread about his WR Simi Fehoko. When you watch some many clips on QB, you come to the conclusion that there are players they inherently trust when a play needs to made.
wulfy
MVP

NBC Sports Chicago wrote:As high-profile quarterbacks go through their first and second Pro Days, sometimes more is made of who was on the sidelines than what happened on the field. In the case of Trey Lance’s second Pro Day, people are taking note of who *won’t* be there. According to Albert Breer, the Bears will be one of the teams who checked the “sadly declines” box on their RSVPs.

So what do we make of this? Honestly, it’s tough to glean any real information. Matt Nagy and Ryan Pace both attended Lance’s Pro Day last month, so it’s possible they’ve already seen enough. Maybe after Lance’s last Pro Day, the Bears decided he wasn’t their guy and didn’t feel the need to attend this time around. Or maybe they fell in love with the North Dakota State quarterback and are using their absence as a smokescreen. We really don’t know.