Michigan vs Michigan State

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I watch very little college football. I only get into it for draft prep and then I watch as much film (i.e. YouTubes) that I can find.

So anyway....

That dumbass Mel Tucker is the HC at Michigan State and they're UNDEFEATED?

So the guy who was a laughing stock of a DC while he was here has a better record as an HC than Matt Nagy.

Good....great....
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Late in the 4th.

Michigan 33 ; Michigan State 30

State just got the ball back on a fumble.

Michigan jumps offsides. State QB realizes this and takes a shot downfield. Incomplete pass.

The refs got the call right and the WR didn't quit on the route. I had to laugh.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Mel Tucker.

Yes THAT Mel Tucker.

Just became the 1st MSU HC to be 2-0 against Michigan.

And Matt Fucking Nagy can't beat the Packers.
IE
Hall of Famer

I LOL'd when they hired Mel Tucker but I have to admit he seems to have the right vibe for a college coach. MSU fans LOVE him. My son is a senior at MSU and my stepson graduated from there a few years ago. We're Sparty fans even though we live in Ann Arbor area. Many Michigan fans are insufferable... they believe they're like an Ivy League school academically and just better than everyone at everything. Both of my kids refused to go to MI even though both qualified. My daughter went to Illinois (nuclear engineering) and my son to MSU (computer engineering), and they both hate their home town team. But their mom went to MSU and I went to Illinois, so I guess that's natural. LOL

Kenneth Walker is a stud, no? Wow. The Wake Forest coach must be related to Nagy. Good thing he made Walker split carries with the heisman-candidate (not) Christian Beal-Smith and frustrated Walker into leaving. He's a one-year rental for Sparty but kudos to Tucker for committing to let Walker be the show this year. It's working out pretty well for them both.
2023 Chicago Bears... emerging from a long hibernation, and hungry!
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

It's usually college coaches who jump to the NFL and fail. Tucker has made the reverse move and is successful, good for him. Harbaugh, though, I have to wonder if he'll survive if he loses also to Ohio State this year although I believe he just signed an extension. As games go, it was pretty darn good.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
docc
Head Coach

28-0 Ohio State in 1st ..so far
Ormazd
MVP

49-0 at the half. OSU mercifully called off the dogs, or they could have scored 100.

Gave me flashbacks to his Bears DC days, when his "defense" regularly gave up fifty burgers.