Time to think Offseason and Draft

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

wab
Mod

Well...the shambles that was the 2008 season is mercifully over....now it's time to focus on the draft.

I'll be working a mock up here in the next few weeks for those of you that are interested.
G08
Hall of Famer

Definitely interested.

I think our biggest needs in no particular order are WR, S, DE, OT, QB.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Xee
Site Admin

G08 wrote:Definitely interested.

I think our biggest needs in no particular order are WR, S, DE, OT, QB.
Same here. I have an ominous feeling we're going to get another linebacker though.
G08
Hall of Famer

That's what wab said too. Why are you guys thinking that? We have Urlacher, Briggs, Hillenmeyer, Roach, Williams. No room! :lol:

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"
Xee
Site Admin

G08 wrote:That's what wab said too. Why are you guys thinking that? We have Urlacher, Briggs, Hillenmeyer, Roach, Williams. No room! :lol:
Because JA and/or Lovie have a love-affair with linebackers. It's like the candy at checkout; they can't resist throwing one in their cart.
G08
Hall of Famer

Yeah but usually not with our first-round pick. I'm fine with if we take one in the latter rounds, but our first pick better be a WR, S, or DE.

G08
Hall of Famer

Dude Kenny Britt looks to be pretty fucking sick, and he's a big boy at 6'4" 215 lbs. If he declares, I wonder if we should take him over DHB or another WR.

wab
Mod

I don't know why...but I'm a little "meh" towards Britt. I can't put my finger on it though. A guy to look at in the middle rounds is Brandon Tate from North Carolina.
G08
Hall of Famer

I think I'd have to go Britt over DHB in the first round, if we were looking to go WR. That's just me.

Not familiar with Brandon Tate but I'll look into him. Any chance Hakeem Nicks declares?

wab
Mod

Very likely given the lack of quality WR's in the coming draft. Crabtree is probably staying for another year, Maclin will probably declare and so will DHB...Britt is in there...after that you are looking at Derrick Williams, Demitrius Byrd and Brian Robiskie...all of which are boarderline 2/3 rounders.

You may only see 2 WRs go in the 1st this year. Obviously I'm saying this without workouts and combine stats...

I would consider Nicks with our 1st rounder, but I really think it will be a DE. Greg Hardy, Everette Brown, and George Selvie should all be there at 18. Orakpo and Johnson are likely top 10-15 picks, so we would have no shot.

Looking at my unnofficial draft board I can see Taylor Mays being there for us...maybe.
G08
Hall of Famer

I just worry a bit about Hardy's "attitude" and injury history. Everette Brown I like and George Selvie I think is a bit undersized (like 245 lbs?). The talent is certainly there but I really have no idea who we are going to draft. Least year it was obvious that LT was our glaring hole. Now we have it at WR, S, and DE :lol: