Quick 3 Rounder

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

Hoog
Player of the Month

Just did a simulated 3 rounder at lunch and thought I would share:

With Darrishaw, Fields, Lance, and Jones off the board, I traded down (#20 and our top 6th for #31 and #63 with KC).

#31- Sam Cosi, Texas, OT
#52- Kellen Mond, Tex A&M., QB
#63- Amon-Ra St. Brown, USE, WR
#83- Robert Rochelle, Central Ark, CB
RichH55
Hall of Famer

Sorry Hoog - hate it
Hoog
Player of the Month

So Rich, you've hated every one I have done so far, lol. What are you looking for buddy? Why the hate? Give me some feed back.
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

I'm not sure about Rochelle beating out Vildor and Shelley to contribute. Could you get better CB value by targeting a slot type rather than an outside type?
xyt in the discord chats
Z Bear
MVP

The Bears need CB help on the outside, Vildor and Shelly can battle it out for NB. I like Rochelle a lot, but think 3rd is a couple rounds too early for him. I am not feeling everyone's Mond love though, would hate him in the 2nd. Could live with Trask or Mills in the 2nd but not be overly thrilled.
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

I like the trade down, and I think the first two picks are very realistic. I do think that Pace likes Mond. Cosmi had an extremely good Pro Day. Putting up 36 Reps tells me he's already added a lot of good weight to his frame. Still, I'd prefer Jenkins if he's there. I've fallen hopeless in love with him. lol I'd rather wait for a QB than go for Mond with our second pick.

Myself, I would go CB in Round 2 with somebody like Newsome or Stokes if they fell. Later, I really the Georgia CB. I'd also like to see a strong safety added. I like Nasrilideen as somebody who could also play a big nickel, relieving some of the stress of Trevathan in pass coverage. What exactly does Brown bring to the table that we don't get from either Ridley or Wims? I want more speed at WR, and if not that, than a true physical presence.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

I'd go with these guys if available at these picks (using a rough average of the 3 big boards I like)

#31- Kyle Trask QB Florida...Bit of a reach taking him this early, but I'd rather get the 5th year option
#52- Eric Stokes CB Georgia...Definitely think that Stokes goes earlier in the 2nd, but groupthink has him ranked in the mid 50's
#63- Richie Grant S Central Florida...doubt he lasts this long, but I like the ground he can cover
#83- Seth Wlliams WR Auburn...When you first watch him, it looks like he has a limited route tree. But he runs 9's, digs, slants, outs, seams, posts, come backs, and fades really well.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
Hoog
Player of the Month

Atkins&Rebel wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:08 pm I'd go with these guys if available at these picks (using a rough average of the 3 big boards I like)

#31- Kyle Trask QB Florida...Bit of a reach taking him this early, but I'd rather get the 5th year option
#52- Eric Stokes CB Georgia...Definitely think that Stokes goes earlier in the 2nd, but groupthink has him ranked in the mid 50's
#63- Richie Grant S Central Florida...doubt he lasts this long, but I like the ground he can cover
#83- Seth Wlliams WR Auburn...When you first watch him, it looks like he has a limited route tree. But he runs 9's, digs, slants, outs, seams, posts, come backs, and fades really well.
Not really a Trask guy but wouldn't be horribly upset. Love the other picks, every one of them I had under consideration on my draft.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

The more I watch Trask, the more I see Eli Manning.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!