Top 7 for Pick #20

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

Hoog
Player of the Month

Here are the 7 players I would be very happy to pick at #20

1. Christian Darrisaw, OT, VaTech- I haven't waivered much from this guy since the whole draft process started. He is the best pick for us if he is there at #20

2. Lance/Jones/Fields, QB- I cheated a bit here but the way the rumors are floating out there, any of them "could" be there, and I would take them at #20. Let the draft come to you Pace, don't panic and sell our soul.

3. Teven Jenkins, OT, Ok State- The more I watch the more I like, even think he could be a LT at some point. Moves better than I thought. Think Taylor Decker.

4. Jaycee Horn, CB, SC- Best CB in the draft, probably won't be around but if he is, he's about as solid as you can get.

5. Sam Cosmi, OT, Texas- I like this guy better than most. I have seen him way down in the 60's on some sites. That is insane. He will be a solid LT for years in the NFL.

6. Greg Newsome, CB, NW- great athlete, good coverage skills, and I have him as the second best CB in the draft. At #20 that is a good pick.

7. Kadarius Toney, WR, FL- I love what this kid brings and think he might end up being the best WR in this draft, which is full of good WR's, when all is said and done. Diggs/Ridley type

Anyone else got 7 guys they would be happy with at #20?
Z Bear
MVP

#1 should be one of the top 5 QBs and Darrisaw #2. Then swap out Toney for Bateman, I do not think Toney is wort pick 20.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

I like your list with the exception of Toney.
Hoog
Player of the Month

Yes, Toney is my out of the box guy. I love him though. He is an ex-QB so he knows offenses and how to read them or out think the defense, he has speed, and good hands. I'm not sure why I like him more than the other WR's but he is the only one I'd take in the first round that won't be gone top 10. There isn't another wideout I would take at #20.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Hoog wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:36 pm Yes, Toney is my out of the box guy. I love him though. He is an ex-QB so he knows offenses and how to read them or out think the defense, he has speed, and good hands. I'm not sure why I like him more than the other WR's but he is the only one I'd take in the first round that won't be gone top 10. There isn't another wideout I would take at #20.
This is fair.

He also appears to freelance a lot, and isn't likely to get away with that in the NFL. In my estimation, he's a rich man's Anthony Miller, with all the good and not-so that goes along with that. I'm very much buyer beware on him.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Jenkins
Darrisaw
Leatherwood
Etienne
Eichenberg
wab
Mod

I'm basing this off of who legitimately could be available.

1. Mac Jones
2. Tevin Jenkins
3. Rashod Bateman
4. Sam Cosmi
5. Caleb Farley
6. Kellen Mond
7. Greg Newsome
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

Hoog wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:57 pm
Not even close
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Yogi da Bear
Head Coach

I would dump Toney. Don't want a first round receiver. I'm move Mills up to either three or four.
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Moriarty wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:14 pm
Hoog wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:57 pm
Not even close
I got to four, and three (Fields, Lance, Jones) have almost no chance of making it to #20.

The fourth, Darrisaw, isn't very likely either.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Fields, Lance, Jones, Darrisaw, Jenkins as certainties. I've always been a big defense guy but the game's changed, the Bears need to supercharge their offense. No WRs in the 1st though.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
EricTighe
MVP

My top 7 for number 20.

1. Justin Fields if he does drop then this is a no brainer to me. But then again.......

2. RB Najee Harris. I know it isn't a need but he is the highest rated player I have on the board. You can't reach in round 1.

3. Micah Parsons. He may drop due to some character issues. A complete football player that happens to be a freak of an athlete.
https://saturdaytradition.com/penn-stat ... shay-says/

4. Safety CB Jevon Holland my favorite defensive player in the draft. Every game I watched Oregon play the last two years this kid stood out. Can play CB or Safety and in today's game you need some versatility in the back,
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/jevo ... on-safety/

5, OT Liam Eichenberg. Go ahead he has flaws, Some say he is a second rounder. All I know is he doesn't allow pressure and run blocks with the best of them. Nothing flashy just as steady as they come. Nothing wrong with dependable. Maybe the safest pick for the O-line after Sewell.

6. OT Dillon Radunz would not be upset with this pick. He has the athletic ability and the nasty to play right tackle. Hopefuly playing at lower division isn't the only reason he looked so dominate.

7. CB Jaycee Horn scary pick due to back issues. Already have one CB with a history of injuries. But the ability and the freakish ability are there. Lets hope his back is. If not for the back he would not even be considered available at 20

https://www.si.com/nfl/patriots/news/20 ... aycee-horn
wab
Mod

EricTighe wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:41 am 7. CB Jaycee Horn scary pick due to back issues. Already have one CB with a history of injuries. But the ability and the freakish ability are there. Lets hope his back is. If not for the back he would not even be considered available at 20
Farley had the back injury, not Horn.
EricTighe
MVP

Oops wrong prospect. Thanx for the correction. Fixed my notes as well.

Well, he won't be there at 20 then. Might see him in Lions uniform next year at 7.