"Papa John" Schnatter to step down as CEO

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

Wounded Bear
MVP

Papa John's Board or Directors has told Papa John's founder, John Schnatter, to step down as CEO of the company. Evidently sales for the pizza chain have continued to fall at a dramatic rate in spite of John Schnatter's apology for blaming the NFL players protests against police brutality on the chain's declining pizza sales.

Papa Tossed! Pizza Chain Orders up a New CEO.

Just getting his ugly mug off of their commercials will probably go a long way in not instantly killing peoples' appetites.

The universe is under no obligation to make any sense to you...
Neil deGrasse Tyson
thunderspirit
Head Coach

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
KFFL refugee.

dplank wrote:I agree with Rich here
RichH55 wrote: Dplank is correct
:shocked:
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

In the Chicago area anyway, I'm surprised that anybody would order pizza from them (Domino's and Pizza Hut too) with all the local pizza guys we have that are a lot better.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

Only ate his pizza once. Not memorable.
I'm between an old Italian deli and a mom and pop type pizza place. I got Dominoes for the first time in years a couple months ago out of college nostalgia. Still had the 8.99 get everything on a large "deal". Went back to the Italian Deli and asked if they had a pizza crust with brushed butter and garlic, they said it's on their assorted meat pie. (with Cappicola, Salami, Olives, and Tomatoes diced on top, with pink sauce, brushed garlic butter crust and deli pepperoni layered under their 4 cheese blend). Nostalgia is great and all, but I know what I'm getting (again) next pizza night!
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
G08
Hall of Famer

The Marshall Plan wrote:In the Chicago area anyway, I'm surprised that anybody would order pizza from them (Domino's and Pizza Hut too) with all the local pizza guys we have that are a lot better.
Seriously.

Pequods (even though the service has gone to absolute shit)
D'Agostions
Art of Pizza
Lou Malnatis
Giordanos
etc
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

"Wallet white, phone is pink, case is clear, nails are clear, lips are pink – your girl LOVE 'em!"