"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Ormazd
MVP

Ann Arbor is a Whore.

Muck Fichigan!
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Rich Rodriguez, graduate of the Nick Saban School of mealy-mouthed insincere coaches, is now whining about Michigan fans abusing him for running their program into the dumpster ... said he cannot understand why they are that caught up in it and that they should get a life.

:shock:

ummmm ... fan interest and support is the only reason you have a job nitwit. If these people who you say need to get a life stopped coming to games, stopped watching the games and stopped buying merchandise, do you think you'd have a multi-million dollar contract to coach the team? Nope .... it would be like the old days, where the football coach did it as an additional duty to his regular job.

So fuck you, you whining spineless piece of shit. Here's your sign. :kickme:
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
swami
Journeyman

Coming from a Mich. fan, I hate RRod so much.
gaba
Head Coach

Yeah, that's more than a little clueless. Does he think he'd be able to land a contract like his if a sh8t-ton of people didn't care just a little too much?

It is a little unfair to blame him for the state of the team though. If they were any good when he took over, they wouldn't have needed him. They sucked last year. Do Mich fans expect him to turn it around in ONE YEAR??? What a bunch of f*&king idiots. If there's enough fans complaining that he hasn't made the laughing stock of the Big 10 (and that's really saying something) into a national contender already, then there are some seriously unreasonable expectations in Ann Arbor.

By the way... I had a teacher that started her career in Ann Arbor and she said it was the worst place in the world to live and she wouldn't go back there even to visit. This was a perfectly reasonable and intelligent woman that told me it was a blight on the face of humanity. (Might've had something to do with them beating Mizzou at some point though, I'm not sure.) She thought Clinton should nuke it into oblivion. (This was a long time ago.)
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
Beardude
Practice Squad

RichRod isn't a Michigan man.

Bo sure as hell wouldn't have allowed him to be UofM's head football coach.

This just in........ Alabama fans don't have a problem with Saban.

Arkansas hired a bigger douche bag than even RichRod and Saban.
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

Rodriguez has in his first year as Michigan head coach the worst season in school history. GRRRRRRREAT hire.

Hell, I think my Iowa State Cyclones could give the Wolverines a run for their money.
"Every team needs badasses." - Dan Hampton
gaba
Head Coach

How in the hell do Michigan fans expect him to turn it around in one year? Dumber than p*cker fans?
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

I don't think they expected them to turn it around in one year. I just think they're pissed off because they dropped off to their worst season in school history. Of course, when a team/school has their worst season in a 125 year history (or however long they've been around) the fan base is going to be pissed no matter who the team and/or the coach is.
gaba
Head Coach

They were god-awful last year. I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to be better in a new coaches first year, especially one that is making so many major changes. Setting up a system that'll work immediately with the personnel available could make a good impression (think Charlie Weiss) but it's a short term solution and then you're stuck with a system that doesn't work (think Charlie Weiss). What Rodriguez is doing is best for the long term (at least that's how he's approaching it) and Michigan fans are stupid to be calling for his head already.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

I don't see how a 9-4 record and a bowl win over #9 Florida is "god-awful" (other than the App. State game.)
gaba
Head Coach

For most teams it's not... but this is Michigan. This is one of the oldest teams in the country with one of the longest and most distinguished histories. Being an Iowa State fan, I wouldn't expect you to understand. As a 'Canes fan though, I understand that for some teams there is no "good enough." Aside from a pretty big setback this week, the 'Canes are doing far better than anyone expected. That's not gonna be good enough for me to see Randy Shannon as anything but a huge mistake anytime soon though.

Michigan fans SHOULD expect more from their team, but to expect a guy to come in and make a ton of changes (changes that may very well prove to be the best choice) and still field a nationally competitive team in his first year is just ridiculous. The team did okay last year but they've been down for a long time. They've had a decent record, but they haven't beaten anyone worth a sh*t in a long-ass time.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
RING4CHI
Hall of Famer

gaba wrote:Being an Iowa State fan, I wouldn't expect you to understand.
:roll:
gaba
Head Coach

Jeez imp, learn to take a joke. When did you become such a joyless bastard? If nothing else you can at least be glad you're not a Michigan fan.
CAPTAIN MEATBALL!
swami
Journeyman

The point is, the team was crap last year and it's a shambles this year. Lloyd left Richie a bunch of talented players but several of them left because they didn't want to play in Rich's offense. I would have preferred going after a guy who ran more of a pro-style offense and could have kept some of the better players who left.

I didn't expect Michigan to be great this season given the coaching change and the loss of several key players, but I did expect the team to be more competitive. There haven't really been many good things worth mentioning from Rich's first year. Usually you can find at least a few good things... I'll give Rich another year or two to get his own QB, but he's really done nothing this year with a lot of talent. Now more guys are talking about leaving the team and the fans are pretty pissed. Overall, it's just not good for the Michigan program so far.

It's OK with me though, because GT is on the rise. I've pretty much forgotten about Michigan football this season.