View unanswered posts | View active topics

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Search for:
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 12:28 pm 
Pro Bowler

I thought the battle of Winterfell was amazing....especially when the music played the final 5 minutes or so.

Last episode..to me, was bad. It’s clearly going to be a fight till the death, why not kill them all when Dany and her squad was rolling 20 deep outside the gates of Kings Landing?

Prediction....Jamie kills Cersi, Sansa works behind the scenes to set up Aria killing Dani.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 12:36 pm 
Crafty Veteran

Last episode was bad. I was still entertained, mind you, but it didn't stand up to scrutiny and reflection.

Ending one major threat in Episode 2, while epic as all get-out, left the rest with a very "meh" feel. I'm hoping for a rebound, but not holding my breath.

This space for rent.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:20 pm 
Hall of Famer

it's almost like they're just mailing it in to finish the series ... they have lost touch with all nuance and intrigue and back story which resulted in this last episode missing many points that should have instead been intriguing elements to a bigger picture

there is no intrigue, and I fear the final episode may be some real schlock instead of any satisfactory conclusion, which would be a shame

I guess Martin not finishing his book to give these guys a solid blueprint was a larger negative than anyone thought

BLOG : Emissions from the Bears Nebula

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:35 pm 
Hall of Famer

a more humorous side story to the mess that was episode 4 - the coffee cup

Starbucks got an estimated $2.3 billion in free advertising from ‘Game of Thrones’ gaffe, and it wasn’t even its coffee cup

Quote:
Starbucks gained an estimated $2.3 billion in free advertising over the last few days after a modern-day coffee cup was spotted during a “Game of Thrones” episode — and it turns out it wasn’t even a Starbucks cup.

On Sunday, eagle-eyed fans of HBO’s fantasy epic noticed something out of place during a feast scene. Photos and videos of the moment went viral on social media within hours of the show airing.

The label is muddled in shadow, but many fans speculated that it was the iconic green siren from Starbucks — and most of the jokes and discussion called out the Seattle coffee chain by name. Turns out, it was just a craft services cup.

Stacy Jones, CEO of marketing company Hollywood Branded, put the estimated value of all the buzz at $2.3 billion. Jones cited PR subscriptions service Critical Mention, which has tallied 10,627 mentions of Starbucks and ‘Game of Thrones’ online and on TV and radio around the world.

“This is a once-in-a-lifetime collision of opportunity for Starbucks,” she said. “But really, this is just the tip of the iceberg, because what isn’t being monitored or estimated is the word of mouth and social media on top of this.”

Separately, social media analytics and monitoring platform Talkwalker counted more than 193,000 mentions within 48 hours that cited both Starbucks and “Game of Thrones,” or a variation of the series’ hashtag, on Twitter, in social forums, blogs and news sites.

Starbucks declined to comment.

As of Tuesday, the coffee cup had been edited out of the episode, but chatter about Starbucks and the episode on Twitter and Reddit continued.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:34 am 
MVP

Man, if you thought Episode 4 was bad...

Episode 5 was Dexter finale level bad.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:14 am 
Hall of Famer

seems they are determined to simply end things in whatever way pops into their heads at any given moment ... episodes 4 and 5 did not appear to me to be well thought out nor well executed

wonder how they will end this? there seems to be 2 distinctly different paths they can follow ... or perhaps a wild card 3rd path no one is considering

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:26 am 
Crafty Veteran

I think the biggest problem they have is the arbitrary timeline the creators self-imposed. It's forced the character development necessary to show a slow decline into Episode 5's culminating action to be stripped away.

There have been numerous hints of that side of that individual, going back to Season 1. Just not taken to that extent.

Beautifully-shot episode, incidentally, with terrific pacing (of the episode, not of the plot development).

This space for rent.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:21 am 
Hall of Famer

so that begs the question of why they decided to force this all into a condensed season rather than take the time to let things develop? they are passing over things, and since we don't have a book to reference, are left kind of in the dark guessing on many things ... which is unfortunate

there we so many better ways they could have told the story of Daenarys and her twists and turns ... the way they chose to depict it was simply not in line with her entire character development up to this point

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 1:12 pm 
Mod

I thought it was a good episode, aside from one disappointing part that I won't mention to avoid spoilers.

The fact is, this was hyped for like two years and just won't live up to whatever has been built up in people's minds. So I'm just taking it for what it is.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:46 pm 
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
The fact is, this was hyped for like two years

and that's what pisses me off ... they had 2 years to truly tell a compelling story ... and to me, they failed ... primarily because they destroyed in short order strong character development that happened over 7 previous seasons

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss obviously needed RR Martin to finish his damn book, because left to their own devices, they are lazy and incompetent story tellers

can't wait for them to fuck up Star Wars

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next