College Bowl Games

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

Grizzled
Hall of Famer

Numerous excellent competitive bowl games. Ohio State-Utah was a knock down, drag out fight which went down to the wire. It's too bad the semi-final championship games were so non-competive and boring. The finals game might be interesting although Alabama waxed Georgia in their first meeting; Georgia obviously is going to have play completely different this time around.
Drafts are like snowflakes, no two are alike.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I watched part of the OSU Utah game. Saw the halftime interview with Day and OSU had given up 35 points by the half. His demeanor about that in the interview is exactly how I would want a Bears HC to conduct themselves in a similar situation. I mean, yeah of course, you don't want to have given up 35 point at the half in the first place, but whatever. I saw that guy and I'm like please let him be our next coach. Please.

Alabama vs Georgia could be a blowout and it's disappointing. I don't have any issues with Alabama's dominance. It's fun to watch dynasties in action.

Saban is just The Man. There's no way around it.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:32 pm I watched part of the OSU Utah game. Saw the halftime interview with Day and OSU had given up 35 points by the half. His demeanor about that in the interview is exactly how I would want a Bears HC to conduct themselves in a similar situation. I mean, yeah of course, you don't want to have given up 35 point at the half in the first place, but whatever. I saw that guy and I'm like please let him be our next coach. Please.

Alabama vs Georgia could be a blowout and it's disappointing. I don't have any issues with Alabama's dominance. It's fun to watch dynasties in action.

It's interesting to have seen the Pats dynasty and now Alabama despite the 2 sports doing everything in their power to foster competitiveness. Saban's the type of guy you wish your college had coaching.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Grizzled wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:15 pm
The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:32 pm I watched part of the OSU Utah game. Saw the halftime interview with Day and OSU had given up 35 points by the half. His demeanor about that in the interview is exactly how I would want a Bears HC to conduct themselves in a similar situation. I mean, yeah of course, you don't want to have given up 35 point at the half in the first place, but whatever. I saw that guy and I'm like please let him be our next coach. Please.

It's interesting to have seen the Pats dynasty and now Alabama despite the 2 sports doing everything in their power to foster competitiveness. Saban's the type of guy you wish your college had coaching.
We are witnessing 2 or 3 of the biggest dynasties in football history right now.

1) Saban in Alabama. He's 70. How much longer is he going to coach? Even if it's only 5 more years the guy is going to win 2 or 3 more national titles between this year and the next 5.

2) The GOAT in Tampa Bay is his own dynasty. We'll never see something like The GOAT again. The constant winning. The longevity. Now doing it with multiple teams.

3) Belichick. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Patriots contended next year. Mac Jones is having a great rookie season. Why couldn't there be a huge leap in year 2 and the Patriots make a run?

I guess the reason why I'm not bothered by any of this is because no team I care about is getting destroyed as a result. It's not like the Bears have amounted to a hill of shit since 2006 anyway so I might as well enjoy it. Then for college football I don't have a team. I just want good games.
Grizzled
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:04 pm
Grizzled wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:15 pm

We are witnessing 2 or 3 of the biggest dynasties in football history right now.

1) Saban in Alabama. He's 70. How much longer is he going to coach? Even if it's only 5 more years the guy is going to win 2 or 3 more national titles between this year and the next 5.

2) The GOAT in Tampa Bay is his own dynasty. We'll never see something like The GOAT again. The constant winning. The longevity. Now doing it with multiple teams.

3) Belichick. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Patriots contended next year. Mac Jones is having a great rookie season. Why couldn't there be a huge leap in year 2 and the Patriots make a run?

I guess the reason why I'm not bothered by any of this is because no team I care about is getting destroyed as a result. It's not like the Bears have amounted to a hill of shit since 2006 anyway so I might as well enjoy it. Then for college football I don't have a team. I just want good games.
Yeah, Brady also. I have college teams I root for but they never amount to anything most years so I don't have a dog in the hunt.