Senior Bowl Thoughts OL

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

RichH55
Hall of Famer

Didn't Wow me overall - Though some very legit guys (Mostly inside)

Guys I loved

Creed Humphrey - Center -Oklahoma - They put him up against all the comers inside (texas, UCLA, even #0 on tOSU (whom I liked) - Short short arms - but Wrestling Background (I am a sucker for heavyweight wrestlers for OL) - Low and in Control , Team Reps I wished Id focused on him more (maybe not as dominant there)

You wish he had longer arms - but he just kept winning reps and making it look easy - Even to the laymans eyes you could tell he played "lower" than almost any OL there this week

OG - Trey Smith- Tenn - He's a beast - Best Comp - Mike Iupati - Not sure he lost a rep - and just absolutely engulfs defenders- Apparently he has a Medical Issue that might cause him to slide. Medical Roll of the dice - but All Pro potential

Solid/Good/Incomplete

I think I saw like 1 Rep of Radunz - Shame was looking forward to him

ND - Hainsey - I think he's an NFL Tackle

Leatherwood - Do Not think he's a LT - Can be a great Guard - Maybe a RT?

Quinn Meinerz - Every telecast loved him - For good reasons - Wearing a crop top , DIII, Mountain Man knocking over trees in offseason - And they do tend to love to overhype the DIII kids - Still he looked good. Would I pick him over Trey Smith or Creed Humphrey? No.

Developmental Tackles

Hudson - CIncy - Some Solid Reps (notably against #55 tOSU and #0 tOSU ). And you can EASILY see the Feet. He ain't there yet though - He has A LOT to learn about the position. This is a draft pick to develop, Has feet and movement skills - needs Reps and Technique

Northern Iowa - Spencer Brown - He looks the part- Could be a big Bully RT with development (better feet than you'd think). Legit Mean Streak and they say Monster Weight Room Power (and he doesnt look Fat either) But he got beat a bunch - all technique - I thought maybe it was power but it was him getting caught hesitating. beat #90 Pitt

Just a Guy or Worse:

David Moore - Grambling - "Bag of Goo", even when he wins a Rep its kind of meh

Jackson - Iowa, Ealy - Oklahoma, Curhan -Cal, Banks nd (guard?), Anderson - Texas Tech

Newman - Ole Miss - Competes but limited

I think the Alabama Guard is overrated - he's not garbage - but I think he's just a guy
UOK
Site Admin

Thanks for these posts, Rich! Good stuff.
wab
Mod

I don't think Leatherwood is an NFL left tackle either. I think his best fit is at guard, but some team will try him at RT first.