Going to Bears vs Rams!

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

FranktheTank
Player of the Month

What's up Bears Brothas

I'm finally making the pilgrimage to Soldier Field for the first time in my life and couldn't have picked a better game to do it. Hoping some of you fine folks can provide some helpful tips for a first time visitor.

I'll be landing in Chicago, between Saturday 12/8 -12/10. Staying in the River North area.

I'm looking to:

- try the best pizza and best italian beef sandwich in town.
- What to do before the game? Tailgate, bar, something else?
- Nightlife, Bars, Gentlemen Club , etc

Any other tips/recommendations are appreciated and happy meet up and have a beer if anyone is interested.
Rakshir
Pro Bowler

I've never lived in Chicago so no tips. Lucky you, should be a great game. Have Fun.
cblaz11
MVP

Did you book your hotel yet? If not, check out The London House. One of my favorite places to stay in the city.

Pizza- Lou Malnatis or Pizanos(walking distance from River North)

Steak-Chicago Cut or Del Friscos for me(best ribeye I’ve ever had and both located around river north)

Bars- check out the Chicago Athletic association for a couple drinks. They have a pretty cool game room/bar on the second floor(shuffleboard, pool, and others) and they have a rooftop that is open all year that has one of the best views in the city(Cindy’s) this is also within walking distance to River North

Hub 51 for drinks and apps- Place has a chill vibe and is loaded with women.

Bub City has good BBQ and they have good bloody Mary’s

As far as the game, good luck. The good news is that you don’t have to drive, I’d Uber to 17th and Praire and walk under lakeshore from there. That said, I don’t have much advice on the tailgating.

Enjoy bro!
G08
Hall of Famer

FranktheTank wrote:What's up Bears Brothas

I'm finally making the pilgrimage to Soldier Field for the first time in my life and couldn't have picked a better game to do it. Hoping some of you fine folks can provide some helpful tips for a first time visitor.

I'll be landing in Chicago, between Saturday 12/8 -12/10. Staying in the River North area.

I'm looking to:

Any other tips/recommendations are appreciated and happy meet up and have a beer if anyone is interested.
Fuck yeah, man!!

Best deep dish: Pequod's Pizza (pepperoni and garlic). Trust me.

Italian beef: Mr. Beef was my go-to but their quality has gone down. Johnnie's is good but it's a haul from where you will be staying. Al's beef is more like a chain but it's solid... extra hot and baptize that bitch ;)

Before the game: tailgate, but there are also bars a 10 minute walk away from Soldier Field... if you get there late don't expect to be sitting (Bar that is)

Nightlife: depends on your personal flavor... different areas in the city attract different crowds. The River North area, as well as Rush/Division is where people go to be seen, ie you'll see a ton of pretentious people but exceptionally hot women. Drinks are expensive as well.

Wicker Park - more hipster, good beers, can dress down

Wrigleyville/Lakeview - younger crowd, cheaper drinks but you'll feel like you're back in college

West Loop - developing, I haven't been there a bunch but you can find some good spots.

Have a blast man, shoot me a PM if you want and I'll see if I can meet you out and buy you a shot or three :toast:
9 PLAYOFF APPEARANCES IN THE PAST 35 SEASONS

FranktheTank
Player of the Month

cblaz11 wrote:Did you book your hotel yet? If not, check out The London House. One of my favorite places to stay in the city.

Pizza- Lou Malnatis or Pizanos(walking distance from River North)

Steak-Chicago Cut or Del Friscos for me(best ribeye I’ve ever had and both located around river north)

Bars- check out the Chicago Athletic association for a couple drinks. They have a pretty cool game room/bar on the second floor(shuffleboard, pool, and others) and they have a rooftop that is open all year that has one of the best views in the city(Cindy’s) this is also within walking distance to River North

Hub 51 for drinks and apps- Place has a chill vibe and is loaded with women.

Bub City has good BBQ and they have good bloody Mary’s

As far as the game, good luck. The good news is that you don’t have to drive, I’d Uber to 17th and Praire and walk under lakeshore from there. That said, I don’t have much advice on the tailgating.

Enjoy bro!
Thanks for the tips bro! Bear Down!
FranktheTank
Player of the Month

G08 wrote:
FranktheTank wrote:What's up Bears Brothas

I'm looking to:

Fuck yeah, man!!

Best deep dish: Pequod's Pizza (pepperoni and garlic). Trust me.

Italian beef: Mr. Beef was my go-to but their quality has gone down. Johnnie's is good but it's a haul from where you will be staying. Al's beef is more like a chain but it's solid... extra hot and baptize that bitch ;)

Before the game: tailgate, but there are also bars a 10 minute walk away from Soldier Field... if you get there late don't expect to be sitting (Bar that is)

Nightlife: depends on your personal flavor... different areas in the city attract different crowds. The River North area, as well as Rush/Division is where people go to be seen, ie you'll see a ton of pretentious people but exceptionally hot women. Drinks are expensive as well.

Wicker Park - more hipster, good beers, can dress down

Wrigleyville/Lakeview - younger crowd, cheaper drinks but you'll feel like you're back in college

West Loop - developing, I haven't been there a bunch but you can find some good spots.

Have a blast man, shoot me a PM if you want and I'll see if I can meet you out and buy you a shot or three :toast:
Thanks Man! I'll send you a message on FB so we can get together for a few!
Pagan
MVP

Damn guys...

I feel terrible about not having the opportunity to go see this one!
This is going to be THE signature game for this team that generates "Supper Bowl Shuffle" level excitent for the Chicago Bears.

What a great game to catch live & at home.
Enjoy my brothers :)
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

My daughter is going with her boyfriend ( and effin Packer fan). Tried to talk her out of taking him but it didn't work out.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:My daughter is going with her boyfriend ( and effin Packer fan). Tried to talk her out of taking him but it didn't work out.

and what did you do to your daughter to make her rebel in such an unsavory fashion as dating a Packer fan?
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Just found out I am on standby for the game. Daughter's boyfriend got called out to Oklahoma to work. Depending on how bad the storm is or if they get, he may not be able to go. Problem is, I have a huge report due Monday that HAS to be filed. If I get all the info back tomorrow and get it approved by my sup., no problem. If not, I will not be able to go if I get the call. What a bitch.
Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Otis Day wrote:Just found out I am on standby for the game. Daughter's boyfriend got called out to Oklahoma to work. Depending on how bad the storm is or if they get, he may not be able to go.
awwwww ... what a shame ... feel so bad for him :-P

Otis Day wrote: Problem is, I have a huge report due Monday that HAS to be filed. If I get all the info back tomorrow and get it approved by my sup., no problem. If not, I will not be able to go if I get the call. What a bitch.
so bribery to those you are waiting on for info is always an option ... or better yet,blackmail :)
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

No word yet. Did receive 1/2 the info I was waiting for.
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Boyfriend coming back and will make the game. Can't say I am disappointed, which is weird. Fighting a cold, behind at work, got a lot of shit going on. Probably better for me. I will have my ass in my oversized recliner, with some good grub and cold beer. I will also be wearing shorts and t shirt and not layers and l ayers of clothes.