Second Round Looks Juicy!!

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

Hoog
Player of the Month

There is an absolute TON of talent sitting there still in the second round. I wrote down 16 names just off of the bat, from the lists I have seen that I would love to draft in the second. The best part is 8 of them are OT prospects, which we need. I also threw some projected third rounders in that we could take. Wonderful that we kept the 2nd/3rd rounders in the trade for Fields. Give me Cosmi in the 2nd and Ifeatu Melifonwu in the 3rd.

Sami Cosmi, OT
Teven Jenkins, OT
Dilon Radunz, OT
Jackson Carman, RT/OG
Liam Eichenberg, OT
Jalen Mayfield, OT
Spencer Brown, OT
Walker Little, OT
Jeremiah Owusu Koramoah, Athlete
Trevon Moehrig, S
Nick Bolton, LB
Christian Barmore, DT
Terrace Marshall, Jr, WR
Javon Holland, S
Aaron Robinson, CB
Rondale Moore, WR

Third Rounders
Kelvin Joseph, CB
Paulson Adebo, CB
Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB
Benjamin St. Juste, CB
Zech McPhearson, CB
Robert Rochelle, CB
Divine Deablo, S
Tyree Gillespie, S
James Hudson, RT/OG
D'Ante Smith, RT/OG
Dyami Brown, WR
Nico Collins, WR
TuTu Atwell, WR
Amari Rodgers, WR
Tylan Wallace, WR
Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR
cblaz11
MVP

Man.....it won’t happen but getting Eichenberg or Jenkins, both day 1 starters at RT, would be amazing.
Z Bear
MVP

OT in the 2nd, CB in the 3rd. I think your list is a little off though, I think Joseph, Adebo and Melinfonwu will all go ahead of Robinson in the 2nd. Walker Little and Spencer Brown will probably go in the 3rd.

Give me Jenkins, Cosmi, or Radunz at 53 then St Juste, Rochelle or McPherson in the 3rd and then I will say this is a very successful draft.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

If we get Jenkins in the 2nd I'll be over the moon.
Hoog
Player of the Month

Z Bear wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:55 am OT in the 2nd, CB in the 3rd. I think your list is a little off though, I think Joseph, Adebo and Melinfonwu will all go ahead of Robinson in the 2nd. Walker Little and Spencer Brown will probably go in the 3rd.

Give me Jenkins, Cosmi, or Radunz at 53 then St Juste, Rochelle or McPherson in the 3rd and then I will say this is a very successful draft.
That's what everyone told me about Darrisaw at #20 and he was there for the taking. This draft is moving very weird from what the mock boards said and what actually happened. I won't rule anything out at this point.
Bears Whiskey Nut
Hall of Famer

cblaz11 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:47 am Man.....it won’t happen but getting Eichenberg or Jenkins, both day 1 starters at RT, would be amazing.
Obviously OT is a huge need. We have to rebuild the T positions. We have a good interior Daniels - Mustipher - Whitehair. Do you spend more draft capital from next year to trade up to get your franchise LT? You just (hopefully) got your franchise QB. Might as well, right?
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:01 am If we get Jenkins in the 2nd I'll be over the moon.
We just need to hope NFL GMs having been looking at Yogi's Picnic Basket. I think Yogi had him in his first basket going to us in the second round. Hope that happens.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

There ain't much draft capital left this year to move up and they've already burned a pick in 2022. I say let the draft come to them at 52. They might even be approached by someone wanting that pick and can recover picks in the 4th and/or 5th while still getting a quality OT in 2. I like Jenkins but he's not rated like Sewell and Slater, not even like Darrisaw.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Hoog given the talent that is out there, I'd love to drop down about 5 spots. The chart shows that to be a 4th round pick. At about 7 spots it's a 4th and 5th.

If we can do that, I'd love to see a WR (or maybe a CB in the second), the third round we snag Little (he can play LT in the NFL) and in the 4th we get Stone Forsythe out of Florida to be our RT of the future.

Or if Cosmi slips to that spot in the second you can snag him to be our LT and take one of the WR you listed (I like Brown the most) and then get Forsythe. Heck, I like my second idea more but just don't know if Cosmi slides that far, but I've seen some "experts" having him slip to the end of the second so maybe.
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

(As a general rule) R3 is the worst round there is for CB, IMO.

You take a flawed gem and kid yourself into thinking they can develop into a starter and you end up with nothing to show for a somewhat high pick.
1999-2002: Mouth Off Sports Forum (RIP)
2002-2014: KFFL (RIP)
2014-2016: USAToday Fantasy Sports Forum (RIP)

Hello, my name is Moriarty. I have come to kill your website, prepare to die.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Short of the absolute premium OTs (Sewell and Slater), I think the Bears can find a good one in 2 or 3. Short of a Megatron/Randy Moss, few WRs come in and make an impact their first year, it seems to take them at least a year to get acclimated to the pro game. Lots of big-time WRs taken after round 1.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Cosmi fits the type of player pace has drafted consistently in the 2nd. I would double up on linemen. But I think OT and WR sounds likely.
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

mmmc_35 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:48 am Cosmi fits the type of player pace has drafted consistently in the 2nd. I would double up on linemen. But I think OT and WR sounds likely.
That's why if we can trade back with our second it would be huge to get that 4th round pick as I think we need to double down on OL but we need a WR.
wulfy
MVP

I mentioned this elsewhere .... keep an eye on Jalen Mayfield of Michigan. Juan Castillo worked with him extensively when he was consulting at Michigan and you know how having a "connection" with a player makes Pace horny.
G08
Hall of Famer

9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
EricTighe
MVP

Jevon Holland in the second please.
Walker Little in the third.

Would be nice to trade down to pick up extra picks but don't see it happening
IE
Hall of Famer

I like the trade back idea, if there is a way to still get an OT they like.

Question for you all... if there is a trade-down and pick acquisition, is there utility in also drafting Field's Center Allen? I know there's Mustipher - but this is kind of a tryout season for him. IF he works out well, Allen can still play OG and back up all 3 interior spots. What think you?
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Moriarty
Hall of Famer

wulfy wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:11 am I mentioned this elsewhere .... keep an eye on Jalen Mayfield of Michigan. Juan Castillo worked with him extensively when he was consulting at Michigan and you know how having a "connection" with a player makes Pace horny.
Sadly, yes. Mayfield is last on my list of top tackles.

Moriarty
Hall of Famer

IE wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:45 am Question for you all... if there is a trade-down and pick acquisition, is there utility in also drafting Field's Center Allen? I know there's Mustipher - but this is kind of a tryout season for him. IF he works out well, Allen can still play OG and back up all 3 interior spots. What think you?
:-?

You mean Myers?

I'd love more of a definitive solution, on Humphrey's level, since we've fucked around at C so much - and we can't move any more failed Cs to G.

But I've seen him anywhere from 70 to 125 lately. And Badiasz slid surprisingly last year.
In R4, I'm very interested. At 83, maybe.

IE
Hall of Famer

Yes - Myers, sorry. I just love the idea of that hedge against Mustipher not solidifying and having to put Whitehair back in there. Or Daniels. And then of course the main point would be the continuity and established efficacy of Fields and Myers working well together. It just makes too much sense to me.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
crueltyabc
Hall of Famer

Now that I'm super optimistic for our future (wtf i can't believe it) I'm open to developmental guys and that shakes up my board a little bit.

Upside and value from Dilon Radunz, Walker Little, Stone Forsyth, D'Ante Smith
Wide receivers with limited route trees can take a redshirt year if needed
Similarly some of the safety/dimebacker tweener guys like Trill Williams and Divine Deablo are more appealing
xyt in the discord chats
Arkansasbear
Head Coach

Hoog three guys you left off that should be considered if they are there:

Tyson Campbell, CB Georgia
Asnate Samuel, CB, Florida St.
Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss

I can't believe how fired up I've become over this draft.