#20 - Mac Jones QB Alabama

So right away you know this probably isn't realistic

2nd Round - 52 Trade down

3rd. - Radunz - OT

3rd Round - 83 Creed Humphrey - C Oklahoma

3rd. Tre Brown - CB Oklahoma

4th (late) Trade multiple 6ths. Eskridge - WR

5th - Hamlin - S Pitt

6th - Michael Carter - HB UNC (He might be gone so Trey Sermon?)
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Screw it - it's my unrealistic draft SO
Bears trade Anthony Miller for late 5th Rounder

Draft Rodgers - WR Clemson
cblaz11
MVP

The more I watch, the more I love Mac Jones. His pocket presence is crisp..his arm strength is better then people say, and that accuracy...Wow.
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

I don't think we need a center, but from what I saw at the Senior Bowl, Humphrey is a damn good one. Personally, I'd like to see us move Daniels back there. But hey, if we could get Humphrey after already getting a tackle like Radunz, I'm all for it.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

I'm not sure we need one either, but I'm also not completely sold on Mustipher. It'd be nice to have something in place if he regresses, so I see the rationale, even if I don't fully embrace it.

Humphrey would be quite the contingency plan (and I think he's long gone by pick 83 anyway), but since a Day 2 pick is someone you typically want to have a chance to be on the field, I'd be much more inclined to take one of the guys I like on Day 3 instead.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
cblaz11
MVP

Love this....

Love Mac...I’d prefer a different OT like Eichenberg or Cosmi but both may be gone.

Love the center

I really like the safety from Pitt...His leadership and knowledge is top notch
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

I could live with Mac at 20, but as you stated he likely won't be there. Also, I just don't think Pace would do that unless there is some secret deal he has. His pick at 20 has to make a difference this year IMO for him to not get canned. Heck, it's why I'm not sold they will take one in the second (or perhaps even the third).

I get the Humphrey pick, but I think he is a center only kind of guy (a really really good one) so I don't know if they go that route if they have the faith they are professing regarding Mustipher.

Radunz is a guy I too like a ton and he's all over boards -early second to late third - if he is there when you got him that's great value. If we go Jenkins in the first, I think him in the second if a Mills isn't at 52 is a great move, so in the third would be awesome.

Eskridge is another guy I'd love to see us get and as is Brown (if we don't get Rochell earlier).

I like Hamlin if you go RB I like Sermon more than Carter, but think RB is a spot they won't draft given the current ones on the roster.

If Pace wasn't on the hot seat, I think that draft would be great and something the WOULD do if Jones slipped.
WagonForce
MVP

Thanks for sharing this Rich. One thing I like about this draft is investing in the interior offensive line. Creating competition, having depth, giving players some time to develop, this is how you build a top unit.
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Thanks Wagon

I am a believer in taking what the draft gives you (*To a Large degree)

*The one thought that keeps coming back to me - I think Zaven Collins is going to be the "best" guy left when we are on the clock - and I think he's going to be great

Would you take him despite - you know - all the crazy needs we have?
wab
Mod

RichH55 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:34 am Thanks Wagon

I am a believer in taking what the draft gives you (*To a Large degree)

*The one thought that keeps coming back to me - I think Zaven Collins is going to be the "best" guy left when we are on the clock - and I think he's going to be great

Would you take him despite - you know - all the crazy needs we have?
I think I might. I like Collins an awful lot.
Hoog
Player of the Month

If we get Mac Jones at #20, I am all over it. As we sit right now, we may have to take Mills or Mond there if Mac is gone because I don't know that either makes it to our second pick and there isn't anyone I would even take a flier on.
Wounded Bear
MVP

I’ve done several mock drafts and Mac has never been available at 20. The only QB I’ve seen available that may be worth anything is Kyle Trask on the 2nd round. QB problem should not be solved this draft unless we aggressively trade up in the top 5 or 6 and then we’re looking at Trey Lance.
The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson