Madden PS4

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

G08
Hall of Famer

Atkins&Rebel wrote:
G08 wrote:Well, you assholes convinced me! Saw on PS4 that the G.O.A.T edition of Madden 18 was available to download for $18 so I pounced.

So, who here has Madden 18 for PS4? We'll have to exchange gamertags
How much space does it take up? Might just pounce on it
I believe around 36 gigs.
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
G08 wrote:
wab wrote:
G08 wrote:I used to quite a bit but this is the first year I have not bought the game in ages.
This was the best one in ages.
Really? Why? Maybe I'll grab a used one.
Less arcade-y than years past. Better gameplay. Story mode is actually kinda cool.
Oh my GOD the fucking story mode! I gave it a try last night around 10:45pm... next thing I know I'm fucking hooked and it's 12:45am :lol:

wab
Mod

G08 wrote:
wab wrote:
G08 wrote:
wab wrote:
G08 wrote:I used to quite a bit but this is the first year I have not bought the game in ages.
Less arcade-y than years past. Better gameplay. Story mode is actually kinda cool.
Oh my GOD the fucking story mode! I gave it a try last night around 10:45pm... next thing I know I'm fucking hooked and it's 12:45am :lol:
Hahah, I told you man. A lot of people said it was stupid, but it hooks you.
G08
Hall of Famer

wab wrote:
G08 wrote:
wab wrote:
G08 wrote:
wab wrote:
Hahah, I told you man. A lot of people said it was stupid, but it hooks you.
It's like watching a movie, and I'm prettttttyyyyy sure the WR bro is Jason Street from Friday Night Lights, the series :lol:

wab
Mod

I'm prettttttyyyyy sure the WR bro is Jason Street from Friday Night Lights, the series
I think you are right!
bearsfaninaz
Head Coach

G08 wrote:
wab wrote:
G08 wrote:
wab wrote:
I'm going to kick you right in the thighroid. Classic
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

I'm going to need a new paddle if I keep playing this years Madden.
-Load up a new Bears Franchise to start at the season...so I have to re-order the roster to bring Cohen and Jackson up from the practice squad...no biggie. Instead of cutting guys I trade them to Seattle for Paul Richardson, a modest upgrade on the outside WR. I also decide to start Trubisky right away...

1st game against Atlanta: They receive and drive right down and score on a Julio TD, I run 3 times get a 1st down, throw a PA pass and have it intercepted by a LB for a TD. I then get a bit more conservative and utilize Miller more and eventually hit Richardson on the post for a TD. we trade punts then I have the ball with 2:00 in the 2nd to try for a TD...I throw another int on a screen pass intended for Cohen...They get a FG.
- I start with the ball and call a run, they have the SS in the box so I audible to a PA TE seem, Miller is wide open, I hit him in stride...then the CB catches him from the side with a hit knocks the ball out and injures him...out for the game. They go 3 & out punt to me...I run twice for no gain, hit Richardson on a slant...S crushes him...out for the game...I go on to lose

2nd game against Tampa: I establish the run, have 120 yards and 2 TD's with Howard by the end of the 3rd. I'm up 14 -6. They hold me to a punt at the beginning of the 4th and I can't bring down the returner so they get to my 30. 1 pass to Evans for a TD and then they get the 2pt conversion. I get 1 first down and suddenly can't run the ball any more and have to punt with just under 3 minutes left. They drive down and miss a FG and we go to OT. They score on the kickoff.

3rd game against Pittsburgh: We both have long drives in the 1st for TD's. I score in the 2nd and hold them until an INT leads to them tying it up before the half.
-my first play in the 3rd, I run right for 11 yards but I lose Sitton for 6 weeks. next play is play action and I get sacked, Trubisky goes down for 4 weeks with high ankle sprain. I finish 4-12 passing with Glennon and Howard loses more yards then he gains in the 2nd half, lose 31-14

Against Trubisky most teams played more zone and I had open windows to throw into
Against Glennon I faced press man the whole time and the WR's dropped every pass in a defender was close.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

I'm thinking of buying a PS4 this evening. Is new Madden for it worth it? The last Madden I got for PS3 was crap and would crash all the time after finishing a game in Franchise mode before it was saved. All it was good for was being a drink coaster. How stable is the game now?
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

PS4 saves completely different. most times I wake the system from sleep mode the game loads right away back to what I was doing.

I've had some games get glitchy and crash at times, but not as bad as the ps3 got and not Madden yet.
I will kill you if you cut me at the knees. You will drink with me when invited and stay til I say so. We only listen to American Music. I make men nervous with just my presence. I expect an apology if you hold. I throw linemen at QB's. Believe the Lore!
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

I did end up buying the PS4 pro last evening. The first game I played crashed in the middle of the 2nd quarter. By that time it was my bedtime so I will resume after work today. I am hoping the crash is not a trend. I hate the fact that EA Sports has an NFL monopoly when it comes to these games.
Atkins&Rebel
Head Coach

gotta make sure all the updates are done and saved. that is the only time I start getting crashes is when the updates are coming down the pike and I haven't downloaded or saved them yet.
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

Now that I have had Madden 18 to play over a complete weekend my verdict is it is the best Madden release in a long long time. I do now see that now when a game does crash you do not lose the whole fucking game. You progress seems to be saved up to the time of the crash. The crash I was having is from an old bug that has been around awhile, since Madden 12 at least. Not everyone may run into it as it is partly from user behavior. I have a habit of tapping the X button during some cut scenes and that causes the crash. Now that I am conscience of my habit I have stopped doing the tapping and I have not crashed since. I am happy to see that the AI has finally learned to do some at least simple clock management. The game seems to be a bit more realistic. I only play offline franchise in coach mode and the added realism is a plus for me. There are still some things I am trying to figure out, like how to look at injury reports and depth chart while in a season game. How the hell do you get to those screens? Do they even exist during a game anymore?