Senior Bowl Thoughts : DL etc

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

RichH55
Hall of Famer

Overrated:
UCLA DT Odighizuwa

Pitt #90 jones II - Might have hurt himself more than any other player - If I didn't know he was highly regarded coming in - I'd have said he's just a guy - And maybe thats all he is

Liked:
Grant - LB Houston - Knack for being involved - High Energy kid - Worst case he's a core special teamer

Elerson Smith - Northern Iowa - looked like he spent the season in the Weight Room - Good Frame for it - Had some pass rushing moves and was stout enough that you think he could hold an edge when needed - Made multiple plays in the Senior Bowl itself, Won a Rep entirely with Hand move which you like to see

#0 tOSU Cooper - Showed some ability, Up and Down to an extent but you could see the Ability

Roche #55 Miami - Was getting wins in 1 on 1s all week

#9 Basham - WF - Helped himself - Got some Michael Bennett comps coming

Sample - Tulane - This is a good player. Won with multiple moves and looks to have good size/speed

Notes:
#55 tOsu (Hilliard?) - Likes rushing the QB wide, He was effective including a Sack in 11 on 11 but man it's a wide wide rush - If he guesses Pass and its a rush you are gonna get gauged

ND Hayes - Seems like a high character guy - Competes

Toney - Penn State - Beat Hudson easily

USC kid -n Plays Low and Strong but he isn't dynamic -

Iowa Gholston - Might be more there than meets the eye

Just A Guy

T Jackson - Coastal Carolina
Texas - Graham - Plugger. Rotation Guy
Weaver - Pitt
Baylor - Bradley King
FSU - Robinson - No idea what he's doing

KSU - Wyatt Hubert - I'm not sure what he does - best case he gets labeled try hard white guy? He doesn't seem to bring anything to the table - No pass moves or counters and less than ideal athleticism