Seminoles DE Brown to go pro (Hopefully we draft him!)

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

Seminoles DE Brown to go pro
Comment Email Print
By Joe Schad
ESPN.com
Archive

Florida State junior defensive end Everette Brown told ESPN on Wednesday that he will enter the NFL draft.

Brown, 6-foot-4 and 252 pounds, had 13½ sacks this season and 21½ tackles for losses, ranking among the nation's leaders.

Brown will be one of the top speed rushers in the NFL draft. Scouts Inc. draft expert Todd McShay has Brown rated as the ninth player in his Top 32.

"This is a business decision," Brown said Wednesday. "I can bring the whole package as far as a guy who can get up the field quickly and will also study the playbook every day and work hard."

Brown said he's been told he could be among the first 20 picks in the draft. "I have always tried to take a little bit from the great Florida State pass-rushers of the past, such as Andre Wadsworth, Peter Boulware and Kamerion Wimbley," Brown said. "Those are the guys I learned from."

Brown already has graduated from Florida State. He is a Walter Camp All-American and first-team All-ACC selection.

Joe Schad covers college football for ESPN.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

wab
Mod

Yeah he fits the Bears mold, but I'm worried he and Mark Anderson are pretty much the same guy.
G08
Hall of Famer

I think Everette Brown's spin move alone makes him much different from Mark Anderson. Plus the kid has a penchant for blowing up plays in the backfield (#3 in the nation for TFL and #3 in sacks). Mark Anderson usually can be found being pushed in the wrong direction.

I think you and I are the only ones that talk draft, wab.

UOK
Site Admin

I want to wait and see the scouting reports for most of the top college players before I really talk draft. I hate college football for the most part due to the bowl system, so I can't really say too much about certain players until I read the scouting reports.
Halas85
Assistant Coach

Does this guy rush from the right side or the left side? In other words, would he be an immediate replacement for Ogun?
I think you and I are the only ones that talk draft, wab.
I think most of us other guys are still clinging to what went wrong in 2008 and what the team needs to do about it ... that is, besides the draft. Once the Pro Bowl's all done and we start hearing talk about the Combine, I'm sure this thread will dominate, with the exception of a couple weeks in early March when we see if the Bears are going to be heavy players in free agency.
“Some say the 46 is just an eight-man front. That’s like saying Marilyn Monroe is just a girl.” -- Buddy Ryan
“It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy.” -- Uncle Lar
G08
Hall of Famer

He's rushed from both sides, as well as from DT.

wab
Mod

:)

You know me and the Draft....I love it more than the Super Bowl. Well unless the Bears are in it.... I think some are still amazed I called Duane Brown to the Texans in the chat on draft day.

On Brown....admittedly I didn't see a ton of FSU games, but I did see a few. I didn't see alot of power moves and he seems strictly a speed rusher. He does play the run "ok"....I just want more of a complete "Justin Tuck" style DE.

It may not matter...Brown should see his stock rise and may be the 1st DE selected. Orakpo and Johnson won't be far behind. They all should be grouped pretty closely.
wab
Mod

when we see if the Bears are going to be heavy players in free agency
It's not really our style...but hey anything is possible.