Mike McCarthy Investigated Over High School 'Verbal Tirade'

Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs/Sox, & general discussion

Moderator: wab

Boris13c
Hall of Famer

Ex-NFL Coach Mike McCarthy Investigated Over 'Verbal Tirade' ... at High School Game
Ex-Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy is under fire after officials say they have video of the 55-year-old berating officials at his stepson's high school basketball game.

McCarthy was allegedly pissed off at the referees after his stepson's Notre Dame Academy lost to Pulaski High on Tuesday night ... and followed the refs as they left the court.

Officials say McCarthy went on a "verbal tirade" -- using inappropriate language to rip the refs.

Officials have filed an "abuse against contest officials" complaint against McCarthy and the school is investigating.

Footage captured by the school district shows a man -- identified as McCarthy -- following the refs and yelling at them.

Pulaski athletic director Janel Batten explained it this way -- "This parent chose to follow the officials and berate them, which is clearly unacceptable."

"Some things were said, some language was used that we don't want in our gym, unsportsmanlike language," she told WLUK.

McCarthy has reportedly been a regular at his stepson's basketball games this season.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."
George Carlin
Otis Day
Hall of Famer

Perfect example of how parents ruin kids' events. A guy that should clearly know better acting like an ass. One thing I did as a parent and a coach, I showed refs respect. I would question them on how or why they made a certain call. I was always respectful when attempting to get their attention as well. I didn't want my players thinking it was ok to gripe about every call (NBA) and think that was appropriate behavior.

Now I did cuss out one of my kids' coaches and didn't feel bad about it at all.
southdakbearfan
Head Coach

Refs don’t get them all right but parents can be real stupid.