Muay Thai

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

staleystarch
Assistant Coach

I went to see a Muay Thai event last night. Of the 7 fights on the card 3 were knockouts. I was second row ringside and all I can say is this stuff is much more barbaric in person than it appears on television. He knockout Ishtar in front of me I had to wonder for a good 10 seconds if the fallen fighter was killed. Even those, most of the crowd, that was cheering insanely went silent. I don’t believe I will ever attend something like that again.
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

I am a big fight fan. Trained lightly in Mauy Thai. One of my best friends was a Mauy Thai champion. He did MMA for a second but he was to far behind in wrestling. I love both. Traditional Mauy Thai is fucking vicious. Until you have been leg kicked it's hard to understand to pain.
staleystarch
Assistant Coach

mmmc_35 wrote:I am a big fight fan. Trained lightly in Mauy Thai. One of my best friends was a Mauy Thai champion. He did MMA for a second but he was to far behind in wrestling. I love both. Traditional Mauy Thai is fucking vicious. Until you have been leg kicked it's hard to understand to pain.
What really made me cringe was of the 3 knockouts the other night 2 were elbows to the head.
"We don’t know exactly what we’re doing” -- John Fox
mmmc_35
Hall of Famer

Elbows are insane. Mauy Thai is so fucking brutal. The Brown Diego Sanchez elbow comes to mind. Brown hit Sanchez with a an elbow thrown like a hook/overhand.

https://youtu.be/2LLZ7JdsImQ

Then there is broken forehead guy. How the ref didn't stop this right away. The dudes tough as nails but his skull done broke.

https://youtu.be/oPloMpsP050
MrPrettyBoyFancyLad
Journeyman

it's a great way to get a dude bloodied up. hit his forehead enough times, he'll bleed right into his eyes and then the fights over.