NBA Western Conference Finals

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

malk
Head Coach

Anyone watch the Rockets vs Golden State Series? I'm still hella salty but can't shake the conviction that we (the Rockets) were absolutely jobbed by the refs in games 6 and 7. Obviously its not the only factor, our shooting should have been better, but good God we got mugged and that bastard Foster did nothing about it... again.

So have I succumbed to absolute homerism or is there some merit in it?
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
UOK
Site Admin

I watched the ECF, and if the current NBA requires jacking up 80 brick-ass three pointers a game, I want no part of it. Boston had a chance to turn things around and in their panic spazzed out, further bricking threes with great aplomb.

Is this all shit is anymore? League needs to consider dropping the three point line if this is how it's going to be. Total bullshit.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

I refuse to watch the NBA because in my opinion it is rigged. The style of play today is also unwatchable versus what I grew up on during the Jordan years.

The NBA allows LeBron to create a super team, but vetoes the CP3 trade?

LeBron will NEVER be at the level of Michael Jordan. Ever. Jordan was a full fledged assassin who, instead of flopping into the third row every trip down the court vs the Pistons, adapted his game and overcame his opponent. Jordan was also 6-0 in the Finals.

I'll never forget Sacramento vs LA Lakers. That was disgraceful.
Adipost
MVP

The Marshall Plan wrote:I refuse to watch the NBA because in my opinion it is rigged. The style of play today is also unwatchable versus what I grew up on during the Jordan years.

LeBron will NEVER be at the level of Michael Jordan. Ever. Jordan was a full fledged assassin who, instead of flopping into the third row every trip down the court vs the Pistons, adapted his game and overcame his opponent. Jordan was also 6-0 in the Finals.

Lol. LeBron just made it to his 8th straight NBA finals.
cblaz11
MVP

In a watered down Eastern Conference.

I love Lebron, the guy is a beast. He's the second best player ever..but he's still light years away from MJ. Which speaks more to MJs greatness then LeBrons.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

NBA bball is a joke, it is not bball IMO. It is basically isolation ball or launch 3s. It is not even close to resembling the good ball played in the early 70s (Celtics, Knicks, Lakers, Bucks) thru the 80s (Celts, 76ers, Pistons, Rockets).

The continuous dribbling, no inside game.........boring. The Warriors move the ball better than anyone at this time but they still rely on the 3. I doubt they ever do away with the 3, so lthey need to move it back. Lets get some inside game going again.

I can't watch. I am a Celtics fan and I watched,attempted to watch the last series. Pathetic. Rozier was 0-10 from 3 and he wasn't even hesitating to launch as bad as he was missing.

Give me high school bball anyday.
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Adipost wrote:
The Marshall Plan wrote:I refuse to watch the NBA because in my opinion it is rigged. The style of play today is also unwatchable versus what I grew up on during the Jordan years.

Lol.

What is LeBron's record in those finals?

3-5? Sub-500?

Jordan is 6-0 with 6 finals MVP.
malk
Head Coach

The Marshall Plan wrote:
Adipost wrote:

Lol.

What is LeBron's record in those finals?

3-5? Sub-500?

Jordan is 6-0 with 6 finals MVP.
Don't get me wrong, I think Jordan is the better player, but James' win in 2017 was incredible and just getting to the finals in 2007 and this year was a great achievement.

He's going to be 3-6 very soon but against this ridiculous Warriors team that's no shame.

See fivethirtyeight.com/features/lebrons-finals-record-isnt-really-a-disappointment/

At least Cleveland won't get jobbed by the refs like my Rockets did...
"I wouldn't take him for a conditional 7th. His next contract will pay him more than he could possibly contribute.".

Noted Brain Genius Malk, Summer 2018.

(2020 update, wait, was I right...)
The Marshall Plan
Hall of Famer

Well LeBron is 3-6 in the Finals now. Maybe he can get his hands on the flux capacitor, go back and get Wade and Bosh again, take his talents to South Beach....again....and figure out a way to win another title. Then again, maybe he can't.

Or he'll wind up in LAL or Houston or whatever, but it won't matter. He's not Jordan and he never will be.