Kadarius Toney

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

wulfy
MVP

i was not aware of Toney's off the field baggage .... could eliminate him from Mother's and the Ticket Manager's consideration:
Dane Brugler of The Athletic wrote:Some NFL scouts have voiced concern that he is more passionate about rapping than football (his stage name is Yung Joka)…
Off-field decision making requires vetting due to multiple off-field incidents: suspended for the 2018 season opener after his involvement in an on-campus confrontation between players and Gainesville locals where he painted an air-soft gun to look like an AR-15 assault rifle (May 2018); Pulled over by Gainesville Police, which revealed an authentic and loaded AR-15 rifle in his back seat (July 2018) that Toney had “for protection because of the locals” (no charges filed)…
I have no issues with him having a rap career .... but in listening to a couple of his tracks, I can't imagine Mother and The Ticket Manager would be thrilled.

In support, I will only refer to him as Yung Joka from now on.
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

For the record, the Wide Receiver position has the highest percentage of busts in the first round, by far. Hell, just look at our last two: Kevin White and David Terrell, both Top 10 picks. Ugh.

Just say no.