View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Search for:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:17 pm 
Head Coach

Boris13c wrote:

so, the unanswered question is, why did she buy cat food in the first place?

she did realize it was a puppy you brought home, not a kitten?

or did she think all pet food is the same (it isn't)?

No we have a cat. For some reason that dog though loves cat food, even though it fucks her up.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:34 pm 
Hall of Famer

mmmc_35 wrote:
Boris13c wrote:

so, the unanswered question is, why did she buy cat food in the first place?

she did realize it was a puppy you brought home, not a kitten?

or did she think all pet food is the same (it isn't)?

No we have a cat. For some reason that dog though loves cat food, even though it fucks her up.

ah

well, puppies will eat pretty much anything ... better keep him away from the cat's litter box

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:49 am 
Crafty Veteran

wab wrote:
My wife is an absolute slob. That is all.

Mine were, too - and they all found a way to blame me for it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:00 am 
Head Coach

I forgot about this thread and should have posted some amazing stories, that one day I maybe able to remember. However tonight I will regal you with something mediocre but in my opinion hilarious.

So the school year just started, and I have two 2nd graders and a 4th grader. Of course naturally my daughter gets sick on the second day with a 102° fever. I call the school in the morning and explain her absence. I was informed by the secretary, and then the principle, children require doctor's notes to be considered sick from school. I of course ask if they will allow me to send her to school with a fever. They state i can not due to their "feverish kids don't learn good" policy. So I explain that it's asinine to require a doctor's note for a common illness treated with 7up and chicken noodle soup. They explain that it is a new district policy and kids get 10 non doctor related absences.

So I contract the district administrator via email. I polietly explain that this new policy is rediculas, and not enforceable. What are they going to do, not teach children? I explained that to drive to the doctor, wait around sick people, and pay a doctor, for a 24 hour bug is dumb. So I state I will not adhere to this.

I am emailed by the administrator stating he would look into the matter. The guy who apparently signed off on this policy doesn't know about it? I find that odd

3 days later get a response. His response essentially states that they now require doctor's notes for sick days. That's the expectation. He did say he looked into this though and hoped it helped. Good job!

So I respond back

"Yes they are the same expectations I mentioned in my first email. The ones I will not follow if my kid has a normal sickness. If they are sick and do not require a doctor's attention, I will not go to the doctor. Just like when you are sick, I bet you don't go to the doctor every time. Why wouldn't you go? Perhaps because common illness can be treated with OTC meds, rest, and sometimes chicken noodle soup. You also may not go to the doctor for an illness because it costs money, you have to drive to visit other sick people, or if your very forward thinking it backs up The health care system. The issue here is common sense. Kids commonly get little"bugs" that do not require doctor intervention. Thanks though for looking into it. I appreciate all that you do. "

How fucking stupid and bureaucratic are we getting that you can't tell if your kid has a cold. I find it hilarious.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:23 am 
Head Coach

What happens if you just ignore it? I've got a couple of years before I need to deal with this shit but the current plan is just to ignore any of the bollocks and assume they're also too lazy (in a good, subversive way) to apply any sanction.

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:04 am 
Head Coach

malk wrote:
What happens if you just ignore it? I've got a couple of years before I need to deal with this shit but the current plan is just to ignore any of the bollocks and assume they're also too lazy (in a good, subversive way) to apply any sanction.

Oh that's what's going to happen. I am not doing shit. I just thought it was funny they thought they could require it. Fuck of f

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:37 am 
Crafty Veteran

mmmc_35 wrote:
malk wrote:

Oh that's what's going to happen. I am not doing shit. I just thought it was funny they thought they could require it. Fuck of f

All policy starts with the voted in school board. An email to the school board reminding them they are voted in, can sometimes get assinine policy changed at the 'buck stops here' level. Otherwise you may have to run for the school board and get it changed yourself...

I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:37 am 
Mod

Our school has the same policy. I get it, that's why they give them a set amount of "non doctors note" days. But it's stupid. What's even more better though, is I can't call my kid into school sick any more. I just send them with a note the next day. There is no more absence line.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:46 am 
Head Coach

You actually go to the doctor?

I think I am going to make fun of it to this school board.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:50 am 
Mod

mmmc_35 wrote:
You actually go to the doctor?

No, only if they need to go. But if they miss I have to send them with a handwritten note, from me. Like "hey, I know you noticed my kid gone yesterday, so here's a note from me saying my kid was gone yesterday".