Hey WAB: Hakeem Nicks vs. Brian Robiskie

College football and the NFL Draft

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

Who do you like / who would you rather have? I think that Nicks will be there for us with the #18 pick in the first round, and Robiskie *may* be there for us with our second round pick. They're both bigger bodied receivers with excellent hands and route running ability. Robiskie is a bit taller but I think Nicks plays with a more physical approach (the way this guy is relentless once he smells the end zone makes me giddy).

What do you think of each guy and who would you rather have?

Due date: 03/04/2009 14:00 hours :lol:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

wab
Mod

This is a tough one. I don't think Nicks is quite worth the 18th pick, but he is definately a 1st round talent. They both have similar skill sets, although Nicks is the stronger of the two...but Robiskie runs better routes.

Nicks is pretty much an Anquan Boldin clone and ran a lot better than expected at the combine. He's not going to blow by you but you aren't going to out-fight him for a ball either. He has the potential to be great. Michael Irvin great...but he's still raw.

Robiskie is about as polished a WR as there is in the draft, and might be the "safest" one. He's probably not going to be a pro bowl guy, but he could be a productive part of an offense for a long time. Think Brian Finneran...

If Crabtree and the top tackles are off the board I would probably take Nicks in round one and hope for Loadholt in round 2.
G08
Hall of Famer

I used to think that you should always draft for value and not need. But honestly, if the guy has the potential to be Anquan Boldin, why the hell don't we take him when a big, possession WR is what our offense is sorely lacking? I know he's projected to go late first/early second, and taking him at #18 would be a "reach", but I say screw it and draft the guy if he is what we need! Granted, if Michael Oher or Everette Brown is available, we may be better off drafting one of them. If they're gone, I want to trade down and draft Nicks, or just draft him at #18.

Outside of the Smiths, Monroe, and Oher, do you consider anyone else to be a top tackle? I hear good things about Britton (but he has the shortest arms of the class) and Beatty (but he's raw).
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS